[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /o/, I'm looking to get a new car. I have been driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: ford-fusion-st.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ford-fusion-st.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
So /o/, I'm looking to get a new car. I have been driving a '96 Nissan King cab. I've been looking at a Ford Fusion ST. Is it any good? It looks good to me. I like the look and the interior. Haven't get to drive it yet. It is standard , at least the one i'm looking. at. Anything I should know or is there a better car than it I should look at?

Also general Ford or new car questions I guess.
>>
>>14656021
>Ford
>Good

You know the drill.
>>
>>14656021
The Fusion ST hasn't been released yet to my knowledge. But it should be breddy gud. 2.7TT with 300+hp and AWD.
>>
>>14656029
Well, what should Iook at then?
>>
>>14656021
Actually debating on getting one as well. Heard they're pretty good and reliable.
All the torque steer. If you have an extra 10k you could go for the RS that's awd and has 350hp and 350 torque. The only reason the St appeals to me is because they're for sale around here 22 k for a turbo hatch seems good.
>>
Everyone here just needs to buy a Fiesta ST and enjoy their rocketbuggy
>>
>>14656043
Don't listen to trolling faggots. Fords are fine.
>>
>>14656021
>>14656036

There is no such thing as a "Fusion ST".

Ford is releasing the Fusion Sport this year which will have the 2.7 ecoboost.

It will only be available in autotragic.
>>
>>14656235
Edit.
I meant the focus St. At least you'll have more room.
>>
Fusion ST isn't even a thing...............

What the shit has OP been smoking?

Their FusionSport is RUMORED to have 300whp TT AWD which would make it pretty monstrous, but it's not being badged as an ST you troglodyte.
>>
>>14656356
You're right, I forgot they weren't calling it an ST. My bad.

But still the Fusion Sport will blow it's competition the Malibu, Passat, 6, Accord, Camry and Altima out of the water.

>It will only be available in autotragic.
This won't bother most people looking at a midsize sedan, the SHO started selling more than ever when they offered an auto in '93.

Some guy was arguing with me that Honda has a better lineup than Ford, I couldn't stop laughing. I brought up the STs, RS, GT350R, GT and Raptor. All he had to bring up was the NSX and said Honda doesn't need a bunch of performance models.
>>
>>14656386
The Fusion Sport is going to have 325hp and 350lbft through an slushbox to all four wheels.
>>
>>14656390
Yea, Ford has one of the best enthusiast lineups of all the mainstream manufacturers.

Chevy really needs to come out with a Cruz SS.
>>
>>14656390
Yeah, in terms of the price point though, it will undoubtedly be more expensive than all of those you listed. Ford is trying to compete with the BMW/Merc market, their goal will be to undercut the costs of similarly powerful vehicles from those brands.
>>
I love my Fusion, but with AWD it's really heavy at 3700Lbs and a 2.0L Ecoboost. I know the rumored upcoming Fusion may be different; rumors are on weight reduction and a bigger engine.

Very comfy car with lots of bells and whistles.
>>
>>14656420
I thought they had a Cruze RS like the Sonic? I'm not a huge Chevy fan so I don't really follow their lineup especially since everything aside from the Vette and Camaro is so underwhelming compared to the competition.

>>14656424
A fully loaded Accord Touring is right under 41k, how much is the Fusion Sport supposed to cost?
>>
File: Really Honda..jpg (75KB, 976x614px) Image search: [Google]
Really Honda..jpg
75KB, 976x614px
>>14656508
>>
>>14656508
They do have a Cruz RS and a SoniC RS but they only have the standard motors.

There is no Cruz SS with the new 2.0 turbo similar to the old turbo Cobalt.

Pity too because the Cruz is a neat looking car.

The 1.4 turbo is a neat motor to play around with but not fast by any stretch at ~130hp.

With a tune they can make 200whp and ~250wtq though
>>
>>14656517
Accord is a luxury car.
>>
>>14656517
nice bait pic

You can an EX for 30k including the V6 engine and heated leather seats
>>
>>14656841
Also the accord still as a MT available and gets cool points for having a coupe version. The V6 engine produces almost the same amount of power without using a turbo

the fusion gets points for AWD though, You would have to spend 10k more and buy an acura to get AWD from honda
>>
>>14656801
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
keep your current car and treat yourself to your favorite type of pizza because you earned it buddy
>>
>>14656246
Once they get a complete facelift sure. Ugly as sin.
>>
>>14656555
I think it'd be great if Chevy started caring more about their small cars like Ford. A Cruze SS and especially a Sonic SS with a LNF would be stiff competition for the ST's.

>>14656801
No, Acura is Honda's Luxury division. That's just a Mid-Size sedan in top trim.

>>14656841
Yes, me going to Honda.com and screen capping the price of a Top trim Accord is baiting.
>comparing mid level trim to top level trim
Nice try bud.

>>14656876
The V6 engine is 30% larger than the Fords, and still makes at least 20hp less and what will probably end up being 100lb-ft less torque. Considering we've already seen the same 2.7L makes 325hp and 375tq in the F150, compared to the Accords 278hp and 251tq.
>>
>>14657239
Thanks Dad (:
>>
spicious
>>
>>14656021
I have a 2013 fusion ecoboost with the 2.0 turbo.
Quick little grocery getter desu, bit faster than you'd expect and the auto shift is lacking.
Ride feel is sporty but not too bad
it doesn't necessarily look "good" but I will say it is sleek as hell.
Cup holder positions make me want to die.
>>
>>14659494
So would you say it's worth it? I don't want like super fast but I want that fun standard sporty feel for around the town driving.
>>
>>14656021
>angry fwd-until-it-slips sedan
If you want a sports car, get a sports car. Not some shitty disposable midsize sedan that will never appreciate in value.
>>
>>14659499
I mean, have you considered just buying an automatic trans sports car? If you want that plus utility then yeah, there's a good chance you'll like it.
I myself would say look at a Focus Titanium, ecoboost engine, better driving feel, auto trans only, and looks better imo.
>>
>>14659506
>angry fwd-until-it-slips sedan
Fords AWD system sends power to the rear wheels every time from a start and whenever you get into the throttle more than 25%. But keep meming kid.
>>
>>14659530
That's 75% less than correct wheel drive.
>>
>>14659540
You didn't actually read the post you responded to, did you?
>claims of fake AWD
>spouted by rational thinkers
Pick one I guess...
>>
>>14656420
I'm dying for the Cruze hatchback but it's lacking so much for me to buy it

Wants:
>awd
>2.0T
>280hp min
>excessive amounts of torque
>better electrical
>>
>>14659616
>angry
>tiny windows
>stupid high hood for muh safety and high beltline for muh sportiness
It's shit.
>>
>>14659639
welcome to 2016 buddy, where nothing looks great and the cars are for keeping morons safe
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.