[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck me. Two months ago my parents let me know that they wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Fuck me.

Two months ago my parents let me know that they wanted to get me a car for college so that I could stop using public transport to get to my job as long as I payed for the insurance. Obviously I was pretty stoked about this, and we went to a used dealership a few days later. Didn't see anything good so I did some research on Craigslist and found a silver Mk.5 VW GTI with 60k miles and a really clean engine bay for around 8k. Our budget was 10k (I was throwing in $1,000) so I sent them the link and they drove out to go look at it, but they come back with an autotragic 4-speed 2005 Jeep Liberty. Alright.

My mom thought the Golf was too small and unsafe, but they saw it on the way home at another dealership and picked it up for me because they said it looked like the "Golf but bigger". I hugged them and was grateful, but now I'm in a fucked situation.

Fast forward two months: the Liberty has intermittent death wobbles, the transmission takes two centuries to shift and lugs the engine up hills to the point of grinding, it gets 12 fucking MPG, the alternator is failing, and the wiring harness is fucked so all of my lights will randomly stop working.

I can maybe afford to replace the alternator, but I don't have the tools, space, or money to fix the other shit and the local shops are quoting me 4-7k to fix everything. On top of that, it fucking chews through gas so it's eating my wallet. My parents refuse to pay for repairs because "it was fine when they test-drove it so I must of mistreated it."

I'm afraid this thing is going to have its CV joints explode on the highway or that it'll die on me once the alternator fucks off because its wobbling is violent as hell and the lights flicker constantly. I already checked the battery and the terminals: they're fine.

Do I pawn this thing off for scrap money and buy some beater? Pretty sure my parents would be pissed that I sold their gift but I can't afford to fix this damned thing.

Help me /o/bi-won.
>>
>>14607319
Oh, and the best part? It had 90k miles on it and they payed 9k for this thing.

It's such a hunk of shit and it's falling apart but I need to purchase a cheap but-reliable hunk of shit that will at least last me through college or be cheap to maintain.
>>
>>14607319
>not going with them to make sure they don't fuck up
You dun goofed
>>
>>14607319
OP, I don't have any advice other than
>dude, that sucks
>>
>>14607319
Yeah dude, your parents over payed and got you a shit heap.

Of course you'll never be able to explain that to them because they're you're parents.

Sell the thing to some unsuspecting knee grow and buy something else.
>>
Why didnt you pick a Camry in the first place instead of the shit GTI? You complain about the Liberty being unreliable even though the GTI would have been the same

I dont understand your kind
>>
>>14607332
This, also sorry OP.

>they said it looked like the "Golf but bigger"
>"it was fine when they test-drove it so I must of mistreated it."
>It had 90k miles on it and they payed 9k for this thing.

Your parents sound retarded.
>>
>>14607332
Should've insisted that I went with them, but then again, I didn't expect them to NOT get the cheap little GTI I linked them. At worst they would've come back without the car, but to surprise me with a dealership-lot automatic Jeep that had nothing in common with what I sent them to look at? Caught me a bit off-guard.

>>14607340
Yup. Guess I'm not cut out to be a hardcore Jeeperfag. Death wobbles and failing electrical systems scare me.
>>
>>14607364
You should note, you had a 10 day buyers right to cancel.

Shouldce told them to fuck off and take it back.
>>
start using public transportation again and say it's because you can't afford to fix that piece of shit
>>
>>14607319
I drove a liberty for 6 years. Never had a single problem, previous owner must of bagged it. I'm sorry that you got screwed over.
>>
Forget about your parents and sell the damned thing. It shouldn't be your responsibility to deal with a dying hunk of shit just because they bought it for you.
>>
>>14607422
He can't just sell it if the title is in their name.
>>
>>14607319

Explain to your partents?
>>
>>14607319
Sell it for $1000 then save up 500 more and buy a civic/corolla/camry/geo
>>
Libertys are real top heavy. They roll over real easy. Be careful not to corner to fast op you may roll it over and total your ride.
>>
File: 1455219957852.png (569KB, 450x533px) Image search: [Google]
1455219957852.png
569KB, 450x533px
>>14607417
Yeah I figured it was just the previous owner. Everyone at my old highschool drove Jeeps and wore Jeep hoodies and shit so I figured that the brand couldn't have been that shit.

>>14607379
This is my most likely course of action atm.

>>14607422
Yeah, but the title is in their name like >>14607428 said

>>14607468
Thanks for the advice bub. I read the warning sticker on the sun visor.

>>14607373
Sadly I didn't know it had issues at the time and I didn't want to be an ungrateful shit by responding to their gift with "FUCK YOU THIS DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A TURBO REEEEEEEEEE"

>>14607445
I have $1500 in my savings from work (I stash away like $20 per month) so I'll save up another $500 and buy an old corolla or something in a few months. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Those Liberty's are piles of shit. Just wait until the motor starts eating itself. Since it's got 90k, give it another 10-15k before that 3.7 sarts eatng intake valves.
>>
>>14607499
You can probably buy a decent running Corolla or a Geo Prizm (rebadged Corolla) with what you have but you'll need money for insurance and shit so yeah wait another month or two.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 800x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 800x780px
>>14607499

>mom doesn't even WAT Racing Development

Mom!!!! Dad!!! It doesn't even have a fuggging tarbooo REEEEEEEEEE

In all honesty just ask them to sell it, don't be autistic about it, if they say no let it rust in the driveway, or get totalled by a stupid broad and get an insurance settlement, that's what happened to me, my old supercharged 2006 SS cobalt got totalled by a moron and I got a 2009 Cobalt SS turbocharged!!

