[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cousin has a 1966 cadillac fleetwood limo sitting in the back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1966-Cadillac-Fleetwood.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1966-Cadillac-Fleetwood.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
My cousin has a 1966 cadillac fleetwood limo sitting in the back yard and wants to sell it to me for $300 it did run when they parked it like 2 years ago but it hasn't been cranked since. Body is flawless other than some rust near the bottom of the doors, all windows are good, all accessories and chrome are present. Do i buy this thing or is it just asking to be a money pit forever. I kinda want it just for a weekend hobby, or maybe driving people around. Pic related but obviously not the same car.
>>
>>14676026
where would you put a limo
>>
You could sell it for more bruh
>>
>>14676034
I have a 10x20 steel building with 3 walls that i use for a riding lawn mover and random other shit
>>
>>14676026
>>14676046
more background on it the interior will need reupholstering for sure cause its 50 years old but it is mechanically sound
>>
>>14676026

If you don't buy it I will.

I am 100% serious.
>>
>>14676058
how good are you with carburetors?
>>
>>14676096
do you live in/near GA? I can tell him he's got a buyer
>>
>>14676129
I have worked with motorcycle motors for years but never a car carb
>>
>>14676138

>Georgia

fuck shit fuck ass goddamnit. No, I'm in Wisconsin. fuck. I'd have to pay to get it shipped and I don't have that much in the vehicle fund right now.
>>
>>14676146
The original owner was a strip club owner in nashville, he traded it to my cousin for some landscaping with his bobcat.
>>
>>14676142
especially with this being a four barrel it will be a challenge, and I guarantee you the carb will need work after sitting. you might need a fuel pump as well, if the gas varnished enough
>>
carb will be full of sludge and require rebuild and cleaning.

gas tank will have thick layer of sludge at the bottom and require cleaning.

rubber hoses will more than likely be swollen if left to sit with ethanol gasoline in them.
>>
is that the same car jfk got shot in?
>>
>>14676171
it's not a convertible. He got shot in an el dorado iirc
>>
>>14676167
I have nothing but time as I work 3 12's a week
>>
So buy it or not bros? No one has given a definitive answer yet.
>>
>>14676191
I would buy it, but I'm not you.

I can't tell you what to do. Only you can tell you what to do.
>>
>>14676185
good the first thing you want to do is pull the gas tank and empty it out.

if there is some slime you could throw in a bag of marbles and shake it side to side to get all that shit loose then spray it clean with something that evaporates. then leave it in the sun to dry out

also if there is some surface rust inside you probably don't wanna try the marble method as it will knock it loose and make everything worse
>>
>>14676191
if worst comes to worst what are scrap prices in your area?
>>
>>14676171
>>14676179
underage b&

it was a lincoln continental limo
>>
>>14676214
i like the way you think
>>
>>14676226
around here I'd offer him $200 if he helps me trailer it
>>
>>14676026

I live in Cumming.

Where is this car at?
>>
>>14676244
buford about a mile from the lake
>>
>>14676214
NOOOO. Don't scrap it.
>>
it's the cadillac series 75 with the 429 i've been comparing pics online
>>
Ausfag here. You. Uy that car and appreciate the fact that a boomer didn't buy it and try reselling it for 50k like here.
>>
>>14676508
50k for a fleetwood? dream on
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Cadillac-Fleetwood-1967/SSE-AD-3857960/?Cr=7
>>
>>14676528
yeah this one is not nearly in that good of shape
>>
>>14676528
Far better condition than OPs which has sat in grass for two years without being run.
And its in great condition apart from a few tears in the interior.

Please stop saying cars are horribly overpriced in Australia when they arent. You just give americans garbage reasons to shit post.
>>
Buy it and part it out for easy money.
>>
>>14676620

Right, if you shitpost for free you're taking away jobs from hardworking Australians.
>>
>>14676162
does it still smell like stale
pussy?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.