[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i get a Toyota celica or honda civic As a beater car to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (996KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
996KB, 4500x4334px
Should i get a Toyota celica or honda civic As a beater car to protect my dd from salt?
>>
Depends on the celica. I'd say anything is fine apart from the 140hp 7th gen.
>>
>being cucked out of driving nice cars in the winter due to some salt sprinkled on the road
#justyankeethings
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 1059x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 1059x750px
>>14687873

>not wanting your car to last longer
>not wanting to protect your car from rust
>>
File: 3m.jpg (98KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
3m.jpg
98KB, 1000x750px
>>14688138
you know underbody coating is a thing, right?
>>
>>14688173

>He thinks underbody coatings will stop the rust

Protip: the most damaging rust happens inside the car.
>>
>>14687848
Depends entirely on which Celica and which Civic we're talking about.
>>
>>14688188
do educate me
>>
>>14687848
Fuck the salt enterprise.
Why can't the government just make it the law to have snow tires... And why the fuck not just use sand instead of salt, its way less harmful to the environment.
>>
>>14688236

>Walk oustide
>Salty water drips inside car and stays in the carpet

The more you know right. This is why you check the seat bolts for rust in a car out here.
>>
>>14688870
What is clogged sewage for $500?
>>
>>14688870

It is the law to have snow tires in Quebec. Sadly though, no one knows how to drive and leaving some roads unshoveled or only sanded would cause for massive chaos on the roads. Also there is more ice than snow. Most of the vehicles in the ditch during a snow storm here are AWD just to show you how bad it is.
>>
>>14688901
That's why you buy weather tech floor mats you fucking idiot
>>
>>14688926
quebec has the most salty rust buckets i've ever seen in one place
>>
>>14688973

No fancy floor mat will stop the rust from happening unless you go Gestapo mode and act like your shoes are a biohazard of some sort. It doesn't take much to splash salty water out of them. It also doesn't take much salty water to start rusting.
>>
File: 1368817918847.gif (445KB, 294x258px) Image search: [Google]
1368817918847.gif
445KB, 294x258px
>>14688901
yeah, I figured you were full of shit

funny thing my turn of the millenia FRENCH shitbox has no mystic interior rust even though it has been through 16 heavily salted north european winters with boots melting liters and gallons of slush on the footwells. no underbody rust either because the coating actually works.

same case with newer cars
>>
>>14688914
Fucking lots of cities out west have figured out how to do this without fucking up sewage for $200 alex
>>
>things I learned on /o/ today
>the most damaging rust happens inside the car from dripping off your feet, to your seat bolts
>salt is bad for the environment
>>
>drive on highway
>salt kicked up onto car
>sandblasting away undercoating while simultaneously fucking up undercarriage
>finally get to destination while leaving shitton pile of snow ontop of car
>drains get clogged
>water sits inside car cavitys

all it takes is a couple of rocks to expose undercarriage and you're fucked

same goes for the water that sits in certain spots since manufacturers don't know how to tackle condensation inside the unibody
>>
File: 1422163208383.jpg (8KB, 211x237px) Image search: [Google]
1422163208383.jpg
8KB, 211x237px
>>14689704
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.