[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was thinking of getting a 4Runner. Is this true that they ca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (116KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 800x600px
Was thinking of getting a 4Runner. Is this true that they can go high miles without much work. I like the look of the one in this video.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tiXmUKkhAFc
>>
yes 4runners are good, the one down side is IFS

god that fucking cameraman should put up against a wall and shot
>>
>>14592361
>the one down side is IFS
Not really a downside for someone asking if "they can go high miles without much work."
>>
>>14592203
i have one that has gone over 250k miles and we have barely worked on it at all. only thing i had wrong with it is some jackass stripped the bolts for my skidplate so i had to get new ones on the next oil change i got done. otherwise, no problems at all and it makes a great offroader.
>>
File: 1208858-19-large.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1208858-19-large.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
I asked on an earlier thread about a 2003 4Runner V8 that i just added to my garage, and wanted to build some obstacles to take it to the limit of its 9" clearance in all its glory.
suggestions?
>>
>>14592361
>IFS meme
He's not rock crawling.
>>
File: 1408649263964.jpg (84KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1408649263964.jpg
84KB, 565x600px
>>14594496
4runner for technical ?
>>
bump to see if i can get a reply
>>
>>14594168
Head out into the wilderness instead of driving over and posing on staged obstacles.
>>
I have an '87 and it's a god damn tank. I can't say anything about newer ones but you wouldn't have a third gen mafia if they weren't solid too.
>>
I had a 1998 sr5, and it went to 420,000 miles with no check engine light or leaks with regular ass maintenance. The only reason I don't still have it is because an old boomer asshole smashed it to pieces with his chevy truck.
>>
>>14592361
The only major issues with IFS that I've come across is lifting them, the angles can put a lot of strain on the CV axles.

Other than that, if you want to put a locker in the front diff you're going to need to beef everything up. But you're better off beefing up a solid front axle if you're using a locker so it's not really just an IFS thing.
>>
what other options do you have besides the 4runner?
>>
>>14592203
>Without much work
Be a man, be responsible, and maintain your vehicle. If you can't, or your time is too valuable, pay someone who can.

If you don't want to be bothered with either, get a bicycle.
>>
>>14592203
Land Cruiser is better.
>>
>>14595660
4runner is good enough. Dont be a landcruiser fuck boii.
>>
>>14595777
Someone's mad he bought a runner, and not a cruiser.
>>
>>14595206
no, thats being a poser, saying "traipse out into the wilderness". the point is to get familiarity with it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.