[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which should I get for my first car? The truck isn't the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-18-21-15.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-18-21-15.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Which should I get for my first car? The truck isn't the exact one I'm looking at, but I really like both.
>>
Both. There's really no comparison. What are the roads you'll be driving on like? There's your answer.
>>
>first car

The truck, since you're less likely to put it into a tree at 160. Also because it will be easier to maintain and can deal with it when you hop a curb.
>>
File: kj.jpg (45KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
kj.jpg
45KB, 600x436px
Pic related it's OP in 3 weeks time
>>
>>14693742
Shut up and buy a civic
>>
>>14693785
lol he's more likely to roll the truck and be ejected though. My father in law is an EMT and he sees it all the time. It's true about running up over curbs and fender benders and shit though.
>>
>>14693795
okay
>>
>>14693742
Get the supra.

Enjoy that teen puss with a mad sports car.
>>
>>14693862
>teen puss
>in a shitty old Toyota

I dont think you know how it works these days only car grrlz are gonna give a shit about a Poopra

if he lives in the south skanky ass country girls will line up if he gets the Dodge
>>
>>14693894
Grills don't know shit about cars m8.

If it's fast loud and expensive looking they'll like it.

And everyone has a truck in the south.
>>
>>14693924
a Poopra isnt fast loud or expensive

its an old shitty Toyota the instant they see the badge they will laugh

and no shit girls still love them
>>
>>14693924
>And everyone has a truck in the south.

That's literally why girls like them.

>[[[[CURRENT YEAR]]]]
>not realizing girls just like whatever everyone else tells them to like

kek
>>
This is my brother's supra.
>>
>>14693932
Its a good looking car, both to men and female.
Its an american thing to drive trucks. I guess you cant help that but somehow your fat girls must find seat.

You would be hanged on the nearest lemon tree if you come up with a fucking truck in eu. Laughing material for the whole family
>>
>>14693932
Isn't fast loud or expensive?
>555-come on-now
>>
>>14693951
hot
>>
>>14693742
I'd go with the truck.
I own 3 70s/80s Dodge trucks. I use them for everything from DD to hauling wood to stump pulling.
You can't kill these trucks, even if you buy a shitty one it still won't let you down.
I bought one with a 318 with rod knock for $200, that was 2 years ago and I still use it on a weekly basis
>>
If you want mid tier performance then go Supra...

(From saying a Civic is low tier performance and a new NSX is high tier performance)

But dont go Supra because its your first car and you'd ruin it for the people who actually dream to own a Supra...
>>
The Supra has enough power to be fun, but not too much power that you'll get into trouble (unless you do something really stupid, but that applies to any car). It'll be easier to get into trouble in the truck because they handle like shit!

Also, you'll go broke paying for gas for the truck.
>>
>>14693795
>fair condition ,motor runs strong.
>>
>>14693951
i'm genuinely curious. what do you call that steel bar sitting above the engine, protecting it? i've tried googling them but can never find their name
>>
>>14696431

monte carlo bar
>>
>>14696431
they dont protect the engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S6H7ZdzBfE
>>
>>14693742
>first car
>supra
Shut the fuck up and buy a civic. At least if you crash no one is going to miss it.
>>
>>14696433
>>14696434
cheers

but wouldn't it help to protect the engine, say if something heavy fell on the bonnet?
>>
>>14696470
nah, engines are pretty tough aye
>>
>>14696470
That's an interestingly specific situation. Do you live in Russia? That sounds like a Russia kind of problem
>>
>>14696431
Not sure if srs... It's a Jesus bar or strut brace
>>
>>14696486
nah, aussie.
i saw a video of a guy get into some roadrage, and the guy who started it jumped onto his bonnet. i'm thinking that possibly did something to the engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsfy3-jDWo8
pic directly related
>>
>>14696503

no it didnt lol
>>
>>14693742
The truck is much more forgiving and easier to maintain. Also depending on your area, women love to ride in bigger cars if they have a strong low rumble to the engine. They never know anything about cars, but they all love that idling sound.
>>
>>14696470
It's more because that Supra is a targa top and when the top is off it needs the most support possible to not twist on acceleration
>>
File: 1423962041085.png (496KB, 435x615px) Image search: [Google]
1423962041085.png
496KB, 435x615px
>>14693951
damn son
>>
What would you guys recommend.

2001 Civic Ex or a 2002 jetta 1.8T
Both are in good condition. Civic sells for 3,000 dollars and jetta is 2,500. I've been leaning towards the jetta but I heard that jettas from that era are unreliable.
>>
>>14697561
The Civic is a way better car for that year, plus everybody will think you're a 16 year old girl with the Jetta.
>>
Your first car dude , if you aren't mature enough and respectful to the supra's pawaa then you'll crash it , get something easy to work on and something you would not mind breaking
>>
>>14697584
Poopra is an overrated meme car
>>
>>14697600
ik , nsx master race
>>
Youre probably some rich kid who can afford to lay down shit tons of mommy or daddy's money and pay something crazy like a Supra.

My advice to you; Buy an M5. BMW has brand recognition with anyone as something above the common drivel, if that's what youre looking for. Otherwise, it's still more economical than the truck and as fast (if not faster) than the Supra, and more comfy than both. You'll be putting less towards insurance too since it's got four doors.
>>
>>14697652
Yeah, no.

>"You can get a car only because your parents pay for it, (I'll say "Mommy and Daddy" instead of parents, that'll show him.)"
>>
Friend's Supra. He went to New Mexico to pick it up and paid about $45k.

Hate to say it but girls don't really care for it other than the fact that it's fast and topless.
>>
>>14696470

No, that's what the fucking hood is for.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.