[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first gen subaru legacy ('91) Manual 93,000miles $1,500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 463320384.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
463320384.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
first gen subaru legacy ('91) Manual
93,000miles
$1,500

sweatingguy.png

Oh god. i mean. whats wrong with it, seller says it runs and drives fine and looks mint. Tempted to buy this so badly, but i dont ""need"" another car.. but... first gen legacy.
>>
File: 463320473.jpg (85KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
463320473.jpg
85KB, 800x450px
it IS only an NA.. but...

How badly would i have fucked up if i buy it.
>>
File: 463321308.jpg (42KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
463321308.jpg
42KB, 800x450px
>>
>>14698402
They are actually pretty good Cars.
And I hate Subaru. But those early legacy's go forever
>>
This is before the head gasket thing right? Buy it. Flip it to a weeb if nothing else.
>>
>>14698405
For being a boxer, that engine bay looks pretty accessible compared to my outback.

Looks clean. Run a vincheck on it?
>>
>>14698423
>RHD
>>14698402
>$

Where is this? If it's the US it's cheap because RHD
>>
File: IMG_20160313_202816.jpg (2MB, 2887x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_202816.jpg
2MB, 2887x1836px
Buy it OP, EJ22 is a great motor, only worry you will have is CV boots ripping and needing new axles.

I got the wagon version before the Legacy and it was well worth it.
>>
>>14698402
>Thinking about it
>Not taking it in a heartbeat
Just go buy it, famalam. 1st gen Legacy is based.
>>
>>14698468
RHD models were sold in the USA for use as a postal service vehicle. Subaru and Jeep still offer it to postal workers. Look long enough and hard enough and you'll find RHD Subaru's, Saturn's and Jeep's that are ex USPS cars.

http://postalclassified.com/
>>
Its only a $1,500 loss if its been fucked. Go for it.

Shekels are shekels anon, but a shitbox is forever.
>>
>>14698402
I had one of these for my first car. They are great machines.

Is it awd to 2wd? The awd legacy of that came with hi and low range awd which was a bit gimmicky but kinda cool.
They are awesomely kitted out cars for there age, and while thirsty have bulletproof engines.
>>
The tarbo ones are so cheap why not snag one instead. We are talking an extra $1000 and you get all the early WRX architecture.

They are fast enough to chase down my mom, lol
>>
Ive seen not so clean ones for 500 - 1000
>>
>sweating over a 23 year old shitbox
keep being a cuck
>>
>>14698402
interested in the new subaru crosstrek 2.0 premium, manual trans. yay or nay? is the headgasket an issue on the 2.0s?
>>
File: Miami Celica GTS.jpg (39KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
Miami Celica GTS.jpg
39KB, 600x330px
>>14701098

I'm sweating over a 1991 Celica right now.
>>
buy it you fucking faggot

tfw one of these here is like 18k usd.

No llores por mi, Argentina.
>>
>>14701150
nevermind, found something cheaper, but is like 2.5x the price that you'll be paying.
>>
>>14698423
Dash reminds me of my VR commodore. I really like that style.
>>
>>14698405
drive train should last another 100k no problem with maintenance. the 5 speed is overbuilt, and the first gens are best candidate weight wise if you want to turbo swap.

>looks pretty gud
>>
>>14700836
>WRX architecture.
Assuming we are talking us turbo legacy the bottom half is actually 22b architecture, so if you can find those for 2k in your area buy one, add intercooler, smoke wrx, repeat
>>
File: image.jpg (868KB, 2408x1380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
868KB, 2408x1380px
>>14698402
What's the deal with early 90s cars looking boxy?

If you give it some perspective, the '91 Legacy and Accord look almost the same.
>>
>>14702523
There are some differences.

The block in the legacy is a closed deck, low pressure sand cast. This cost Subaru $$$$ to make and is suited for high power, it is the strongest block Subaru has ever made. The heads are SOHC (but still 16 valve) and are very restrictive. DOHC heads bolt right up but then your compression ratio goes wonky so you need custom pistons. Some people have kept the lower compression ratio (7.8:1) you get from EJ25D heads on stock pistons and run 20psi of boost with good durability and power. EJ255 heads are ideal, good flow, combustion chamber matched to the bore size, still need pistons.

>Compare to the 22B. The 22B got a Phase II block with thrust bearings in different spots and EJ20G heads with an appropriate compression ratio from the factory. Besides the thrust bearing differences there isn't anything that differentiates the blocks.

The VF11 in USDM Legacy Turbos is tiny. Microscopic even, some aren't even able to see it. For stockish fitment an ideal replacement is to use the turbo from the overseas Legacy RS. If you go with EJ255 heads like I told you, then the world of Subaru under the intake turbos is at your fingertips. Intercoolers are somewhat problematic. The overseas Legacy RS AWICs are good but impossible to find. Slantys from early GC WRXs and STis fit but have too little area to be effective. ICs off the 06-07 WRX fit, but don't really attach to anything besides the pipes (another reason to use EJ255 top end).

The transmission in the USDM Legacy Turbos is the same as in the Version 1 GC WRX. It has crappy synchros and the gears do not like over 280hp. The GC8 STis got better boxes... pretty much everything got better boxes. You can swap to a GD 5 or 6 speed but then you have to get custom axels made or switch to GD uprights. If you are going to GD uprights you might as well go to STI ones which offer bigger bearings and a more common 5x120 bolt pattern.

>The 22B got a much better transmission.
>>
>>14702608
Basically, IF
>Swap a EJ255 top end onto the EJ22T
>Add a turbo from any EJ257 STi
>Add a boost controller
>Add the FHI 4/2 pots from JDM GC STi & GDC WRXs,
>Swap the trans for a GD STi unit

THAN
>You will smoke any stock Subaru made.

People have run 9,000 RPM redlines on EJ22T blocks while boosting to 23psi on pump gas on a regular basis. They don't break. If you use factory head gaskets they will go before a good set of pistons or rods will, thus protecting them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.