[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are performance luxuries (M3, M5,CTS-V etc) worth the money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Are performance luxuries (M3, M5,CTS-V etc) worth the money?
I have $35K saved up. I could buy an STI outright, or put that as a down payment on a $90K CTS-V.

I make $70K/year and I don't know if spending $90K on car would be a good idea...but It's such a beautiful car, and I'm really contemplating getting it over the STI.

Talk me out of it /o/
>>
please spend your money one whatever the hell your talking about

leave all the good business opportunities for me >:)
>>
Finance it, don't put it all downright
>>
>>14613062
Yes they are worth it but at least double that 35k before even thinking of financing one.
>>
I say get the CST-V, you'll get a lot of easy pussy
>>
I would argue that no new car is worth the money since a slightly used car can be had for much less in like new condition.
>>
>>14613062
If you do, lease it. Trust me man you will be so upside down on that car. Personally I'd just buy the Sti
>>
>>14613122
I'd agree for cars like the civic, but In most cases I wouldn't trust a used STI. A Subaru enthusiat would buy it for life. most used STIs would be beat to shit by boy racers who can't afford the gas prices or the maintenance anymore

>>14613098
>good business opportunities
would you mind sharing a few? :^)
>>
>>14613150
>would you mind sharing a few? :^)
Have you ever thought about a drive through butcher service?
>>
With 35 grand you could get into a slightly used anything you mentioned.
>>
>>14613062
Buy a fun "street" car you can easily afford. STI, FoRS, etc. Get a badass car when you know you can afford it.
>>
>>14613150
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
>>
>I have $35K saved up. I could buy an STI outright, or put that as a down payment on a $90K CTS-V.

Buy a second gen cts-v ya dink
>>
>>14613062
I'm in a similar situation. Think i'm going to do something in the middle, $45k on a 2015 Cayman.
>>
File: 345973453789.jpg (229KB, 1280x636px) Image search: [Google]
345973453789.jpg
229KB, 1280x636px
>>14613062
>>14613271

If you get a Gen II would you consider a Wagon?
>>
OP are you fucking stupid? If I fell for the b8, I deserve it, but this doesn't feel like it.

Most people are hesitant to buy cars that are like 50% of their salary and here you are trying buy a car that's 170% of your salary.

Have you ever noticed the people who drive new M5s and E63s are physicians, lawyers, and c-level executives? I'm guessing you probably haven't since you're so fucking blinded by delusion. I can't believe some company actually pays you money to work for them because you're dumb as shit.
>>
>>14613332
lol sorry, my math is off...*130% of your salary.
>>
>>14613150
Buy 35K worth of ETH, then get a Huracan once it skyrockets
>>
>>14613342
CMG. get it while it's hot
>>
Buying a new Cadillac is stupid. If you want a performance sedan from GM, get the Chevy SS and save 45k
>>
>>14613122
That doesn't always work when financing a 2 year old car because the interest is nearly double and erases the money you save from depreciation.
>>
If you are going full retard on buying performance luxury, at least buy a good one and get a Mercedes-AMG C63. American garbage is not worth it.
>>
File: Hennessey-Cadillac-CTS-V-8.jpg (273KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Hennessey-Cadillac-CTS-V-8.jpg
273KB, 1600x1066px
>>14613315

As far as I'm aware, wagons let alone manual wagons are rare.

But yes, a manual wagon would be ideal.

Frankly I love all styles though
>>
>>14613062
just buy a snek
>>
>>14613062
What about the ATS-V ?
>>
Buy a Chevy SS. Its a poor mans M5/CTSV/E63
>>
Buy a 2nd gen CTS-V
Most are sitting at 45K used.
LSA 6.2L is far more reliable and can easily make 650Hp with a 2.55 pully
>>
>>14613425
I don't know about that nigga.
My mother got a 2014 camary and her interest is lower than a 2016 model.
Not to mention she got em to go 6K below MSRP.
>>
>>14613062

>Are performance luxuries worth the money?

>M3: YES
>M5: YES
>CTS-V: HELL NO!

If you're gonna spend money for something like that do not get an amerishit car. You are going to regret it for as long as you have it.
>>
Lol you'd buy a car worth more than your yearly salary? Kek you probably complain about a wealth gap too you fucking idiot. You're better off buying a 15k car with that salary
>>
Pros of owning an american "luxury" car:

>it's probably fast. At least in a straight line and until it overheats
>it's cheap
>parts are readily available

Cons of owning an american "luxury" car:

>it overheats
>abysmal build quality
>people will give you that "He couldn't afford a fast BMW or Mercedes" look
>actual owners of fast BMW or Mercs won't even acknowledge you as a "threat"
>people will congratulate you on your apparently successful plumbing business
>they will ask for advice on used cars
>girls will longingly look at the Merc or BMW next to you at a set of lights
>you paid a lot of money and thus saved a beaners job somewhere in Mexico
>said beaner is gonna be dissatisfied with his job and life and illegaly enter the US of A
>he will use drug money to rice out his Honda Civic
>it will be faster than your Caddiwreck ATM-STD
>your car will look right at home at the Walmart parking lot
>it will look out of place at all "classy" locations
>rednecks will congratulate on "BUYIN MURRKAN!" at the gas station
>>
>>14613332
Fucking this x100

If I were paying someone 70k a year to do a job for me if want to know they were this stupid so I could fire them.
>>
>>14613332
The vast majority of car advice, including from people like you, is total bullshit. The amount a person can spend on a vehicle is entirely based on what they can afford, given their current take home pay, debts, and priorites. If they split rent and only pay $300 for that, and they rarely go out and spend money on other shit, then they can easily afford a car that is 50%-100% of their annual salary. People will just think you're car poor, but who gives a shit? The reality is that most people making the average median salary in the US can afford a very sporty $40-50k car with ease, provided they don't get a mortgage at 25 and they don't have 4 kids by 30.
>>
>>14613062

OP, I also make $70k. My limit on car price is $50k. But that's because I have student loan debt. If you are comfortable with the payments, and you know you won't lose your job, then do it. Your take home is about $4k. Any payment higher than $1000 is going to feel very tight.
>>
>>14613062
LOL holy shit dude, kek'd hard, I make 84k/yr and paid 38k for my car, and that was still a good ~7k more than I really wanted to pay for it. It's your money but I'd never buy a car that cost more than 50% of my yearly salary
>single
>25
>no mortgage
only reasons I'd even go that high on the percentage
>>
>>14614120
>single

How about finding a girlfriend and/or wife that also makes $84k? Easy living right there.
>>
>>14614049
Woah dude...

This is the most supreme gentleman post I've read yet. Maybe go talk to someone?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.