[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is high revving a reason for a traffic stop? >on my way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (103KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 500x332px
Is high revving a reason for a traffic stop?

>on my way to work
>turning from gas station to main road
>leave in first gear since it's less than 100 feet away
>running catless
>see cop at light in oncoming lanes
>suddenly turns into turn lane heading after me
>assume he is pulling me over
>hastily find parking spot between parked cars
>cop drives past slowly

Was he coming after me, or was this just coincidence?
>>
>>14650890
Being a faggot in front of a cop is always a bad idea, even if you dindu nuffings.
>>
>>14650890
Pretty sure you can be pulled over for revving in a neighborhood past certain hours. But if you're doing that then you're a faggot and deserve it. But you didn't say you were revving, you said you were running catless.
>>
>>14650890
the ticket is called display of power

atleast in Arizona
>>
Probably just a coincidence.

I have seen a cop stop a bike for revving for no reason.
>>
It is because it's making a lot of noise and disturbing other people.
>>
>>14650904
Yeah I guess I was too lazy to shit.

>>14650905
Ah that makes sense. something similar probably exists in Marylald.
>>
>>14650988
Oh yeah... did not think about that at all.
>>
>>14650905
Same in California, high revving and chirping the tires (even accidentally) gets you a fine

Granted, you can probably talk your way out of it depending on the cop
>>
>>14650988
That's not illegal though unless it's excessive noise above a certain decibel and unless you're running a straight pipe V10~12 you're not going to get that loud.
>>
>>14651020
have you heard a civic with only headers?
>>
>>14651017
A fine?

You lucky cunts, here in victoria, australia we lose our cars for 28 days if we chirp the tyres (even accidentally).

I wish i was joking, but google the victorian hoon laws.

They're fucking insane right? Now factor in that it's guilty until proven innocent and you lose your car before you go to court....and a cop's word is worth more than yours...and that if you take it to court they can double the impound time.

And now you know why every cop here takes a bribe, because they can and they know you'll be thankful they just offer the bribe
>>
>>14651058
You seen this pig from your country BRAGGING about the bribes he takes?

>>14647045
>>14647053
>>
>>14650890
Pretty sure in my state you're technically not allowed to alter exhaust.
>>
>>14651020
Uhhh you do not need a V10+ to be excessively loud. A straight i4 can scream.
>>
>>14650890
no, but cops are dicks and can pull you over for anything then just find a reason.
He probably thought you were about to dump the clutch.
Don't know why else he would turn on his lights for a real emergency call and then drive slowly to it.
>>
>>14651045
second this, miata 1.8l with open headers is ear shattering.
>>
>>14651331
All cars without mufflers are ear shattering.

I heard a 1.6 chevy engine that didn't even make 100 hp almost make me deaf, making more sound than an Golf GTI 2.0 engine without muffler.

People should not mix up "loud" with "powerful".
>>
>>14651058
good thing i dont live in the worst state in australia then
>>
>>14651105
but an i4 is for fags
>>
>>14651017
>chirping the tires (even accidentally) gets you a fine
welded diff 4 lyfe
>>
>>14650890
yes
>disturbing the peace
>>
>>14651569
>"""""peace"""""
>>
>>14651569
>occasional loud noises make me angry and want to break things and hurt people
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.