[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are all the vehicles that came with the VW 1.9L TDI engine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: bild14456.jpg (192KB, 600x319px) Image search: [Google]
bild14456.jpg
192KB, 600x319px
What are all the vehicles that came with the VW 1.9L TDI engine?
Would any of these cars make for a good budget rally car platform?
I want the TDI for my jeep wrangler.
What should I do with my left over amc 4.0L I6 engine?
What would be a good engine to go into the VW?
Is this a shitty plan?
>>
>>14613976
>Is this a shitty plan?
>VW
Yes.
>>
>>14614035
elaborate
>>
a mk4 jetta would work great and the 1.9 TDI is fucking bullet proof
>>
>>14614209
and efficient as hell. You can get 30-35mpg in a goddamn wrangler with a tdi in it.
>>
>>14614086
like most meme kiddos, he can't
>>
>>14613976
The car you want it the Ibiza Cupra TDi, it came with the uprated 160hp 1.9Tdi CR engine and the platform has a proven rally record.
>>
Okay, lets go through a quick punch list

* Will motor mounts be in roughly the same place?

* Will oil pan/sump clear the stuff under it?

* What kind of adapter to the transmission?

* Are you retaining the Jeep accessories or going with VW?

* How about the engine control module looking for other control modules and not finding them?
>>
File: fedora dog.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
fedora dog.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>14613976
>jeep rally car
>>
>>14613976
Those xj Cherokees came out with a 2.5 turbo diesel from factory (VM motari I think) why not get one of those?
>>
>>14615689
kek
>>
>>14613976

To many to even list.

Diesel and performance? lel

Diesel on a rally car? lel

Yes, it is a shitty plan.

Guess what I do for a living? I'm a diesel tech specialized in VW engines.

>>14616516

There are no 1.9 common rail engines you retarded fuck.
>>
>>14619256
>VM motari

Was it that hard to use google and check? For fuck sake. Lazy fucks.
>>
>>14619552
If you are actually a vw diesel mechanic, could you talk to me about the evry/avry mod? Is this shit going to blow my golf up at 1k?
>>
>>14619764

I wouldn't do it nor I would anyone other than someone that knows exactly what hes doing and has proper tools to do it. However someone at that level would never resort to such ghetto style mods.

In a short version you're cheating the diesel pump into believing it's not injecting enough fuel and therefore making it inject more than needed. That in turn gives you some more horsepower but it also gives you a lot more fuel spent, incorrect A/F ratios, exhaust temps will be all over the place, injectors will be working above treshold.

If done right, things could be tolerable, however with that mod, due to it's cheap nature, it's impossible to guarantee what kind of output you'll be having. You'll be working just with ballpark figures.

It's the kind of thing backwoods retards do.

And yes, I've seen cars with it, I've fixed cars with it, did it cause the damage? Hard to tell cause the idjits that came in with them would probably fuck up any engine they lay their hands on.
>>
>>14616516
forgot to mention, must be attainable in the US, that car isn't really.
>>14618631
TDI > Jeep TJ conversions have already been done, so i'm not worried about compatibility.
>>14618643
can you read?
>>14619256
because i have a wrangler why would i ever want an xj
>>14619552
i said im taking the diesel out of the rally car to put in the jeep, and am going to put another engine in the vw, which will be the rally car, not the jeep. read pls, i tried to make it easy
>>
>>14619834
thanks mate. proper ecu and injectors it is
>>
>>14619948

Leave the car as it is.

You want more power, sell that shit and buy some other that has been properly designed for more power.

When you open the remapping doors, they never close back. You'll be dumping money on updates and parts that will easily surpass the car's value. And you'll be upping the % chance of failures.

But, it's your money, do with it as it pleases you. Its mostly people like yourself that keep my business open. Yet, here, anonimously, I'd say to you to keep quiet.
>>
I don't know a single shit about the 1.9 tdi but i'm quite amazed at how many retards here can't read for shit.
Good luck op.
>>
>>14620270
thanks
>>
File: trans.jpg (111KB, 539x599px) Image search: [Google]
trans.jpg
111KB, 539x599px
>>14613976

>What should I do with my left over amc 4.0L I6 engine?

Stroke it out, then put it back where it was. Golen can do it for a few thousand.

I'm currently replacing my 1995 Wrangler YJ's AMC I4 with a 5.7L Vortec and Chevy SM465 4spd / NP205 tcase out of a K30. Carbureted, with an MSD 6A for ignition control and rev limiting. The goal is a bomb-proof trail rider that's tuneable with a screwdriver and can drag a house. If you need more power, stroke out your 4.0L and put a turbo on it - they're great engines. All the new parts for a conversion will nickle and dime you to death because you aren't starting on a native VW (or in my case Chevy) platform. Nevermind the potentially large purchases of new axles and (definitely) new front and rear driveshafts.

Why TDI, though? Maybe if you were putting it into another VW with the same or similar harness, but into a Jeep? I don't get it.

>Would any of these cars make for a good budget rally car platform?
>Is this a shitty plan?

Yes. A Jeep is never going to be a rally or autocross car. Its center of gravity is too high, it's too heavy, and it'd be cheaper and easier to start with a more common platform. If you really want to race it, work on building a custom suspension first.
>>
>>14620456
still with the not reading.
The jeep is not a rally car, obviously. Its my daily, and I want a 35mpg diesel in it. that's it.
I also want as a separate project to build a rally car, and I figured why not use the vw vehicle that i pulled the engine from.
This is 5th grade writing level guys, shit fuck.
>>
>>14613976
Don't buy a donor car and ruin it. Get a reman engine and accesories
>>
>>14619552
>There are no 1.9 common rail engines you retarded fuck.

What the fucking are you talking about? Did you suffer a stroke and get brain damage? All the 160PS 1.9s were CR, I it was the test bed for the 2L.
>>
>>14619883
>>>14616516 #
>forgot to mention, must be attainable in the US, that car isn't really

Then you will be using a PD, look for a 150Ps Golf, you will need a custom map to disable the immobiliser as it is on the CAN network. Pre PD engines can be lifted from a car and run with just the ignition barrel transponder but expect less power and MPGs than the later PD or CR engines.
>>
>>14620965

There were not any 1.9tdi CR.

All the latest 1.9 are PD.

Only the 2.0 had PD and CR engines.
>>
>>14620965
>>14623320

> 1.9 R4 TDI PD 43-118kW
> 118 kilowatts (160 PS; 158 bhp) @ 3,750 rpm; 330 newton metres (243 lbf·ft) @ 1,900 rpm — BPX, BUK
SEAT Ibiza Mk3 (BPX: 03/04->, BUK: 11/05-12/08) (engine exclusively developed by Audi for SEAT Sport)

You dumbfuck. I work on these tractor engines for a living. 1.9 common rail.

you dumfucking fuck.
>>
>>14613976
I have once seen a mk4 tdi Golf being used in rallying in Finland. I don't know about the newer ones, but at least those are pretty solid and inexpensive platforms for rally cars. Depending on rules, there are also easily achievable power increases.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.