[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about sequential manual shifters in cars? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: sqm.jpg (15KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
sqm.jpg
15KB, 470x320px
How do you feel about sequential manual shifters in cars?

They're pretty standard on bikes, ATVs, and a few side-by-sides, but you don't see them in production cars much.

I think it seems like an interesting concept.
>>
>>14611008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO-ScsLXPoE

Here's a video demonstration for those of you who don't know how SQMs work or just want to see one in action.
>>
absolute god-tier

inb4 asshurt DCTkiddies
>>
File: mti_sixshooter.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mti_sixshooter.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>14611008
MTI makes a drop in conversion kit for C5s and C6s for only 200-300 bucks I think.
>>
>>14611008
>I think it seems like an interesting concept.
you make it sound like it hasn't been around for 20 years+ now
>>
>>14611042
Wouldn't those also fit a VIper, given the similar gearbox?
I wonder how much they'd knock off an ACR's laptime...
>>
>>14611042
I saw that video. I'd like to try one out. Seems like a lot of fun.

>>14611047
It has been around for a while, it just hasn't been implemented on any production cars to my knowledge. I wish they'd do it.

>tfw no turbocharged AWD wagon with SQM
>>
What are the downsides compared to a regular manual? There must be some or else they'd be in everything.
>>
>>14611084
More expensive, basically, and normies don't know how to operate them.
>>
>>14611084
They cost more to produce.

Other than that they are literally better than regular manual transmissions and DCTs in every way.
>>
>>14611064
>I wonder how much they'd knock off an ACR's laptime...
0 seconds
>>
>>14611064
the c5 and c6 have rear mounted transmissions
>>
>>14611106
Why?
>>
>heartbreaker

remember not to reply to this cuck
>>
>>14611084
You cant select or skip gears. Only an issue for day to day driving
>>
>>14611116
Why would a different shifter improve the lap time, do you think Randy Pobst is searching around aimlessly for 3rd?

There seems to be a misunderstanding ITT as to what a sequential shifter is and what a sequential gearbox is.
>>
>>14611095
>and normies don't know how to operate them.
they're actual easier since on good ones you dont need a clutch beyond moving from a stop.
>>
>>14611139
>why would a faster gearshift improve acceleration

what a dumb faggot
>>
>>14611084

Can't fine tune the clutch and gas when you're stuck in snow.
>>
>>14611156
Yeah would definitely help all those 2-3-4-5-6 in 2 second upshift scenarios, once again someone on /o/ who has never driven a sequential car and doesn't know the difference between a sequential shifter and sequential gearbox has it all figured out while the OEMs continue to be clueless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXP3Eij2GGA
>>
>>14611084
To make one that would reliably downshift being operated by a normal person would be insanely expensive. A bare bones sequential gearbox intended to be operated by a professional starts at $3,500 while a passenger manual transmission is around $1,100
>>
>>14611234
I have driven cars with sequential shifters and sequential transmissions, my motorbike has one

you are retarded if you think they don't shift faster

yet again, you are heartbreaker, so you are retarded anyway
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.