[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I just get those $99 cheapo brakepad replacement packages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1450742235657.jpg (17KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450742235657.jpg
17KB, 640x640px
Should I just get those $99 cheapo brakepad replacement packages from PEP Boys for my 1999 Honda CR-V?

Is the squeaking really as bad as people say?

Is it really necessary to buy ceramic brakes?
>>
File: 5807130558_dfc4390667.jpg (141KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
5807130558_dfc4390667.jpg
141KB, 375x500px
bump
>>
They're just fine OP. I don't know if I would use Pep boys shit but certainly organic pads are fine on a car of that size. Ceramic are just a meme unless you live in the mountains, have a heavy car, and ride your brakes.

Go with O'Reilly brand or Autozone. Those are a known baseline for me as I have used them both. I also suggest getting your rotors turned if they are worn but still have meat.
>>
how are 100 dollar brake pads cheap? Thats like the price for the most expensive brembo brake pads?
>>
>>14691292
thats probably what they charge for doing the work. OP is a fag.
>>
>go to vato zone
>duralast gold brake pads for 35$
>lifetime warranty so just keep returning them
>????
>prophet
>>
100 bucks? For a set of pads? For a shitbox people mover? That better be the top end pad, I like the Bosch QuietCast Premium from amazon for 50 bucks for my shit box
>>
>>14691643
Does that include rotors? Them lifetime pads chew up rotors bad
>>
>>14691677
No unfortunately not, rotors are like 25 apiece also lifetime
>>
>>14691696
I guess for a shit box it be okay but man I hate trusting shitty parts. Esp safety things like brakes. The Bosch pads and rotors I liked last a long time and are cheap on amazon.
>>
>>14691643
I love checking out Vato Zone. It's like a time capsule of car culture from the late 90s/early 00s.
>>
>>14691731
I'm shilling because I work there part time lol, but it's a pretty neat little Shop to work at. Youd be surprised what your localll autozone can procure for you too, im not talking like valucraft alternators.... ive seen whole performamce exhaust systems, superchargers, fuel injectiom conversion kits and shit like that come through. They partner with tons of vendors and can get mountains of shit for cheap. We get all kinds of tuner and muscle fags coming in all the time having us order them shit.

Also for normies, you literally do the most basic shit to someone's car here like top of their fluids, changed wiper blades, change a reservoir or some shit like that and you're instantly super man. Bitches mirin and dudes dropping tip money. The biggest thing I ever did for a customer was clock out and go to some Marines house to do a brake job, replace thermostat and housing and do a coolant flush on a 92 F250. He paid me in beer and tequila and then called in to higher ups and left me a good review lol
>>
>>14691765
I'm not shitting on them, got one down the street. Long as it's a name brand part ill get it from them. Walmart beats you guys on oil price and filter price though.

Let me ask you, how many returns you get on Doorman stuff? I swear I get a 50/50 shot of a doorman part for being broke out of box
>>
>>14691011
>necessary to buy ceramic brakes?
If that's what came from the factory then yes. In both my cars ceramics are factory stock and they are not sports cars.
>>
>>14691789
Probably 50/50 like u said, but most our Dorman stuff is just little bullshit items like those plastic clips that hold up the wheeln fender lining.

I've yet to go to Walmart for oil I'll have to check it out some day in stead of being at the mercy of the vato zone weekly oil special. Last week it was 5 qts of STP and the filter for 17$
>>
>>14691812
Yeah maybe pads but not your rotors. Btw i put ceramic pads for my neon. Duralast max. Super quiet and my brakes have that new car feeling where everything is too quiet. The back of the pads are laminated with rubber to help too.
>>
>>14691865
I like Mobile 5000 for my beaters along with an OEM filter.

I'm out for under 20 at Walamrt for a 5qt jug and filter.

I run into doorman alot for blend door motors and shit. My friend used an Doorman intake manifold a while back that had hair line cracks in it from the getgo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.