[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when it comes to their parts, what's better: AutoZone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 7.jpg (73KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
73KB, 560x700px
So when it comes to their parts, what's better: AutoZone or O'Reilly's?
>>
>>14694197
All their parts are made by the same manufacturer and are equal in every single aspect.
>>
File: titlegraphic-wix.png (90KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
titlegraphic-wix.png
90KB, 520x520px
O'Reillys. Pic related.
>>
>>14694206
Funnily enough, I found from the Wix supplier that all CarQuest Blue series filters are Wix Gold filters rebranded. AutoZone are STP rebrands, and O'Reilly are a Fram design.

As for parts, I like Napa lately because they actually have listings for the parts I need. O'Reilly did have my header bolts, but the staff was so incompetent at finding parts, the store manager offered me a position. I declined and got 10% off an already low supplier price.
>>
>>14694197
Amazon
>>
when you own a classic, Oreillys and glorious NAPA.

also rock auto
>>
Well I was buying bushing and shocks today and O'Reilly's was literally half the price on everything but the shocks. Which were the same price.
>>
I prefer oreilly because their website is a bit more friendly also yes >>14694670 although the old dude who owns the napa near me is a huge dick
>>
Rock Auto
I needed a thermostat housing for a car I was working on
Autozone had a Duralast
$84
Rock Auto had an OEM one
$35
>>
File: advance-auto-parts-logo.jpg (31KB, 478x270px) Image search: [Google]
advance-auto-parts-logo.jpg
31KB, 478x270px
>>14694277
LOL, that happened to me too. I was at the o'reillys by my apartment a couple times a week for like a month and apparently some of the guys told the manager about me and he offered me a job the next time I came in.

I moved from there but I work at Advanced Auto right now. I don't think out prices are all that but if you use the code TRT30 you can get 30% off orders over $50 and TRT41 for 40% off orders over $100 if you use the website. It's all in store pickup but don't be surprised if the website says we have it and it's not in the store. Best way to do it is have a dude pick all the parts you need and then just place the order in the store on your phone and wait like 10 minutes for it drop in.
>>
>>14695023
How much do they pay? Considering picking up a part time job at my local advance on the weekends since it's only like a mile away.
>>
>>14694197
Same shit different label, but o'reillys are nicer inside, and they seem to train their employees a bit better.
>>
>>14695302
If it's any like the ones around here, it's $8/hour, cause AAP is too tight asses to have competitive pay. AZ and O'Reilly's pay more. Last I heard it was $9 something.
>>
>>14695369
Fuck that, my current weekend shitjob pays $10/hr.
>>
>>14695382
Yup. Managers, not the GM, make $10/hour. I do the inventory there and I get paid $10/hour. You can see the problem with it. And they wonder why nobody wants to work for that company.
>>
File: BurritoMechanic.jpg (69KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
BurritoMechanic.jpg
69KB, 720x960px
I usually go to Advance Auto but I think I'll buy on Rock Auto from now on if it's not a dire immediate need.
>>
>>14695397
>managers
>$10/hour
That's fucked up.

I'm a regular part timer peon making that and I thought it was bad. Sounds like a shit company to work for.
>>
No autozone experience but until recently was exclusively O'Reilly's.

Went to Napa to get a power steering pump and pulley for my explorer, they had a 10% discount for college students.

They didnt have a kit to install so I borrowed one from oreillys. Was strapped for cash so I took the core back. Ends up they gave me the wrong pulley so i go to take it back.

Guy said that even though i have reciept no return or exchange without box. This is same clerk who sold it to me. Called me a liar and that i had never been there for. His manager told me to leave or he would call the cops.

Oreilly ended up swapping me for the right part and helping me to install it at like 10pm.

For serious not a plant
>>
>>14694197

Rock Auto if you have a few days. Amazon Prime if you only have 2 days. I only ever venture to those evil brick and mortars if I need it same day.
>>
I go to Autozone because their warranty is decent. Autozone has a computer system so you can return parts without a receipt to any store.

Advance Auto has a BS warranty system that requires you to return to the same store. That burned me once and now I never shopped there.

But when I can help it, I buy my shit online.

The Autozone warranty comes in handy for wear items, because it's basically a lifetime supply of parts.
>>
>>14695426
Like I said, it could just be the ones around here. I even said it's fucked managers only make $10/hour.
>>
>>14695454

I think most have a computer system. I just give O'Reilly my number and it stores the warranty. I swap out CV joints, half shafts, and axles like no tomorrow on my Duramax pulling truck no questions asked. They even swap brake pads in and out if they're not showing poor install wear indicators.
>>
>>14695454
I have never had this issue at advance auto...
>>
I use whichever is closer and has the parts I need. It's a crapshoot which is cheaper depending on what you're buying.
>>
>>14695302
I make $9.35/hr but I don't really work hard either. It's a decent trade off, my job is so fucking easy. A lot of guys at Advanced are brain dead monkeys so that's the standard you can work to without catching any flack.
>>
>>14694743
Plus they send you a baller magnet and sometimes free hats. I got a free hat when I ordered some suspension bits
>>
>>14694197
Advanced auto is better in terms of discounts from coupons/rewards.

But they hire brain dead boomers that literally know nothing so I dont know.... I had to actually show a guy behind the counter where the shocks and plug wires were.....

Auto zone was professional and nice but they are kikes with their prices and refused to honor a website deal.
>>
>>14694277
False. Oreileys brand microgard filters are manufactured by wix.
>>
>>14697576

Microgard is made by Champ. Which makes STP, Royal Purple, and Mobil. The current Micrograd is identical to STP filters.
>>
>>14697615

And to add to that Champion owns Fram so the base Fram, STP, and Microgard filters are very similar if not identical but for a few early version post-merger using up old parts. There's been a massive consolidation of oil filter manufacturers even since that meme photo you see posted here all the time of the filters cut apart. I've cut most of the major big box filters apart in the last 9-12 months and they're all largely similar. Even the basic Wix filter is built like most big box filters. You really need to go to a premium filter to see a huge difference in construction.
>>
>>14697548
Wtf I want a baller hat. All I got is some shitty miata fridge magnets
>>
They sell the same parts. Even carry the same part numbers lol
It all comes to customer service desu
>>
>>14694206
Are these any good?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.