[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was on the Internet, and I found this: http://3dprint.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

So I was on the Internet, and I found this: http://3dprint.com/118388/3d-printed-v8-solenoid-engine/

And I thought to myself, "This is how we get /o/ to like electric cars."
>>
No.
>>
>>14655732
back to >>>/v/ with your riced gaymen rigs
>>
Instead of solenoids, I want rail guns, so jets of plasma and engine bits fly out the tailpipe.
>>
>>14655732
So it works like a giant tattoo machine?
>>
Why not just use a goddamn motor
>>
>>14655732
It's neat. But only good for a desk fan as seen in the video.
>>
>>14655789
Im trying to see an advantage over a DC motor, but really theres nothing but the fact that you can say "Its still a V8!"
>>
File: 1405546318317.png (382KB, 329x573px) Image search: [Google]
1405546318317.png
382KB, 329x573px
>>14655763
yep. each 'piston' is replaced by a solenoid connected to the crankshaft.
If anything it will have more mass moving around in the engine than a conventional piston engine, not mention the mechanical losses.
What I would like to see are solenoids being used to open and close valves, with possibly a much higher limit than standard springs.
If it ever comes to it at work where I'm bored but need to look busy I may work on a mockup of that.
>>
>>14655752
jesus christ i just spat pie all over my fucking tools.
>>
>>14655815
I think Koeningssesgisseg has that in the works. Could be pneumatic vales, though.
>>
>>14655821
...well if anyone would have beat me to it, it would have been them.
Still worth a go designing a head for a small bike engine to operate magnetically.
>>
that's pretty sweet anon thank u for sharing
>>
Honestly, I'm not too familiar with motors, but this seems like there's a lot of moving mass. I want to see it with throttle control, see how high he can make it rev
>>
>>14655752
If you want engine bits flying all over you could just buy a Mini
>>
>I forgot I had ventured into, thought I was still on diy.
>>14655872
this one, since it's 3d printed and in my opnion designed poorly, won't rev very high or be very responsive.
here's another solenoid engine that's better built with throttle control, rpm readout, and other relevant information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HND4x22jXM
it tops out at about 2k, and no measure of efficiency or output is given.
>>
>>14655872
>>14655903
The thing would be horribly impractical as a real engine. Something you'd only find in a WAT Racing mail order catalogue.
>>
> "So I was on the Internet, and I thought to myself..."
>>
>>14655994
pls
https://youtu.be/RMGa6uxSp5o?t=32
>>
>>14655815
I had the exact same idea in highschool but didn't have much of a clue on how responsive they would be at valve timing at higher rpms. But the Cargine Valve Koenigsegg uses is quite revolutionary.
>>
>>14656000
ooohhh baby a triple!
>>
>>14655929
Just daisy chain them together until you get enough working power
>>
>>14656210
>electric V82 thats so long the front tires get where you're going 15 minutes before you do
>>
>>14656224
And with such little range the rear wheels won't reach where the front wheels started, but fuck you and your range.
>>
Neat. Sorta like an OHV camshaft.
>>
>>14655732
Sweet sewing machine, holmes.
>>
>>14655815
I remember reading a bunch about solenoid valves a few years ago.

The advantages seem obvious and pretty huge: full control over valve timing (without complex mechanical vvt), get rid of the parasitic loss from the camshaft, it can be powered from recovered electricity for ever better fuel economy...

But assuming you can get it to work, there'd be the danger of a solenoid going off at the wrong time and the valve colliding with the head, since there's nothing mechanically restraining the timing. I.e. a software bug could destroy the engine.
>>
>>14656525
*colliding with the piston
>>
>>14656525
this is where we use non-interference engines.
>>
>>14655732
This is cool, but seems to just introduce mechanical inefficiencies normally in a ICE. Why not just stick a normal motor wire spool for direct power transmittal.
>>
>>14656657
This. I'm not scared of having my timing belt snap on me - only thing happening is that I'll get stranded. Based 'Yota.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.