[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys turn your headlights on when it's raining? Only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: 1455578291433.png (1MB, 750x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1455578291433.png
1MB, 750x1009px
Do you guys turn your headlights on when it's raining? Only a retard would leave them off.
>>
>>14652394
>DRL don't exist
>running lights don't exist
Shut up
>>
>>14652410
Sorry if this thread went over your head bud. You'll get 'em next time champ.
>>
I drive a VW, so I don't have a choice. (DRL)

I want my gf to learn this practice because her car is silver. She still can't grasp why she needs to.
>>
>>14652394
If it darker out yes, if its midday then no

TL;DR: If its necessary

Thanks for the thread OP
>>
I always thought it was illegal not to have them on during rain.
>>
>>
File: i give up stanced miata.jpg (129KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
i give up stanced miata.jpg
129KB, 500x711px
>>
>>14652394
>Miatas

no harm done
>>
>>14652394
Where I live DRL are mandatory so all cars have some sort of light on all the time. Also my car has auto lights so it turns on around dusk.
>>
>>14652557
required in most states
>>
>>14652410

> Those are front lights only
> Why are people running into me .jpg
>>
>>14652410
>>14652451
>>14652610
All these DRL cucks.

You can remove the fuse you know.
>>
>>14652622
>DRLs
>bad
Literally only Americans think it's bad to tell an operating and moving vehicle from one that isn't at a glance
>>
If my car is on, the lights are on.

Always.

I fucking hate when people drive without their lights on. Makes them a PITA to see on the highway at distance too when trying to pass people, certainly if they're grey or it's even a bit dark.
>>
File: 1458003785621.jpg (169KB, 1013x805px) Image search: [Google]
1458003785621.jpg
169KB, 1013x805px
>>14652636
>the only way I can tell if something is moving is by checking the lights at the front

Do you do the same for cars in front of you?
>>
>>14652622
>get yer ass whooped by the local police department because hurr it's the law

I don't want that ticket anon
>>
>>14652620
Running lights are all around
>>
>"DRL cucks"
>live in the province of lifted trucks
>every lifted truck has their 50000000 lumens led light bar running
>>
>>14652655
Only if you're a filthy Milkbagistani.
>>
File: 1456103548723.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456103548723.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
yes sir I do, in Washington it defiantly helps.
>>
>>14652681
>milkbag maymay
Only Eastern bums get milkbags, anywhere else gets jugs and cartons. But maybe powdered up north.
>>
>>14652653
protip: cars that are stopped are not always off

drls let you better distinguish between parked cars and cars that are running, just stopped.
>>
>>14652686
>defiantly

don't make us Washingtonians look more stupid than we are, ok? that's some 2nd grade shit
>>
>>14652394
I'm pretty sure the law is if its raining enough to use your wipers, you need to have your headlights on.

inb4 rainx.
>>
ITT people who were never taught to drive properly.

>muh auto lights

Your lights should be on in any sort of rain, or in any situation that reduces viability. The amount of people driving around with no lights on when there is fog/rain/snowstorm is ridiculous. I flash my lights at these people and they still don't get it. Automation is making people stupid.
>>
I hope you guys also turn your lights on in parking garages
>>
I drive around with my lights on at all times, rain or shine, night or day.

Come at me fags.
>>
>>14652456
This is what I do. Daytime, if you can't see a car without it's headlights, you're an idiot. Dusk or severe conditions, yes, lights on.
>>
If it's not a clear and sunny day my lights are on. They objectively improve visibility and safety at basically no cost.
>>
>Have to manually operate headlights
>Turn them on whenever I'm driving, regardless of light or conditions

I don't even know why you wouldn't tbqh
>>
>>14654026
>>14653922

These.

Lights go on when the car starts, lights go off when the car stops. Just so much of a habit that it's automatic.

