[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the whole back deck/rear quarters be replaced or do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Should the whole back deck/rear quarters be replaced or do you think a pack on that crack would be more than good enough? There's a dent in the top center, a smaller crack on the driver side and then the big crack on the passenger side quarter. What does /o/ think?

Those F150's hit hard...
>>
>>14692760
patch*
>>
cut and patch that dude. That looks like a really easy fix
>>
OP here, I know this is a hard question to answer but whats a rough ballpark of what I could expect to pay to have the rest of the car painted while it's in for repair? The only things left to pain her the doors, hood and T-tops, the front clip and bumper are already painted, and the rear bumper and back deck will need to be painted.

I know that's hard to guess something like that, but I literally have no idea.
>>
>>14692792
How did only some of your car get painted?
>>
>>14692810
When I bought it back in high school, the front bumper was fucked so I had them replace it and just paint it and the front clip. I got done what I could afford. It looked better than having that god awful bra on the front.
>>
>>14692841
but why didn't you have them colour matched ?
>>
>>14692946
It was as close to the stock classic white as they could get. The old paint is just showing wear, a few chips and scratches. It's 40+ year old paint.
>>
>>14692993
i think you should take the bumper off and fix that your self because it's easy and then take the whole car to get painted because otherwise it will never look right due to the different paints fade at different rates.
>>
>>14692760
>>14692766

You kinda need a new bumper. It's gonna be really hard to patch and mold that to look properly with the rest of it. I'm pretty sure most body shops wouldn't even bother. The quarter can be repaired, it's fiberglass just like all other vettes, right?

Full professional paint job for a 2 door? 3500-4K range. YMMV based on brother in law discounts and what hole in the wall you bring it to.
>>
>>14695148
have you ever used fiberglass? it's really easy work work with. I say that bumper is able to be saved
>>
>>14695165
I'm worried about the final result. You're talking about an amateur having to patch a good square foot and shape it across 2 perpendicular body lines, I'm willing to bet it ain't gonna look even close to good. OP should probably look into finding a used one.
>>
>>14695177
Scratch that, there's 4 body lines there, that panel is fucked. Ditch the bumper, get another one, save yourself a lot of effort. Corvettes typically have a huge aftermarket, I would not be surprised if you find a cheap reproduction bumper.
>>
>>14695199
I don't know dude maybe some people find this shit easier than others I guess... I'm a boat guy so iv done a few Fiberglass jobs before and it never seemed to complicated to me.

maybe you r right and buddy here shouldn't try to fix this himself.
>>
>>14695233
It's all about experience. I work in a body shop and see shit repairs come through the door all the time. It will stick out like a sore thumb (to the trained eye), even more so when considering a new paint job, OP should get a new bumper. As a learning experience I would tell him to keep the old one and attempt to fix it himself, he would learn a lot in the process. Heck, if he does it before he gets the paint job he might be able to repair the quarter himself.
>>
>>14692767
>large jagged hole in a compound curved section of fiberglass
>easy fix
kek

Someone doesn't do much fiberglass work
>>
>>14695148
Op here, oh that bumper is gone, I just didn't know how well the crack in the rear quarter would repair.

I'm not doing any of the work either, the insurance of the guy who rear ended me will be paying for it so I'll take it to a good friends shop.
>>
>>14692760
Someone rear-ended you? Go through insurance. Their insurance should pay for it. Otherwise, sue the asshole.
>>
>>14695805
I am, I just wanted to know if I should push for the whole back panel to be replaced for it to be fixed right or if patching it will be good enough?
>>
>>14692760

replacing the whole car is probably the way to go
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.