[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. Thinking of getting one of these soon. Anyone want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Hey /o/. Thinking of getting one of these soon. Anyone want to tell me why it's shit or have any other suggestions?

What I'm looking for:
Under $15k
Comfy
Not too slow
Hatch/wagon
Manual
Decent amount of room for stuff.
>>
>buying a Golf with a fancy badge and price markup to match
>>
>>14656513
>price markup to match
They depreciate so fast they're not much more used.
>>
>>14656505
Punto
>>
>>14656505
this might work for you
>>
>>14656513
>Not wanting a golf quattro with a proper interior.
>>
>>14656645
>Haldex
>>
>>14656706
>Expecting a rally car from post 93 audi
>>
File: Muh rig.gif (842KB, 1953x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Muh rig.gif
842KB, 1953x1131px
>>14656505
>buying a newer audi

You have to be a special kind of retard to not see how crazy vw got with price markups for audi.
I drive an old A4 and even i think that new audis are overpriced. The interiour is dogshit, steamed, even in the top trims. I sat in enough of them.
Got my audi cheap, and here in germoney spareparts are cheap. But since i was not rotarded to get the 1.8 tardo or anything quattro, this thing has nothing that can really break.
>>
>>14656756
Exactly, B4 (or earlier) or bust.
>>
File: AUDI100-C4--750_2.jpg (192KB, 1151x820px) Image search: [Google]
AUDI100-C4--750_2.jpg
192KB, 1151x820px
>>14656853
My dad had an audi 100 c4 for several years. That thing was godlike. When we sold it it had 340 000 km
>still the original tranny
>never had any major problems, just regular maintenance

That thing was crazy reliable, the 5 cyl only had 133hp, but handled the weight with ease.
Big sedan with super nice proportions and roomy inside.

I wish i would have bought one and put it on LPG.
>>
>>14656939
The funny thing is Audis from that era are stupid cheap these days. I can find a B4 80 with basically that same engine (different intake manifold, I believe) for about €1000 now.
>>
>>14656964
Yeah, and it's a good thing. Audis are made rustproof, so with a manual model, you are in for a car that will last you for a very long time. And will have good mpg.

The great thing about the car market is, companies are constantly pushing new designs and the dumb consumer pays royally for a "bodykit". Some models are nothing more than a factory bodykit with the same old engine with minor differences.
So the older models depreciate very fast and peole who are not retarded can profit from that.
>>
>>14657018
I've been reading up on those older Audis a fair bit myself, and I found out that, with the right parts, you could theoretically take a FWD B4 with the NA 10V i5, convert it to Quattro, swap the cylinder head for a 20V, throw a turbo on and make well over 300hp with ease. Now that's something I'd seriously love to do someday.
>>
>>14657036
Could be fun, but make sure to calculate the costs properly. The quattro conversion might be a pain in the ass. Everything else seems like a good idea.
>>
>>14657091
I know certain FWD models lack the transmission tunnel needed for a Quattro conversion, but on the B4 sedan and wagon the mounting points are all there, threaded and all.
>>
>>14656849
this so much!
I drive an A6 of the same vintage. Cheap rubber paint peeling off and lots of plastic too. still nicer than my focus though.
I have the Diesel V6 Tarbo which is known for the camshafts shitting themselves after 200.000km's, but i bought it about 30.000km after the previous owner put new hardened ones in, so i'm good. so far the only unexpected problems were repaired with cableties and wd-40. really reliable cars imo
>>
>>14657140
>Cheap rubber paint peeling off

Can confirm.

You got a good deal. Yeah, audis are fine. But i would not touch anything of the newer dogshit they make. Design got really bad and even if they will be cheaper soon, i still won't buy that.
The new models are vw's money printing machines.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.