[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basically making this thread to vindicate my purchase. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 4793689247.png (32KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
4793689247.png
32KB, 300x135px
Basically making this thread to vindicate my purchase. I'm paranoid. I borrowed some money from family and bought a used car. I spent 2900 on a used 2007 toyota yaris. 233k miles. It drivers smooth as fuck. Did I fuck up on something so high on mileage? I spent weeks looking. It was the best I could do for something newer model with a good reputation. Strictly highway miles, the owner commuted to Columbus Ohio from Belpre Ohio. Any tips for 200k mileage cars? The engine still sounds good. A mild low whine when i accelerate. Barely noticeable and I am not sure its the engine or not. Doesn't really sound bad. The transmission worries me the most. It has given me no indication that its bad. Seems to shift fine. Had some issues accelerating in the beginning, its deceptively powerful. Any way i can treat or extend the life of this engine? The original owner has all the repair paperwork on it. Followed it to the letter. Should i flush the transmission and add some lucas?
>>
>>14669717
>spent 2900 on a used 2007 toyota yaris. 233k miles

WHY?
H
Y
?
>>
>>14669717
>buying a yaris
You dun goofed

You could've gotten an older car with lower mileage for the same price.
>>
File: qQrB7.jpg (70KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
qQrB7.jpg
70KB, 540x366px
You could have bought a Miata, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>14669743
No I couldn't, I looked. I spent the last three weeks scouting craigslist in my area, using the local bulletin board and autotrader and checked every single used dealer (which pretty much doubled the cost, think 8000 for a 03 ford focus with 180k miles on it)
and I still didn't find shit. For the same price I was looking at rebuilt titles from crashes, rusted out where it wont pass inspections, chevy cavaliers, dodge neons with transmission issues etc. Anything past 2004 is over 5k unless its over 200k miles. Only the most basic, roughed up car fell under 3k. Dodge neons, chevy cavilers. I did see a few aveos with 180k miles on it for 3500. I do like the car. Literally immaculate on the inside. A few minor scratches and dings on the outside. Would pass for good and nearly pass for very good on outside body condition.
>>
>>14669755
why would i want a convertible? The insurance alone would be not worth it.
>>
So other than shitting on my choice of car, any tips for high mileage cars? Its been garage kept and drove on the highway. Drives good but I always obsess on maintenance.
>>
>>14669843
Follow the routine maintenance schedule and you'll be fine.
>>
Probably small like a bearing or something. Whats the tire psi? These small cars handle like butt if you dont keep check with that
>>
>>14669785
miatas have the cheapest insurance of any car.

I went from a 20k corolla to a 30k miata, and my insurance went down $30/month

And i'm 21 and male.
>>
>>14669775
Then expand your search radius until you find something better. But it's too late now.
>>
File: 8PeqUlN.jpg (72KB, 499x491px) Image search: [Google]
8PeqUlN.jpg
72KB, 499x491px
>>14669717
>falling for the yaris meme
hue

on a serious note, those cars last forever so the miles shouldn't be a problem. sucks that you got a fucking yaris though, with 3k you could have at least gotten a corolla or civic or something fun like a prelude or miata.

insurances on preludes/miatas are cheap as hell too, i pay like 90 per month for my na miata, and i'm 19.

so yes you dun goofed OP, but enjoy the reliable car
>>
>>14669945
I was looking over 200 miles away.
Hell the car is in really good condition body wise. I love the drive. I guess I will set money aside every month and replace whatever goes first, the transmission or the engine. The rest of it I am not to worried.
>>
>>14669964
I've never even seen a miata in my area. I do live in West Virginia. So yeah, its shit trucks and shitty cars abound. All civics have been riced or raced. Older people dont drive them and the younger ones are pig shit retarded.
>>
File: 1457579398574.jpg (35KB, 649x472px) Image search: [Google]
1457579398574.jpg
35KB, 649x472px
>>14669978
you live in VA and cant find a miata?
you're lying or not looking hard enough

i live a state away from you and there are new miata listings every day on my local craigslist/autotrader, and i set the radius to 200+ miles away, so there is definitely no way you cant find a miata lol
>>
>>14669993
WEST virginia not the western half of virginia.
>>
File: c55.png (128KB, 562x562px) Image search: [Google]
c55.png
128KB, 562x562px
>>14670005
i know what you said moron but my point still stands
>>
>>14669964
So..how did i do bad if its reliable? Thats what i wanted, reliable and good gas. Hell it even has manual windows and locks. I love that. Fucking hate automatic windows. Shit breaks all the time.
>>
>>14670008
No it doesn't you fucking idiot.
He does not live in Virginia. Jesus.
>>
File: 1440979598953.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440979598953.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>14669717
>.88
>.45
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.