My work vehicle has auto lights and i just leave it in auto always.
>>
>>14652394
I'm required by the state to have lights on at all times, so no. To be honest it really helps and it makes rules plain and simple.
>>
>>14652636
>burn out bulbs faster
>enables idiots to drive at night with no tail lights
>>
File: 003a.jpg (719KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
003a.jpg
719KB, 1200x800px
>Daytime (no precip.):
I use the middle lighting mode on the stalk. Some call them running lights, I've also heard them called "parking lights." I think the running lights look fucking awesome on my car (pic related).
>Daytime (precipitation):
Pop up the headlamps and put it in the all-lights-on mode.
>Nighttime:
Pop up the headlamps and put it in the all-lights-on mode. Since I live in AbsolutelyFuckingNowhere, Alabama, I also use my high-beams pretty often at night because it's dark as fuck at night out here and this region of 'Bama is a huge forest and deer love running out from the trees and into the road.
>>
If my wipers are on for 10 seconds or so the headlights come on automatically. It is the law here anyway.
>>
>>14652394
I turn on my parking lights (middle click). It leaves the DRLs on, but also turns on taillights.
>>
>>14652394
>not having your lights on at all times
>>
>>14653669
Agreed. I see tons of people driving with running lights (or auto headlights or w/e) on but no illumination in the rear.

Anytime my truck is running my headlights are on, it's muscle memory at this point.
>>
>>14652667

Are we talking about the always on ones or the "I've turned these on" kind?

My cars always on lights are front only, the other cars I have don't have DRL.
>>
When its raining, snowing or just icy out I like to keep my high beams on so I can see better
>>
>>14652394
I turn the sidelights on whenever it's not bright and sunny. If it gets noticeably dark, I switch to full headlights.

My car has this awful property of being FUCKING INVISIBLE. Nobody notices it's existence. People pull out on me unless it's bright and sunny or I have lights on.
It's even worse if it's foggy, because then it's literally invisible, same colour as the fucking fog.
Why the fuck did I buy a car that was fog coloured? Who in their right mind specced a fog-coloured car from the factory?
>>
>>14654791
This, required by the law in Finland. It's retarded but I don't want to get pulled over.
>>
>>14652394
DRL are best if they look good. (ie. LED strips)

I know I drive an econobox but my '15 jetta has the lighting package and looks really nice with the DRL LED strips.
>>
I put mine on whenever I'm driving, rain or not
>>
>>14652410
>what are tail lights
>>
>>14653977
yes
>>
Yeah, even if its a overcast/dull day I'll put them on.

But I also drive a small grey coupe so if I don't some retarded bitch in her SUV will total me.
>>
>>14655252
Lol i hate this too. Auto drls have enabled the american public To drive at night with headlights and no taillights
>>
File: bumpergerdbruh.jpg (218KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bumpergerdbruh.jpg
218KB, 800x600px
>>14652394
Rain or shine, the guy down the street drives his sti with 70,000 jiggawatt bumper gaurd mounted hid foglights turned on because rally car
>>
>>14652394
Every time. I can't stand it when people don't. Definitely triggered.
>>
>>14655378
Your own fault for buying a grey boringmobile.
>>
I always have my lights on when I drive due to habit
People who drive dark colored cars in rain/fog/snow without headlights on are the scum of the earth
>>
My car has the LED daytime running lights around the headlight; those are always on. My headlights are set to "Auto" at the most sensitive setting, so they turn on automatically when it begins to get dark, or if I am in a tunnel or parking garage. The only time I manually turn headlights on or off is when it's raining or foggy but still too bright out for the auto setting turn them on.
>>
>>14652697
What's the difference between a running, stationary car and a stationary car that is not running?

Protip: trick question - all vehicles, stationary or not, are potential hazards to which a good driver will acknowledge and prepare for. DRLs are enabling retards to go BUT HIS DRLS WEREN'T ON HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN THERE WAS A DRIVER IN THE CAR ABOUT TO OPEN HIS DOOR AND GET OUT etc etc
>>
File: image.jpg (307KB, 1019x1181px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307KB, 1019x1181px
>>14652410
Not every car has DRL's

The headlight on the scoot is always on. Sometimes during the day it is worth turning on the high beams.

My car doesn't have DRL's. I'm pretty good about turning on my headlights when it rains. Even on a cloudy afternoon I will turn them on. The energy use is insignificant and I would rather have to replace bulbs more often than t-bone somebody who pulled out in front of me on a rainy day because they didn't see me.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.