[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NA here, I live in colorado and I've heard plenty of talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: liftedmiata.jpg (132KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
liftedmiata.jpg
132KB, 620x465px
NA here, I live in colorado and I've heard plenty of talk about the Mazda Miatas' ability to conquer in snow. Since im going to purchase one anyways would it be worth it to lift it a few inches and put beefier tired on it? Like a rally lift, nothing crazy.

Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>14651473
It would look sexy af

Do it
>>
Be careful with putting large tires on a car that comes with originally fairly small tires. It can dick with the speedometer a lot and the wheel speed sensor. I'd recommend only going 2 inches bigger at most. A rally lift will look good and unique. Just be careful with you center of gravity, the more you lift it, the more the car will lumber around corners and will ultimately ding your top speed and cornering capabilities. Good luck senpai!
>>
>>14651600
Thanks, dad. I appreciate the knowledge bomb.
>>
>>14651473 I gotchu senpai. Here to drop knowledge and kill opinions
>>
>>14651600
Is the miata body on frame? If so couldn't he in theory do a body lift to not fuck up his cog? I know body lifts are gay and all but in this scenario would that be a better idea? He's not rallying it or anything anyway
>>
>>14651815
His BEST option is to buy a car with 4WD that actually weighs enough to stay on the road once the ice gets wet.
>>
>>14651815
Yeah last time I checked I think are 90's miata's are bodies on frames. The thing is that miata's aren't designed to withold the stress of large tires and a large lift. I think if he does a moderate lift he should be okay, but tires that are too big will fuck with yer power steering, wheel bearings etc. Maybe not immediately, but over time they will be subject to excessive wear. So I still recommend a 2" stretch of the actual tire thickness, with a decent sidewall increase.
>>
>>14651845
hence why I drive this here beast ;) weighs as much as a damn boat though.
tfw snow is my bitch
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2048x1786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2048x1786px
I think if you just had stock ride height, LSD and good snow tires you'd be nearly unstoppable.
>>
>>14651622
I miss my dad..

shit like this man
>>
>>14652031
Sorry, bro. If you miss him, that means he did something right. Living and dying are what separates us from the rest of the cosmic dust.
>>
File: 1990-mazda-miata-.jpg (259KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1990-mazda-miata-.jpg
259KB, 1024x683px
My mother purchased for $4k a 1990 Miata with a 5spd in Red. It was a Christmas present to him. She had remembered him talking about how good the car drove and such. He normally still drives a 2000 F250 v8d lol land barge. No mods accept airbags for when the camper is on and a canopy when it isn't. I dug it man. I learned to drive stick on that car. smooth as butta. What a great car the miata is man. Super kuddos to Mazda for their latest work on it. Its kida a fuck you to the trend and a nod to the ol.

pic pretty much related
>>
>>14651473
Why are miatas so good in the snow?
>>
>>14652085
>to my dad

this fuckin weed man..
>>
>>14652085
and yes. do it OP pic related is useful and awesome looking.
>>
OP here, for the issue of weight, i could also pop some cat litter in the back. Both to increase the weight and in the like .00009% chance i end up getting stuck, i have Tactical Litter
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.