[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of bedliner paint jobs? tl;dr I have two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: 1989-honda-accord.jpg (3MB, 3146x2063px) Image search: [Google]
1989-honda-accord.jpg
3MB, 3146x2063px
What does /o/ think of bedliner paint jobs?

tl;dr I have two identical cars. One with nice paint and looks good, but has a bent to fuck frame in the front, the other has a perfect body but the worst paint you can imagine.

Considering swapping out all the good bits from the first car into the piece of shit looking car and spraying it with bedliner.
>>
File: 0628jeep.jpg (406KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
0628jeep.jpg
406KB, 1600x1195px
>>14608833
>>
File: bx4sw80.jpg (549KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
bx4sw80.jpg
549KB, 1632x916px
>>14608837
>>
File: 18iwmpj0aimgxjpg.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18iwmpj0aimgxjpg.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>14608843
>>
File: 011 (3).jpg (111KB, 720x709px) Image search: [Google]
011 (3).jpg
111KB, 720x709px
its cool, but prepare to scrub the shit out of it everytime it gets dirty
>>
>>14608851
bedliner then a few clearcoats
>>
>>14608860
clearcoat isnt going to fill in all the nooks and crevices of the bedliner, the texture is a pain in the ass to clean
>>
>>14608868
surely with a good few coats and a bit of wet sanding it'll fill it in a bit
then it'll be a piece of piss to clean
>>
>>14608833
Why does that Accord have an AW11 MR2 badge on the hood?

Why the fuck.
>>
I've been curious about cleaning it if I do this. The main reason I'm thinking about it is cost, easy to touch up and not being anal about it looking shiny and perfect.

I could finally go back to how I drove before getting this nicer looking one: Not giving a fuck and hooning around dirt roads.

It might end up looking like a special snowflake, but I wouldn't feel bad about thrashing it.

I just want it to look consistent. Right now it's got rusted to fuck front quarter panels (That I have replacements for), but the clearcoat is peeling everywhere. It looks like absolute shit, along with the last owners rattlecan black paint job on the top that is peeling and flaking off.
>>
>>14608939
Do it, and buy the cheapest waterblaster you can find for cleaning it.
>>
>>
>>14608833
Back when I was in high school and spray in bedliners were becoming popular we used to joke about doing this but I would have never seriously considered it. What is wrong with kids these days? Plastidip, vinyl wrap, and now bedliner? Why can't you just use normal paint?
>>
>>14608833
>>14609081
What's the story on the mr2 eagle huh m8?
Heresy!
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
I really like the idea of this. I wouldn't do it to a nice or new vehicle. But my 94 ranger that's beat up might look good in a army tan bed liner.
><><I know this is a toyo but you get the idea
>>
Tractor paint is another option you should look into. Great durability with no grit to catch dirt. Lots of guys roll it on beaters and trail rigs. You can paint your whole car for 100 bucks or so and its tough as nails.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
I'm in Montana and a lot of people do a half spray on their trucks to protect them in the winter from all the salt and chems they put on the roads in the winter. And it doubles as a rock guard and brush guard. But most of them look kinda ugly. I think the right kind of vehicle can pull it off
>>
>>14608833
Is we be gonna get dat story on that mr2 badge or what
>>
>>14608833
Why the fuck is there an MR2 badge on the front of your car. I hate it when anyone touches other peoples cars in a harmful way but if I saw this I would be so triggered that I'd rip it off.
>>
>>14608860
>>14608902
>surely with a good few coats

Clear coat can't even fill small rock chips in paint. The amount of clear you would need to make bedliner flat... not even worth it.

>>14608939
If the owners last rattlecan paint job is flaking off what makes you think your bedliner job won't flake off in time?
>>
File: bedlinerskirt.png (792KB, 1265x822px) Image search: [Google]
bedlinerskirt.png
792KB, 1265x822px
hey OP don't forget your bedliner 350z pencil skirt!
>>
>>14608837
tier
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.