[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Loctite? This better not be fucking Loctite. Who the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 20160318_172826.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160318_172826.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
Is this Loctite? This better not be fucking Loctite. Who the fuck would put thread locker on a non-structural transmission fill bolt?
>>
>>14673965
fuck proper torquing just fucking chemically fuse that shit
>>
>>14673965

Shit, the red stuff too. I hope you have Oxy Acetylene familia.
>>
>>14673965
Take it off the way they put it on. BRAAAAP BRAP BRAAAAAP
>>
>>14673981
Shade tree mechanic, so... nope. Was just hoping to change my transmission oil. Too much to ask for, I guess.

I suppose I could take it to a shop and have them torch it out for me?
>>
>>14673994
This
Try and get a square socket, the ends are looking a bit rounded off, but they aren't too too bad

Time to get a new fill bolt afterwards, friendo.
>>
>>14673999

I wonder how they'll feel about torching an oil filled aluminum case. Even if it's drained I would imagine this could end badly.
>>
>>14673965
Have you tried turning it yet? I know the red is supposed to survive the apocalypse, but you never know. It could just be some RTV.
>>
>>14674032
Nah, what could possibly go wrong?

Good point though. So my other options are to either not worry about it and leave the old oil in until the transmission eats itself, or keep trying to force it out and pray that the bolt gives way before the transmission housing does.
>>
>>14673965

That's probably permatex or some other gasket maker, not loctite
>>
>>14674046
>>14674057

I hope so. I'm just getting concerned since I've been at it for two days without any progress.
>>
>>14674073
>I hope so. I'm just getting concerned since I've been at it for two days without any progress.
Oh.

Well, just get a longer breaker bar, and make sure you are turning it the correct way.
>>
>>14673965
That's definitely just rtv
>>
>>14674097

put some heat to it, even a little propane torch will help a lot
>>
>>14674073

>Attach breaker bar
>Slide jack lever extender over breaker bar
>Pull, but with not much force

If that doesn't work, it's loctite. I kinda doubt it is though since it docent normally get fumed up at the end unless they used a fuckoad of it. Prolly just some RVT or thread sealer.
>>
That's just silicone/RTV that someone put on there to seal the threads.

Go buy a 4 point socket set and use a long breaker bar. It'll move.
>>
Doesn't look like locktite. What does it feel like OP? Locktite will be hard and that exposed stuff would probably chip off if you picked at it.

If it is, a propane torch to the area around it will soften it up and it'll come right out.
>>
Loctite comes off with heat, as previous anons have stated. Go buy a $10 butane torch and have at it.
Although I've seen some hideously tight hyd. ram end caps come off with some heat and 7' of breaker bar and stilsons and end up not having any loctite at all
>>
Does loc-tite hold better than jb weld?
>>
jb weld a socket onto that son of bitch then let it sit for like a day to harden then hit it with a brap braap.

Something's gotta give
>>
I'll try the little butane soldering iron I have, it doubles as a torch. I'll have to check its consistency later once it quits raining
>>
>>14674376
protip: ATF burns really good
>>
File: 1452669853836.jpg (65KB, 446x597px) Image search: [Google]
1452669853836.jpg
65KB, 446x597px
Looks more like rtv silicon to me
>>
>>14674399
You mean gear oil? Sure, but it should be fairly safe to heat the housing/bolt enough to break it loose.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.