[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've always had a piece of shit car and I finally got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (68KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 600x400px
So I've always had a piece of shit car and I finally got a new car for the first time in my life. I'm 23 years old and I want to get under glow for my a Scion iA.
I was thinking purple or green, and I wanted to get interior lights as well. My question is which brands are the most reliable and what are your general thoughts on underglow.
I live in California do the only restriction on color is red.

Pic related (not my car)
>>
0/10
>>
>I live in California do the only restriction on color is red.
there's a lot more restrictions than just that and you cant drive with them on.

shits tacky as fuck and only use i see for them is for when you open the door or with a switch for if you drop something under your car at night.
>>
>>14662779
2/10 is the best I can do.
>>
WASTE OF MONEY
>>
I feel you man, I've had the urge to do stuff like this too.. But please, do yourself a huge favor and don't, just use the money on preventative maintenance or some interior mods that increase comfyness
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 800x602px
>>14662817
>there are still cars out there that don't have puddle lights
>>
>>14662830
>factory rice
>>
underglow on such a small car would literally make it look like a clown car
>>
>>14662779
There are an absolutely massive amount if restrictions on lighting and exterior mods in California. You should really look into this before you decide to do this.

Also, just don't. Looks stupid as shit and people everywhere will just laugh at you. Like really? Of all the cars to destroy with neons, a scion iA? That shit will look absolutely retarded.

We know you're excited for your first new car, but do yourself the favor of spending that money I taking care of it, not destroying the resale value and looking stupid.
>>
>>14662868
Op here,
How so? I clearly don't know anything about cars it's just my first time I have the means to do anything like this and I've always wanted to. It's just like 50 bucks.
I'm getting the windows tinted as well.
but If I can't drive with them on I feel like it defeats the purpose.
>>
>>14662862
It's not rice, it's a functional convenience feature.
>>
Don't waste your time or money on any form of under glow. Growing up I always thought it'd be the bees knees.

Unfortunately after fabricating daylight white LED under glow and installing it I disabled it less than a week later.

>6' LED bars running both sides (7.99 waterproof led strip glued to 6' angle iron painted gloss white)
>5.5' in the front
>5.5' in the rear

It was neat.. However it drew too much attention for my liking. Showed it to a few of my friends at a party and they were digging it. Turned it on for a cruise in the snow as well. That was cool.

About it. Currently have the power disconnected to them.
>>
>>14665789
>installs underglow
>uninstalls due to attention

What did you expect? What kind of attention did you get that made you uninstall them?
>>
>>14662939
You know how you can avoid that? By pulling up and seeing the fucking puddles and not parking directly next to them. It's like a goddamn Baby on Board sticker replaced with Autism on Board
>>
>>14666153
You must dislike functional luxury
>>
>>14662822
Literally costs 30$ and an evening, faggot.
>>
>>14666156
It's not so much luxury as a retard assistance device.
>>
>>14666166
So by that logic
>power steering is spaghetti-arm pussy assist
>high-beams are for photoreceptor impaired retards
>automatics are for uncoordinated retards
>ABS is for retards
>traction control is for retards
>remote keyless entry is for retards
>everything that is somehow a luxury is now for retards
>>
>>14666205
>power steering is spaghetti-arm pussy assist
correct

>high-beams are for telling retards they're retards
fixed

>automatics are for uncoordinated retards
yes

>ABS is for retards
yes

>traction control is for retards
yes

>remote keyless entry is for retards
yes

prove me wrnog
>>
File: smug car face.jpg (12KB, 439x222px) Image search: [Google]
smug car face.jpg
12KB, 439x222px
>>14666211
Sounds like you need all them pretty badly, then.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 768x960px
>>14662779
>>
I'm here because I to had bought myself a shitty car, and need help.
This was the closest thread that I felt was reasonable to post in without having to create my own thread. I have a 2003 Pontiac sunfire with a damn headlight issue, when I put it into gear a light on my dashboard blinks several times and will continue to click until I turn my lights on. In addition to the dashboard clicking my passenger low beam light will also blink. However the low beam light just on my drivers side it out. Both of my high beams work fine, as well as the blinkers. I went to my local auto zone to purchase a new headlight, swapped it out with the old headlight and nothing. So I tried putting it in the passenger low beam socket which I knew was working and turns out I got a fucking dud. Go figure. I walk back in to autozone and thankfully they replaced it free of charge. I once again try the new light and again nothing, however this time after putting it in the passenger side it worked, so I knew that this light was not a dud. I check the wires in the front, no corrosion, no breaks. The wires thread up underneath the battery, I have yet to remove the battery because I'm not sure if removing the battery will cause some sort of computer reset and further screw up some shit.I guess the question here is should I replace the whole harness, or would by passing the wires from the lowbeam passenger side to the drivers side chancing I might ruin the passenger headlight work? Taking it to a mechanic would be the best thing obviously, but I don't have $800+ to handover. I've been pulled over for this once already during the day might I add so I just want to get this fixed already. Thanks a lot for any responses in advanced.
>>
>>14667601
Is this real life?
>>
>>14662779
I installed an XK Glow Carbon set on the interior of my 2010 Mustang. It has a wifi signal so you can control it from your phone. The entire set cost around $350, but it's extremely bright and durable. I wouldn't recommend cheap 12V adapter lights or anything under $100 quite honestly, but it's your car.
As for placement, mine is installed:
>in driver and passenger foot wells
>in the back seat floor board area
>in the trunk
>in the engine compartment

Don't do underglow unless you want people to make fun of it.
>>
>>14662830
Legitimately thiught these were just for niggers to show off their fresh Jordans.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.