[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the possibility of a new Mercedes pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (24KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 355x236px
What does /o/ think of the possibility of a new Mercedes pickup truck? Their newer commercial vehicles like the metris have been decent so far

http://www.motortrend.com/news/we-hear-mercedes-benz-x-class-pickup-will-debut-by-end-of-2016/
>>
I could actually see those being a big hit in Orange County, otherwise I really don't see who the market is.
>>
>>14653728
yoooooooo 909 senpai

i personally hope these kick off something of a ute craze in the states.
>>
File: 348538.jpg (40KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
348538.jpg
40KB, 800x533px
>>14653722

I can picture some fine black gentlemen putting pretty big rims on them
>>
>>14653760
Anyone I have ever seen driving a G-Wagen here in the San Fernando valley has either been a white chick or an Armenian dude.I can totally see someone lifting the Merc Truck with a Skyjacker kit and some KMC XD wheels though.
>>
>>14653722

it would definitely appeal to the sort of new money around here

>hey, just because i'm chief executive of the outsourcing department, doesnt mean i'm not a tough, capable man like my dad! (who spits when he sees me).... it comes in automatic, right?
>>
Is it going to be a truck, or a luxury thang. If a luxury thang, it will fail in the US and Canada.
>>
>>14653787
i disagree. modern trucks are pretty comparatively expensive, which can only mean good things for a priced out German Luxury Brand. if this truck costs as much as a loaded 3 series or c-class it'll still undercut some american makes.

make it nicer inside than a king ranch f150 or silverado high country, with equal pulling power and payload capacity, and mercedes will have a competitor in the $50k truck range.
>>
>>14653811
I think 50k is a bit optimistic for a starting price point but I agree. If done right Mercedes could have a winner on their hands.
>>
>>14653811
Won't happen. Even IF Mercedes built these, they would not market them in NA.
>>
>>14653845
where do you think they'll price it, then? too high, and you start looking at the G-wagen range. too low, and, it looks like mercedes stole the amarok from vw and decided to bring it stateside.
>>
>>14653859
Well the G-Wagen starts at 120k, and the Amarok at around 35, that gives us quite a bit of room.The King Ranch base retails for 50k, so I think at the absolute minimum the base I would set is 60 grand, where Ford's Platinum F150 starts. I could see a well equipped Merc Truck going for 85,000 easy.
>>
>>14653722
I really hope for their sake it doesn't end up looking like that concept.
>>
File: 1378837203357.jpg (28KB, 299x378px) Image search: [Google]
1378837203357.jpg
28KB, 299x378px
>luxury pickup trucks
>>
>>14653972
>luxury trucks are a dumb idea!
>the GMC brand exists and makes profit

it's ok to be wrong, as long as you know you're wrong
>>
It should be just a pickup version of the G-Wagen. Same styling and all.
>>
>>14653980
But GMC is not a luxury brand.
>>
>>14653972
Mercedes makes utilitarian commercial vehicles alongside their luxury lines. I really hope this is like a Metris or Sprinter instead of some Escalade pickup
>>
>this whole thread of baseless speculation
It's literally going to be one of these, with a Mercedes front end you dumbasses. Kind of like the Fiat/Mitsubishi L200.
>>
I would buy it and lift it and add a light bar
>>
>>14653994
Can't do that, the guy who styled the G-Wagen died before the first world war. Franz something I think
>>
AMG when
>>
The idea is great.
Mercedes Commercial Vehicle have been always rather nice with some exceptions.
i hope they tone down the deisgn a bit though.
it looks too similar in style the new G range for the commercial market.
also; this: >>14653733
anything that promotes utes is a good thing
>>
>>14653972
not all mercedes are luxury cars
>>
>>14654192
drunk fucking shitposting cuck
>>
>>14653722
I like it. I hope they end up selling it in the US. I could see it taking off especially well if they marketed it in two forms, a basic work vehicle and luxury trim version. Mercedes work vehicles like the Sprinter have been doing pretty well here.
>>
>>14653728
949 here

No thank you, we have enough crossovers and foreigner soccer moms here.
>>
>>14655067
>Nissan Hardbody/Frontier
>crossover
Tell us more :)
>>
>Believing the "Luxury Brand" meme
>>
>>14653722
I like that they named it X- to make BMW suv's look more pleb tier. Awesome move.
>>
>>14653811
>make it nicer inside than a king ranch f150 or silverado high country
That's not hard to do. Other than the soft seats, everything else in a King Ranch is worse than a C400 interior.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.