[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cars that don't start unless the brake or clutch is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1438585226745.png (70KB, 275x224px) Image search: [Google]
1438585226745.png
70KB, 275x224px
>Cars that don't start unless the brake or clutch is pressed

Why does this exist. It's annoying as shit.
>>
Because liability, and shitty tort laws
>>
>>14660745
It's in case you try to start the car in-gear.
>>
>>14660759
But are people actually stupid enough to do this?
>>
>>14660761
Yes.
>>
Simply bypass the neutral safety switch.
>>
>>14660763
Well there you go. Retards ruining things for the rest of us, as always.
>>
>>14660766
People make mistakes, this board seems to think they're immune to this fact yet they'll forget one day to take it out of gear/push the clutch in, buck it into a wall and look for someone to blame.
>>
>>14660761
There's nothing stupid about starting the engine in-gear if you intentionally do it and do it the correct way. This system is to prevent idiots from hurting themselves or other people doing it the incorrect way.
>>
>>14660772
i wont
>>
>>14660766
say that when you come back to your car in the lot and see a dent in your rear bumper
>>
>not doing it regardless for safety
>>
I do this out of habit anyway.
I've never owned a car with this feature.
>>
what's wrong with a feature that requires no extra thought or effort that can potentially save you thousands of dollars?

you should have your car in park or neutral when you start it regardless
>>
File: 1449127230291.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1449127230291.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
>when you start your car after a long day, forget it's in gear and take your foot off the clutch
>>
>>14661144
>you should have your car in park or neutral when you start it regardless
I do have it in neutral. This is exactly why I wouldn't need to press the clutch when starting it.
>>
>>14660774
Why would you ever start your car in gear?
>>
>>14660745
In cars with push button start, it's the differentiator between engine ignition (actually starting the car) and just on for power/climate control.
>>
File: 1451359823300.gif (1MB, 487x456px) Image search: [Google]
1451359823300.gif
1MB, 487x456px
>>14661164
>>
>>14660745
Because morons drive cars into buildings and claim 'IT JUST MOVED ON IT'S OWN!'

That said, I started the car when it was in gear once. Once. It hauled itself across the car park at about 1.5k RPM, despite the handbrake.
But then, the handbrake was worn to shit, and the engine revved up to 1.5k and stayed there after being cold for a while.
And I'd decided 'fuck it, good enough' when I stalled it trying to park in the morning. I was within the lines, so fuck it. I just forgot I left it in first.
>>
>>14660761
>americans
>doing stupid shit since 1776

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2016/02/lyndhurst_man_dies_after_hes_run_over_by_his_own_j.html
>>
>>14660745
>2016
>not having remote start
>>
>>14661211
If you leave your car parked in neutral you're a retard.

Mfw ppl on this board saying they hate a simple safeguard, claim they will never make a mistake, and then don't fucking know how to even properly park a manual trans
>>
>complains about safety feature
>too stupid to disable it
>>
>>14662136
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/25/forum-fodder-dealer-accidentally-remote-starts-customers-musta/
>>
>>14660745
I didn't know this was a feature, it's just a good habit to start the car with your foot on the break. Mistakes happen to literally everyone and such a little action every time you start the car is worth it. It's annoying that there's one more electronic piece of shit restricting the driver, but in this case I see little reason not to reflexively start braking.
>>
>>14662257
>get a vehicle with remote start
>deliberately have it wired wrong so the vehicle will start outside of park and has the unlock command on the vehicle remote start the engine
>don't tell the dealer when you bring it in for service that you have remote start or using the unlock button on the keyfob will trigger it
Do you even read the shit you link to?
>>
>>14662257
>deliberately bypassed a safety that would keep it from starting in gear

Why the fuck?...
>>
Bypass it you stupid retard, bitch nigga
>>
>>14662282
Because he's a lazy know-it-all piece of shit like OP
>>
>>14662235
if you're not park on steep hill put in in gear doesn't really matters
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.