[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone had any luck drifting a auto 350z? >Inb4 should have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Anyone had any luck drifting a auto 350z?

>Inb4 should have gotten a manual.

I can kind of do it, but it is feeble. There aren't too many resources on how to drift with auto, even though I've seen people do it well. There are even fewer resources on how to do it with a 350z
>>
>>14653786

>resources

Nigga the only way youre going to drift with an auto in that turd is with alot of practice

Pony the fuck up and go learn, theres no how to manual for that
>>
If it has the same transmission as auto g35s you can easily force it in the manumatic mode and force it down gears. hell you could probably do it in just drive, but you suck lol
>>
>>14653794
Any guidelines?
>>
>>14653806
Try using weight-transfer techniques.
>>
>>14653806

Gain some momentum, like 25-30mph

Scandi-flick and punch it

Practice in an empty lot or space to learn the characteristics, then fine tune as you see fit
>>
>>14653817
I should start the drift in second, right?
>>
>>14653831

Youre in a fucking auto who cares what gear its in, it will adjust based off tpms.

>if troll 10/10 for replies
>if not, lurk moar
>>
>>14653875
I mean, I have a sport shifter so I can keep it locked into one or the other. Only problem is I don't have a clutch to work with.
>>
>>14653875
The tire pressure monitoring system doesn't care about drifting.
>>
Go watch drifting tutorials

Wright transition, lift off oversteer etc etc

/thread

Sage goes in all fields
>>
File: 1448975300884.png (533KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1448975300884.png
533KB, 459x612px
>>14653898
You fucking made me lol
>>
Go to a track and get the basics down before you end up like every other wana be dk wrapped around a pole. Ive got nothing against street drift, only against idiots who ruin it for the rest of us.

Get proper suspension
Make sure your LSD works (and you're not spinning one)

Get a wheel alignment as so:
>Max neg camber in front
>Moderate neg camber in rear (less tire contact to surface, so much more slippery)
>Toe out on the front and a tiny bit of toe out on the rear
>Max caster (this is most important)

Handbrake to initiate the drift is easiest for beginners
Put 40+ psi in the rear if you still are struggling to get it sideways.

Also, should have gotten a manual.
>>
>>14654603
seconds thoughts, dont go to a track with an auto - people will just laugh at you.
>>
MOMENTUM DORIFTU.

(see last 3 mins of the following)
https://youtu.be/ytBosc8ztXs?t=349
>>
>inb4 news report out of shitty middle America state about 19 year old that wrapped his lame dads auto 350z around a concrete barrier
>>
>>14653898
>>14653903

TPS* sorry
>>
>>14655997
>inb4 totally wrong about 90% of this. I just bought this car as a daily driver, but after hanging out with some friends who are into motorsports, I just want to make the most of my car.
>>
>>14653786
Doesn't drifting in an auto fuck the transmission?

>mfw my coworker talks about drifting in his auto mazda 3
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.