[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the steering wheel was switched to the left side, would the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: final-Ford-Falcon-xr6.jpg (98KB, 1140x643px) Image search: [Google]
final-Ford-Falcon-xr6.jpg
98KB, 1140x643px
If the steering wheel was switched to the left side, would the falcon succeed in North America?
>>
probably not.
>>
>>14562266

No because Americans have never heard of it. It's why Ford brought back the "Taurus" label and plastered it on the sedan and even an SUV for a while. Strong brand recognition sells cars above all else, it's why people continue to buy any Ford despite absolute shit quality and design.
>>
no it would interfere with taurus sales
>>
>>14562282
It's better looking than any ford available in North America right now - what if it were to replace the Taurus?
>>
>>14562297

They would still have to call it the Taurus or people wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>14562282
Run ads of Aussies punching out roos and wrestling with crocs and shove the Falcon in somewhere.

>Ford Falcon; the Aussie muscle sedan
>>
>>14562266
no
>>
>>14562297
The Taurus is already dead in the US senpai.
>>
I would buy it unironically
>>
>>14562297
The Taurus is better than the Falcon
>>
>>14562282
If they changed the sheetmetal a bit and rebadged it as some sort of Mustang sedan it could probably sell well. Cops would probably buy it in droves in it's current form regardless.
>>
>>14562266

Well, America has snowy roads and a CAFE standard. They could upsale it as a Sporty 4 door Mustang, but New Buyers (80% Women) prefer something that LOOKS sporty or a safe, easy to drive practical vehicle.

The SHO was hella better than a Mustang GT most every year, but guess what consumers want?
>>
>>14562380

Why would they when it's a FWD piece of shit and their current Interceptors are AWD?
>>
>>14562572
>Falcon
>FWD

It's RWD you shitposting retard.
>>
>>14562584

not for long

:^)
>>
>>14562329
Wtf are you talking about. I cant turn 360 degrees and walk away without bumping into a taurus these days.
>>
>>14562572
Actually most of the interceptors are fwd n/a 3.5 ltrs.
>>
>>14562759

The Australians would probably burn down Ford headquarters if that happened.
>>
It would, that's why Ford doesn't want to sell it here. It would eat their Mustang sales. Ford and GM turned everything into boring fwd shit except their Camaro, Mustang, and Corvettes. They won't introduce anything else fun in fear it would ruin those models' sales numbers.
>>
>>14562793
They are a rambunctious bunch.
>>
250hp v6 or better and not an anemic i4?

Absofuckinglutely
>>
>>14562266
It looks better than the Taurus, and it's RWD.
I sure fucking hope it would.
>>
the SS barely sells in america, so no
>>
>>14562789

Actually most are AWD, the FWD-only models are a significant downgrade in performance and the entire vehicle was built around the basis of an AWD powertrain.

Thanks for shitposting.
>>
>>14562808
It's only when you leave america when you realize how much better ford's products are everywhere else
>>
>>14562266

I think most people would rather just buy a mustang
>>
>>14562759
I was under the impression the Falcon nameplate was just going to vanish. Holden is the one trying to bring a bullshit FF replacement Commo.

Speaking of which, what are you lot going to replace the Chevy SS with when the Commodore goes?
>>
>>14562837
That hurts.
I wish I weren't poor, I would've bought one.
>>
>>14562828
There isnt a v6 falcon
>>
>>14563550

Yeah, it's just a turbocharged 4 cylinder.
>>
>>14562838
Th a awd ecoboost interceptor costs thousands more than the fwd model. Most towns can't afford to buy them do to the limited budgets now And large city's don't need the power do to low speed limits. Thanks for triggering. But next time be less retarded
>>
File: 4-10-2012-004.jpg (1MB, 1903x1287px) Image search: [Google]
4-10-2012-004.jpg
1MB, 1903x1287px
It lived out it's life in america and died here how it should've stayed dead

not sure why australians adapted it and started selling it, it's pretty much just a taurus at this point just not called a taurus
>>
File: hgn2.jpg (91KB, 924x590px) Image search: [Google]
hgn2.jpg
91KB, 924x590px
>>14563639
>But next time be less retarded

>do to
>city's
>Th a awd

OK...

And for the record, the majority of police forces are opting for the naturally aspirated V6 with AWD, which costs about $1000-2000 more per vehicle. The non-turbo V6 is a very good engine and plenty adequate for what most forces need. They're not pursuit vehicles, some forces still buy specific coupes like Mustangs or Camaros to fulfill those roles.

But the maneuvers required of a police car are such that AWD is vastly superior to FWD, so any force that can't afford to shell out for the AWD system is likely buying a RWD Charger or Caprice, not a FWD Interceptor.

Perhaps you should make an attempt to be less retarded.
>>
>>14563658
>it's pretty much just a taurus at this point just not called a taurus
A RWD Taurus with a turbo inline six or supercharged V8, perhaps.
>>
>>14563658
The similarities are skin deep.
>>
>>14563163

Fucking nothing.

Austrailia will get some Chevy or Buick badged Piece of Shits when they pull an Oldsmobile on them and the US will get some even shittier tier ATS Clone with a V6 OPTION for a couple grand extra.

Oh yeah, the window regulators with melt half the interior's plastic before there are actual flames or something equally retarded.
>>
>>14563661

No, most departments have Tahoes and Explorers. Nobody has that POS Charger, though, except highway patrol.
>>
>>14563658
>not sure why australians adapted it and started selling it
Adapted it? They were being sold in both nations at the same time from the very beginning. And our version was better.

>it's pretty much just a taurus at this point
because a taurus is available with a supercharged coyote, 6 speed manual, and rear wheel drive?
>>
>>14563968
Well fuck, I'd better pick up a VF SS in a couple of years and shove it in a barn somewhere so I can know what I got in 2055.
>>
>>14563983

I live in Canadoodle and we have about 65% cars (Taurus and still Crown Vics), and the rest are mostly Explorers. Saw one of the new Tahoes just this afternoon, they're a lot less stealthy than the Fords when they're in marked form.
>>
File: crangry.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
crangry.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>14564011
If you bother to do some research, you will find ford Australia took the US Taurus design as the basis for most falcons from 1980 onwards, changing the front end to show it's Aussie "heritage"

> Muh australian car for australian conditions
>>
>>14565232
Sounds like a load of shit to me.
>>
>>14562779
They are being discontinued in 2016 and the 7th-gen model won't be available in the US
>>
>>14565465
Do some research you fucking autist

Given your apparent level of retardation, I suggest google image search for you
>>
File: XD4-4.jpg (36KB, 600x271px) Image search: [Google]
XD4-4.jpg
36KB, 600x271px
>>14565232
>you will find ford Australia took the US Taurus design as the basis for most falcons from 1980 onwards
yaeh bro sure thing. the 1980s falcons were styled after european fords. not an american shit heap introduced in 1985
>>
>>14562266

I don't like it. It looks plain and old. The greenhouse looks like it was styled in the mid 2000s and the front looks like an Audi from the mid to late 2000s.
>>
>>14565831
What a terrible argument. Good to see all you have to back up your baseless rubbish is ad hominems.
>>
>>14565876
desu, that's part of the reason i like australian cars. they can LOOK like an old american shitbox, but they don't have to perform like them. they're still rwd, and likely have a V8 and a manual transmission.

while us yanks were suffering through the V6, fwd, 3-speed slushbox era, strayans were out hooning in their falcons and commodores, just as they always have.
>>
>>14562837
To be fair GM only trys to sell 3k SSs a year.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.