[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s first choice for a bug out/apocalypse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: 2.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
What's /o/'s first choice for a bug out/apocalypse vehicle?

Toyota pickup with a long travel kit for me
>extraordinarily reliable
>able to be operated by dindus in war torn countries
>cheap to buy
>heightened suspension allows for more versatility
>>
>>14668630
9 times out of 10 you should bug in instead of out.
>>
>>14668711
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGOT
>>
>>14668630
Thats a shit tacoma good lord
>>
>>14668722
k
>>
>>14668630
I won't get to bug in, I live next door to a FEMA/DUMB, I will get pie sliced by millitary the second SHTF.
>>
I'd rather go for a smaller Chevy pickup only because I live in the 'states so parts are generally easier to find and in case of engine issues I'm more familiar with a GM small block than any Toyota engine.
>>
a horse
>being able to fuel your car after society ends
>>
>>14668765
Show me a horse that will run 100mph for five hours straight.
>>
>>14668711
What's bug in and why is it better for an apocalypse?
>>
>>14670569
show me a car that will run after fuel stops being pumped out of the ground
>>
File: IMG_20160313_160849697_HDR.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_160849697_HDR.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
I mean, I sleep in it plenty of places I shouldn't now so...

Lifting will happen probably next summer. Other shit to focus on till then.

This bad boy isn't bad at running and hiding.
>>
>>14670603
>not stocking up on fuel
It's not like you'll have a 100 mile commute to work everyday.

For what it would cost you to buy and keep a horse you could stock up on a lot of fuel.
>>
>>14670603
Alcohol, friendo.
>>
>>14670735
gasoline expires faster than you think big boy
>>
>>14670735
>stocking up on fuel
>implying you can store gasoline with ethanol in it for long

you ever read or seen The Road by Cormac McArthy? after the shit has hit the fan and a year or two has gone by, resources will be very scarce. eventually we would all be reduced to walking.
>>
>>14670774
>not having a bicycle
>>
>>14670793
bicycle would be good.
>>
some type if electric car... Chances are gas will go bad eventually after they stop making it due to the apocalypse and all... You could always find a way to charge a car.

Does anyone make an electric SUV/ truck yet?
>>
>>14670603
Alcohol/batteries
>>
>>14668630
some kind of pre- computer diesel... can run on many types of fuel , no spark to complicate engine problems, ... can even run with no battery or electronics with a few mods
>>
>>14670826
No but realistically how hard is it to outfit a huge electric motor to a powerglide?
>>
It's the apocalypse? Pre '87 GMC pickup.

No computer (EMP proof).

There are something over 100 million chev 350's in the world to scavenge parts from but an old 6.2L diesel will run on cooking oil long after all the gas has gone to shit.
>>
4x4.

Live axles front and back. Solid. Simple.

3/4 ton, pref.
>>
>army surplus K5/1500
>diesel 6.2 or swap for 4BT/V2203
>get pneumatic starter, ditch most electronics

not fast, but indestructible as it gets whilst being more efficient than a tank
>>
>>14668630
My legs or an ATV
>>
File: v8_interceptor.jpg (801KB, 1800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
v8_interceptor.jpg
801KB, 1800x1198px
>this hasn't been posted yet
>>
File: apocamiata.png (577KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
apocamiata.png
577KB, 610x457px
Would use an NB instead though
>>
>>14670592
Bug in is to hole up in a bunker or something. Its better bevause you cwn bug in with more supplies than you could ever bug out with and you can fortify your position.
>>
>>14668742
>Americans believe that one day their military is just going to start massacring civilians becaunse JEWS
>>
>>14673021
I can imagine ATF going into overdrive.
http://www.statista.com/statistics/198100/dogs-in-the-united-states-since-2000/
>>
File: IMG_20150802_014341.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150802_014341.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
I will stick with my 1 ton. Lockers front and back, kevlar tires, and a big 7.3 under the hood
>>
>>14668630
>Posting a 2wd pickup

I have a 4x4 yota, if I was stuck in 2wd I'd rather use my VW Beetle. It can go more places in 2wd and actually has more ground clearance.

As for me I'll take a 22r/3rz 4x4 yota with SAS and a gear drive tcase. leaf springs. not the fastest thing in the desert but totally indestructable
>>
>>14668630
A boat.

Pillage marinas for fuel and gas bottles.

Find somewhere remote and calm enough to anchor/beach it.

Live happily while the rest of the world comes to an end.
>>
>>14672885

>tfw no last v8 interceptor
>>
>>14672885
>shit ground clearance
>2WD
>hardly any cargo room
>abysmal fuel economy
>no windows to protect you from weather
>loud as fuck so enjoy getting spotted from miles away

0/10 would not apocalypse in.
>>
>Anything that isn't diesel

Yeah guys let's all pick small gasoline trucks, in a year when all the gas goes bad we're fucked.
>>
>>14668630
A heightened diesel HILUX
>>
>>14668742
[desire to know more intensifies]
FEMA being out in the open now I can believe but DUMB are still fringe
>>
>>14670603
What is 'vegetable oil'? What is 'biodiesel'? What is 'ethanol'?

Should shit hit the fan, my plan is to just load my car up with as much preserved/tinned food as it can fit, then fill the gaps with fresh stuff to eat first. Then I go home, lock the doors, barricade them, and wait for everything to blow the fuck over.
Should shit REALLY hit the fan and the three minute warning go off, plan A is to tell people what I think of them, and grab a bar of chocolate to eat while I wait for nuclear warheads to hit the manufacturing plant, industrial estates, transport hubs, and populationg centres close by.
Plan B is hide from the blast, then walk home because it's bricked my car.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.