[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /o/, I need your help. Recently my car was totaled, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (10KB, 344x146px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 344x146px
Ok /o/, I need your help.

Recently my car was totaled, and now I have to decide on a new car. I've narrowed it down to a Mazda CX-5 or a Subaru Forester (Maybe XT, maybe not). I know how you all feel about CUVs, but please put that aside for 5 minutes.

So, CX-5 or Forester, and why??
>>
>>14661377
CX-5 doesn't drive like shit and has a non shit interior
>>
If get an xv crosstrek if I were you. 5 speed, fun to drive and you can do mold offroading as well. Decent mpgs too
>>
>>14661398

>Subaru engines

lol good one Anon
>>
>>14661377
My parents literally bought a Forester yesterday. The XT decently equipped is like 30k. Subaru's AWD is better. Just get the Forester.
>>
>>14661409

What is the CVT like in the XT? I know the car generally is a lot more powerful than the Mazda, but I dont like the thought of CVT too much.
>>
>>14661377
>buying a crossover
are you a woman?

They're all shit. Get a used turbo manual outback or legacy or a 1st gen mazda 3 s grand touring manual.
>>
>>14661658

My totaled car was a mazda 3 s touring. Im looking for more space
>>
>>14661472
It acts generally like a regular transmission. Look up reviews for the 2015 WRX, same tranny and engine (if it's automatic)
>>
>>14661817
Why do you need more space than that?
>>
>>14664060

The 3 was nice but too claustrophobic at times, like when there were four adults in the car.

I also throw my bikes in the car frequently, and have to transport samples for work pretty regularly.

With the MPG difference pretty negligible the CUVs just make sense.
>>
>>14664824
Volvo v70. E39 wagon if you enjoy driving. Roadmaster wagon. E class wagon. All can be had for between >10k and 25k
>>
Im in the same boat, but Im selling my brz for something more practical. Was looking at hatchbacks, but also dont want something drastically slower if possible.
>>
>>14661377
I ~heard~ that the CX-5 has one of the best Manual Transmissions on a CUV out there (not that that's a point of pride), but it only comes in the base engine.

Have you test driven either?
>>
Last gen xt with the manuel. I couldnt live with a cvt, ever.
>>
>>14661472
Honestly, CVT in anything other than the BRZ/WRX/STi is fine. Go check some reviews though to see what you think.
>>
I test drove both back in 14 and thought the mazda was a better overall package. The forester was quicker though
>>
>>14661377
Several foresters in, up from impreza and wrxs due to space. N/A or turbo is fine. Go with what you think you will like. Foresters have been comfy and capable all around vehicles. Long trips. Off roading. Daily driver in city.
>>
>>14667066
2.0 engine is not worth it, too much noise and too little power
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.