[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've been getting into the habit of using cruise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1458691162438.jpg (100KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1458691162438.jpg
100KB, 640x638px
Lately I've been getting into the habit of using cruise control so I have a few questions about it

Does turning it on and off frequently fuck up the car? For example I'll do 65 but someone in front of me is going slower so I have to go around, then I start it back on is that bad?

When going to work, there is this section of the interstate that goes uphill and then downhill. When going uphill the tachometer amps way the fuck up, almost to 4 and the engine gets loud as shit like its struggling. Normally when going uphill I have to step on the gas hard and it still doesn't increase or even maintain speed whatsoever. Is it not a big deal or should I take it off cruise control when the tachometer gets past a certain point?

I own a 99 Mazda 626
>>
>>14701248
You should learn to use use the "coast" feature. Also, you don't have to turn it off when accelerating. It will return to the set speed once you take your foot off the gas.
>>
>>14701262

I've never used it before so I'm still getting use to it. I remember seeing it on the owners manual but since then I lost the book. So honesty outside of setting the speed and turning it on/off I don't know how else to use it
>>
The trick going uphill is that you have to help the car computer can't see, predicting the road. By that I mean try to accelerate the car 5-10mph before you approach the hill to create more momentum.
>>
>>14701248
We'll it helps to know how it works. It's an electric motor that pulls on the throttle cable with input from the pcm and speed sensors. If it's an older car. Newer cars just eliminate the cable by having a motor directly on the throttle body. By turning it on and off you're stressing the motor. But it should be fine.
>>
>>14701286

But if I speed up wouldnt it drop back down like the other guy said and then have the same problem anyway?

>>14701293

Well its like I said I'm still getting use to it so I've been fairly cautious. Are there any tips or sites with tips for using it most effectively?
>>
>>14701248

Who is this willy witch?
>>
>>14701472

No clue but I'd like to hitting it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.