But my momma never bought me a car, I purchased both 100% my own money, I went to school did all my own stuff and now I have a daughter, such as life.
>>
>>14607319
Have you checked the transmission fluid and fuel filter? If the engine and tranny are dying that won't help, but it can't hurt to at least look at them.
>>
my parents paid 10k for my 2001 audi a4 avant v6 tip quattro with 40k miles in 2011. fucking amazing car
>>
File: pieceofshit.jpg (658KB, 1528x772px) Image search: [Google]
pieceofshit.jpg
658KB, 1528x772px
>>14607319
This is one of the situations where I would get extremely pissed at my parents and they would do their stupid bullshit "we're doing something nice how can you be mad hurdurdurdlehur"

Thankfully I went with my Dad and bought my car. 1000 dollars, 1990, 172k miles, Subaru Legacy. Fucker still runs to this day and I beat the hell out of it.

Fuck Chrysler products. every one I've seen, driven, or felt the presence of was a huge piece of stinking shit.

Pic related, it's a car that's slower than my 26 year old 100WHP car.
>>
>>14609130
>confirmed for never driving SRT anything
>>
>>14609146
>be dodge
>make piece of shit car
>ex) the Neon
>put a turbo and wheels on it
>sell it as performance car

Charger Hellcat is a POS, Challenger is a POS. You can tell by the badge glued to them
>>
>>14607319
This is hilarious. I'm sitting in my 20 year old high mileage British luxury car and laughing at all you Murrican car drivers with your "reliability"

Let me turn on those heated seats. They still work, and so does the memory steering wheel. Have fun with your plastic interiors and torqueless engines.
>>
>>14609160
>torqueless engines

....maybe you're forgetting the one thing American cars are good at? Big ass V8 engines
>>
>>14609164
>V8
>>>>>>>>torque
If there's one thing American car manufacturers are "good" at, it's making a massive engine that's, sure, unstressed, but still somehow destroys itself and its transmission... then you rebuild both, and your drivetrain grenades. AMC was the only one to get it right, and it got bought out by fucking Chrysler who ruined the Jeep's image.

America really only does diesel trucks right. Even then...
>>
>>14609159
>has old discarded scrap shitbox
>everything is shit I'm an expert
>>
>>14609160
You live in your car?
>those repair bills
>>
>>14609184
Nah senpai I'm just depressed and retreat into my car in my head

I'm at home right now and I wish I could park my car inside my bedroom so I could look at it every few minutes.
>>
>>14609188
Might want to get that checked out...
>>
>>14609181
Not everything, just everything made by Chrysler.

>that moment when I don't think I've even seen a Chrysler product past the age of 20 around here that wasn't low mileage garage kept.
>>
>>14609160

Notably agree with you - my current daily is a £300 Rover 75, everything on it works except the cruise control which I don't like anyways; heated seats, electric everything, 2.0 V6, climate control. And it works. And it gets over 25mpg if I drive it steady.
>>
>>14609194
Yet you only reference boyracer and nigger-tier cars that people drive into the ground and never do any maintenance.
>>
>>14609160
This is hilarious I'm sitting in my 30 year old Chevy Blazer and everything still works.
>>
>>14609197
The British reliability meme is the best thing to ever happen to the used car market. It's almost always a simple fix, and it's almost always rebuildable--whether it's a pump, electronic component, or major drivetrain part. American cars: you have to buy an entire new part, possibly several. Same thing with Japanese cars, except those components last longer. German cars: just buy a new car, you're going to have to shell out $1000 just to fix that one vent that won't blow hot air anymore.
>>
>>14609200
Besides the Viper, fuck Dodge.
>>14609202
That's just blind luck with the track record of that truck. Lucky lucky you.
>>14609203
My car is Japanese and extremely simple. Newer ones I'm sure aren't, but none are.
>>
>>14609202
Everything still works? What is "everything" in a Blazer? The engine turns over and your transmission isn't 100% fucked yet. Your interior lights are dim but they still "work". Congratulations. You don't have much to break but I bet you've had to replace 80% of everything already.
>>
>>14609205
Did the girl you like get fucked by a guy in a dodge? Or are you just a week fanboy?
>>
>>14609216
Weeb*
>>
>>14609216
Nah the girl I liked got fucked by a guy in a Mustang.

I just really hate Chrysler.
>>
>>14609197
Damn I just looked up what your car looked like, bro. I love that interior. I wish we got them in Canada. I can import one, but it probably wouldn't be worth it. Still...
>>
ITT: Bitching about a gift.
>>
>>14607319
This legit makes me cry.
>>
>>14607319
>electrical problems
I bet you a dollar your fuse box behind the steering wheel is full of water/moisture.
>>
>>14607499
>>>14607468
>Thanks for the advice bub. I read the warning sticker on the sun visor.

he was giving you a hint dumbass.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.