[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Scion infotainment system a rebadge of Mazda connect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_hZHw3Y8K.jpg (77KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
4L_hZHw3Y8K.jpg
77KB, 1024x678px
Why is the Scion infotainment system a rebadge of Mazda connect? Mazda doesn't have anything to do with Toyota so why wouldn't scion just use the Toyota infotainment system?
>>
>>14656276
Mazda and Toyota signed a tech deal a couple of years back, mazda get to use the Toyota hybrid system and make the base model Scion hatch.
>>
File: 16-iA-Mazda3.png (415KB, 550x537px) Image search: [Google]
16-iA-Mazda3.png
415KB, 550x537px
>Mazda doesn't have anything to do with Toyota
>>
>>14656570
they 're both pretty ugly
>>
>>14656276
>infotainment system

Whats the point of these stupid things? 99.99% of Americans have smartphones
>>
>>14656591
Its a cheap way for manufacturers to significantly raise the price of a new car.
>>
File: ragepoweredjetpack.png (50KB, 450x310px) Image search: [Google]
ragepoweredjetpack.png
50KB, 450x310px
>>14656591
I have no fucking idea why cars don't come with built-in smartphone holders. Hell, my car has nowhere to put one without obstructing the windshield because of retarded dash design.

It's even more insulting since any $100 lagdroid phone destroys all "infotainment" systems I've seen when it comes to media playback and navigation convenience.
>>
>>14656643
>I have no fucking idea why cars don't come with built-in smartphone holders
It's called your pocket, if you need GPS you're a scrub.
>>
>>14656655
And then there's this retard.
>>
>>14656643
I saw someone have a holder that went in their cup holder, seemed to work pretty good.
>>
>>14656643
A lot of new cars do have spots for your phone. Some of them even include inductive chargers there too.
>>
>>14656655
I don't really need GPS, but I do need traffic info because my city is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>14656730
same. I'd like to have Waze open and be able to see it, but no good place to really mount my phone in my car.
>>
>>14656655
b8
>>
>>14656276
The BeSpoke systems in Scions are much better than the Entune systems in Toyotas.

>I work for Entune/BeSpoke tech support
>>
My Harley Davidson had a Harman Cardon stereo and has nothing to do with Audi.
>>
>>14656643
>$100 lagdroid phone
>thinking phones cost $100 and are not entirely amortized by your phone bill
>>
>>14659792
100$ unlock phones exist but since you are a cuck you don't know about them
>>
>>14656276
The Scion iA/Yaris iA/Yaris R/Yaris Sedan is a rebadged Mazda 2, genius. They have an agreement.

Besides, Mazda's infotainment is arguably best in class while Toyota's is made of hot garbage.
>>
>why wouldn't they just use Entune, Toyota's piece of shit infotainment
Be thankful they used Mazda instead.

Source: Frequent Toyota renter (via Hertz)
>>
>>14659792
I actually meant a phone that costs $100 off contract. It's gonna be some mediatek shit, but even that is better than 99% of car infotainment systems.
>>
>>14659715
That's because Harmon Kardon is a separate company dummy. They make audio products (e.g. speakers, amps, etc.) for consumers and OEMs.
>>
>>14662370
My Samsung galaxy j3 was 150$
>>
>>14659792
My POS Tracfone Ultimate 2 cost $100
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.