[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really need to pull all this shit off to replace my #1 ignition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: _2.IMG_20160316_193326.jpg (853KB, 2832x1593px) Image search: [Google]
_2.IMG_20160316_193326.jpg
853KB, 2832x1593px
Do I really need to pull all this shit off to replace my #1 ignition coil? Fuckin ford's man. Why are cars built to be a pain in the ass to work on?
>>
File: jturcotte_529.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jturcotte_529.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>
That's not a Ford engine. It's a Motorcraft engine. You can tell by looking at the serpentine belt
>>
>>14660909
why did you feel the need to post this?
>>
>>14660909
welcome to any transverse V6. working on the rear bank is always a pain because its burried under manifolds, wiring and pipes.
>>
>>14660915
It's actually a chain not a belt. It's a 2008 mercury milan v6 (ford fusion)

>>14660916
Did you not read my original post at all?
>>
>>14660921
Already bought the coil. What do you think it would cost to have a mechanic strip the shit off and install it? I'm not a mechanic and am worried about damaging shit further or not rememberin how to reconnect shit etc.
>>
>>14660909
>Why are cars built to be a pain in the ass to work on?
so you don't do it yourself. manufacturers profit from selling new cars is about 5%, they make way more money by fixing/servicing it. it's impressive how many people on a car board still haven't realised this.
>>
>>14660930
My apologies, I forgot it was a V6.

Still though, just take the stuff off. You're the one who bought a FF V6 car. They are all like that.
>>
>>14660934
I literally never post on here. I get a car question I ask here first. The last time I posted on here was when I bought this car back in 2010.
>>
>>14660933
>I'm not a mechanic and am worried about damaging shit
Mechanics are worse, they will break something, tell you they found the problem, replace the part they broke, charge you a month's salary, and the real problem isn't even diagnosed or fixed.
>>
>>14661898
In this case I would expect the mechanic not to replace the coil, tell you he did, charge your two week's salary, then when the problem is still there will say that the coil wasn't the problem after all.
>>
>>14660909
It is not hard, Many say they can do it without removing the upper Intake or plenum as I will call it but I found removing the plenum takes about 15 minutes at most and made access to the plugs much easier.

First Remove the EGR valve on the front of the plenum right behind the Throttle body. All it takes is a 10MM socket to remove 2 nuts and 2 bolts. Get some new Gaskets for the EGR valve. You can probably get by just removing the 2 upper bolts but I found things are easier if you just get it out of the way.

Then go to the passenger side of the plenum. There is a vacuum switch that you just pull the hoses off and disconnect the electrical wires that go to it. Now you can remove the plenum.

Use an 8MM socket to remove the 8 easily accessed bolts that hold the plenum on. Now you can rotate the plenum up and towards the drivers side to get the clearance for the rear plugs, You don't need much. I believe that the gasket is part of the plenum and it is reusable.

Change the plugs and put it all back together.
>>
>>14660909
Buy yourself some white masking tape and mark what goes where, thats what i did when i started working on cars a simple letter or number can make life really easy
>>
>>14662106
>Change the plugs
Fucking this. If you're going in there do all three plugs and coils.
>>
>>14660909
>Why are cars built to be a pain in the ass to work on?
They're built to be assembled once as quickly and cheaply as possible. It doesn't matter how long it takes to do maintenance or repair work after the warranty runs out, because that's not on the manufacturers dime.

When's the first recommended spark plug change on this car, 100,000 miles? The original owner will have already traded it in by that point.
>>
>2016
>People still buying Ameritard shill cars
>Still not buying God tier Honda machines that are much easier to work on.
>>
>>14662490

>wololololololololo

Someone has never been under the hood of a 2000+ H Body
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.