[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a youtube show yet that's basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: mightycarmods.jpg (27KB, 513x218px) Image search: [Google]
mightycarmods.jpg
27KB, 513x218px
Why isn't there a youtube show yet that's basically MightyCarMods + Top Gear Challenges?

Imagine - 3 people have to buy different cheap-ass cars in different categories in each episode, modify them based on limited info about what the road trip/challenges will be, and then proceed to see whose car fares the best. The challenges will generally defeat the purpose of the cars.

Preferably set in USA

Ideas

Shitbox Challenge
>Buy a sub-compact shitbox and prepare it for a dirt rally

Minivan Challenge
>Buy a minivan and prep it for an autocross/track day/twisty roads trip

Truck Challenge
>Buy a truck and rice it out, then take it to ricer/car meetups and be ridiculed

Convertible Challenge
>Buy a convertible and prepare it for a week long camping trip

And so forth.

It would combine the build phase of MCM and the adventure/trips phase of Top Gear.

And I would watch the hell out of it.
>>
>>14654303
pretty sure that motor trend one is like that.

also, what your describing requires a lot of planing, multiple camera rigs, personal to film everything, etc.

top gear does one of these per season, and they have millions to spend.
>>
>>14654303
Because there aren't a lot of people that like cars, and of the few people who do like cars, only a few of them work on their own cars and would be interested in watching other people work on cars.
>>
>>14656076
/thread

Majority of people my age (20s) think cars are cool when a super car drives by, but could hardly name most cars on the road let alone ID whats in their engine bay.
>>
>>14654303
These dudes are faggots
>>
ROADKILL
O
A
D
K
I
L
L
>>
>>14656160
This. All you need to do is give them a bigger budget.
>>
>Budget builds
>Free work from shops
>Donated parts from sponsors
>They realistically spend tens of thousands of dollars

You will never get true budget builds unless it's not-famous people spending directly out of their own pocket.
>>
i haven't watched MCM in years

is it still really goofy?
>>
>>14654303
>Preferably set in USA
No thank you. Roadkill is great already.
>>
>>14656713
yeah, newest is a 3000$ Turbocharged car in which they will do various challenges in.

Moog bought a pretty decent Saab 900 turbo and Marty bought the most bogan/chav/ricer lancer(not evo) ever.
>>
File: 1345606456713.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1345606456713.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>>14654303
>them japan movies
>tfw you will never hang out with the 88's and build a shitbox driftcar
>>
>>14656742
that saab is bonkers, but judging by the 400k odo the engine will fly out of the bonnet pretty soon
>>
>>14656713
No. Just go watch anything they've made in the last month or two, it'll be obvious
>>
File: df.jpg (44KB, 799x499px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
44KB, 799x499px
M I N T
I
N
T
>>
>>14656709

This is why we need something good.

"Budget" builds on well-known channels always end up being amazingly not budget, or draw from sources the average person cannot tap into (turbo yodas, sponsors, etc) so they're shite.
>>
File: 1458142748394.gif (1MB, 540x325px) Image search: [Google]
1458142748394.gif
1MB, 540x325px
I wish some motor show did a stance challenge

>but a $1000 shitbox
>slap some ebay coilovers and slam the car down, mount in some stretched tires and negative camber
>test cars as DD's, do some racing, ask random people about the looks etc

this needs to happen lads
>>
>>14656862

I can see it now

>Person #1 buys a Saturn SC coupe
>Person #2 buys a Pontiac Sunfire
>Person #3 buys a Toyota Tercel

>Stance them all

would be glorious
>>
>>14656742
That Lancer Marty bought is one of the most retarded cars I've ever seen. Somehow worse than the donked out Starlet they had in N.Z
>>
>>14656874
>>14656862
Would watch
>>
>>14657963
Yeah that Saab that Moog got was pretty nice. Wish he didn't chop the bumper though
>>
>>14654303

>Shitbox Challenge
>Buy a sub-compact shitbox and prepare it for a dirt rally

This was actually going to be the first episode for an auto show I was thinking about doing.

500 dollar limit, no rules or regulations on vehicles.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.