[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a car that fits so many criteria for you but ends up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Honda_S2000_06_1024.jpg (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Honda_S2000_06_1024.jpg
115KB, 1024x768px
is there a car that fits so many criteria for you but ends up shitting the bed on a major one?

for me it's the s2000. rwd, sporty suspension, high revving engine, not too pricy, but it's pigfat/convertible...why?
>>
>>14596785

Toyota and Subaru need to get together and create a lightweight, RWD, sports coupe. That thing would be a God machine. Someday...
>>
Yes, 1st- and 2nd-gen DSMs.

Dat piss-poor reliability.
>>
if you've driven one you'll realize its not pigfat at all and the convertible part is like a bonus feature you don't plan on using or enjoying but after awhile you appreciate good weather/fresh air in your face.
With that said there is no other car that pulls off hardtops as well as an s2000.
I saw an e36 for sale that was convert. with a hardtop and it was heinous.
Honestly just drive one.
I daily an ap2 with over 130k miles. no problems at all nor do i expect any
>>
>>14596794
wat
>>
File: 1432009402828.jpg (138KB, 1067x910px) Image search: [Google]
1432009402828.jpg
138KB, 1067x910px
>>14596818
>>
>>14596818
> lightweight
> sports
>>
>>14596812
what's the difference between the ap1 and ap2? i heard they upgraded the synchros and diff but is it worth the price gap?
>>
>>14596812
it's almost 3000lbs. i still don't understand how they managed to do that.
>>
>>14596785
it's not that pigfat

>>14596846
For safety and maximum chassis rigidity in a convertible.

I do wish they made a coupe version tho
>>
>>14596826
>lighter than cayman and evora
>not lightweight
Welcome to this decade my friend
>>
>>14596837
Ap2 has the 2.2l engine which Is A little lets revy but has A bit more torque
>>
File: big_opel_astra_coupe_03.jpg (260KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
big_opel_astra_coupe_03.jpg
260KB, 1024x768px
>looks absolutely gorgeous

>FWD
>GM
>>
>>14597570
Looks are just about the only thing it does right, and even then I don't think they look all that special. Could be that they are (or were) so fucking common.

It's one of the most boring cars ever made.
>>
>>14596837
ap2 is the more bitch mobile, they made it easier to drive, heavier flywheel, softer sway bars, softer springs, rear tires are much bigger, while fronts are only slightly bigger, they put a delay valve in the clutch so you cant let the clutch out too fast by accident, traction control, more speakers. and luxery items.

ap1's were just fuckin savage. '00 doesnt even have a clock in it.
>>
>>14597880
also biggest one is the 8200rpm redline with more torque from the 2.2l so its more friendly for daily driving.

I.E. - bitch mobile.
>>
>Subaru Forester 1st and 2nd gen
>great looking imo - simple interior and exterior, nothing too fancy
>AWD
>just enough power
>perfect size
>you might actually find one that's not beaten to shit like most Imprezas

>gas-guzzling boxer needing more attention and an expensive mechanic
>>
>>14597570

Looks a lot like the 7th generation Honda Civic coupe, which is a great thing. Simple, understated, neutral, perfect. If only they both weren't FWD.
>>
>>14597923
I love that they went back for the same looks as the Calibra.
>>14597839
They're not that common over here, at least not the Bertone/Coupe. The hatchback is really dull and common, true, but I've only ever seen like 6 of these.
>>
>>14596846
>what is chassis rigidity
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.