[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has ever modded a catalytic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has ever modded a catalytic converter. Would like to run a rod through mine and gut it so its hollow. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice. I'm mainly wondering if id have to tamper with the sensor as well. Any advice?
>>
>>14651469
Why the fuck would you want to do this?
>>
>>14651548
Because if your engine burns oil your cats get clogged
>>
The gain will be extremely minimal at best and you'll just be a faggot.
>>
>>14651559
So you want to get more power..... out of an engine that burns oil......
Ok!
>>
>>14651469
Just take it apart and inhale those platinum particles.
>>
>>14651571
This car will be a Mexican special on CL for sure.
>>
What?

Why can't you just get an X-pipe like everyone else
>>
>>14651559
So get a reman engine, poorfag.
>>
>>14651469
Yes you can gut it, try to get everything out or you'll rattle.

Sensors: If you have 2 (1 before and 1 after the cat)then you may need to find a dummy sensor for the one after, otherwise you'll end up with a cel at least.

If only 1 then just go for it, or cut it out and weld in a straight pipe.
>>
>>14651571
No, I want my car to run and not burn up its manifold.
>>
DO NOT tamper with sensors on newer cars. Especially oxygen sensors near or on the cat. Dick with those and you're going to be chasing lean/rich problems consistently. They need to be HOT to function properly and if you remove the cat or gut it, you're going to be getting bad readings and as a result your air/fuel mixture is going to suffer. Get yourself a high-flow magnaflow or thunderbolt cat, they help keep yer shit clean and they have virtually no effect on performance. Some will actually boost your torque ratings by around 3 ft/lbs. Not really sure why though.
>>
Frosty, is that you?
>>
>>14651655
Your dumb.

The o2 sensors on the manifolds control the AFR. The o2 sensors on the cat are for emissions.
>>
>>14651760
Not that guy, but I heard that newer cars will enter a "limp" mode if the emissions are off. I could see that being an issue.
>>
>>14651782
So you put a dummy o2 sensor in like an anon before said.

Or install a megasquirt if you're man enough
>>
>>14651655
Yeah, so dumb.
How do you think those emissions are controlled? Magic? Most O2 sensors will relay information back to the ECM as to how rich/lean the exhaust mixture is. If he removes his cat he's going to get bad readings. Regardless of the other sensor positions. Theoretically a dummy sensor would work, but it's honestly not worth it, just get a high flow cat. Thunderbolt sells universal cats the cost around 50$. They look like shit but they do their job, and require an afternoon of welding.
>>
>>14651933
>>14651655
Why are you responding to yourself?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.