[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GM is going to unveil the Corvette c7 grand sport today. htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

GM is going to unveil the Corvette c7 grand sport today.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3787346-did-oliver-gavin-just-announce-the-c7-grand-sport-2.html

It's also been rumored that Chevy is working on a mid engine Corvette

That's 1 new confirmed Corvette model plus another on the way

When the c6 grand sport came out it killed z06 sales, what is GM thinking by doing it again
>>
>>14554559
Can't afford it, don't care.
>>
>>14554559
>Geneva
I know the Detroit autoshow has lost much of it's clout, but revealing a Corvette in Geneva? Europeans don't care about the Corvette.
>>
>>14554559
>When the c6 grand sport came out it killed z06 sales, what is GM thinking by doing it again
The GS was always a parts bin special. This Z06 kinda shat the bed against Nissan and then Dodge.
>>
Still amazes me how people would buy that trash when you can get a Viper.
>>
>>14555239
Almost all carr magazines are there and thats the only thing that really matters
>>
>>14555298

Viper is 20k more. And if you think Vette reliability is bad, wait til you get a load of a dodge.
>>
>>14555298
teh snek es ded doe
>>
>>14554559
Say hello to mid engine corvette teaser.
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (678KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
678KB, 380x400px
>Grand sport
so a Z06 with some stickers.
>>
>>14555424
Not even a z06, it's just a regular corvette with a widebody kit
>>
>>14555424
A Z06 without stigma of overheating. GMs doing this to wipe it under the rug.
>>
>>14555446
oh fuck it's overheating too?

I only heard about the metal shavings grenading the connecting rod bearings.
>>
>>14555444

>I have no idea what a GS is.

It's a redneck Z06. The C6 GS was a Z06 car with a steel frame and LS3 instead of the aluminum frame and LS7. All the suspension, braking, transmission gearing, final drive gearing, and cooling packs were lifted from the Z06. It's a substantial upgrade.
>>
>>14555462
Shut up nerd
>>
Confirmed 10:45 CET unveiling

Will look for a stream
>>
>>14555502

Don't talk car if you don't understand it, child.
>>
>>14554559
They didnt have a car cover laying around?

>hey bill, ductape that impala car cover on to the top half of the vette
>>
I feel like GM is gonna pull a Porsche and make multiple versions of the same model

Current Corvette models

Stingray, z06, Grand Sport, Zora (mid engine Corvette)
>>
The ZL1 will have the LT4. What will the Z/28 have? Will the GS have it as well?
>>
The GS was for boomers who couldn't handle the Z06
It gave me an automatic convertible.
But the c7 Z06 already has those options.
Hence why they sold 8,000 Z06s.

Idk what a GS would even accomplish
>>
>>14556598
I have a source that told me GM is making a DOHC v8 with variable cam lobe tec(Vtec) and calling it the LT5.

The DOHC Vtec LT5 in 1990 made 400horsepower.
Lt5 is also trade marked by GM
>>
>all these idiots

The GS is the car to buy this gen.

You get all the good bits of the Z06 (suspension, brakes, aero) without the terrible heatsoak from the shitty supercharger.

If you really need the power, use the leftover cash to build the LT1.
>>
>>14556935
>DOHC v8 with variable cam lobe tec
This isn't news. Everyone knows about the new Caddy V8.
>>
File: smug anime face.jpg (505KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.jpg
505KB, 1280x960px
>>14554559
Will it be able to purge it's body panels when it overheats?
>>
>>14556958
>overheats
pls take your shit tier anime face and leave

The GS won't be supercharged.
>>
>>14556937
>Confirmed for not knowing shit
The Z06 has ZERO heat soak
IAT temps are lower than the previous ZR1.

It does however have a Oil temperature issue. Oil gets hot too fast due to the Catalytic converter being too close to the oil cooler.
PCM pulls timing and bypasses the blower when oil hits 300F
>>
C7 zr1 when?
>>
File: 1456375862692.gif (766KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1456375862692.gif
766KB, 500x373px
>>14556986
Are you telling me that the oil is absorbing too much heat because it's getting too much?

Like heat is SOAKING into it? And it's an issue that somehow doesn't occur in the n/a cars?
And it has nothing to do with the cheaper, overstressed smaller blower that GM cheaped out on.
>>
File: you so shiggy, senpai.jpg (116KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
you so shiggy, senpai.jpg
116KB, 640x360px
>>14556963
Supercharged or not, it doesn't matter in the end if it can't compete.
>>
>>14557008
Blower intercooler is seperate system than the coolant to oil cooler.
IATs NEVER get high

Zero heatsoak.

Again, NO heatsoak is present
>>
>>14557030
You realize he's just going to keep damage controlling right

>anon who doesn't understand how a car works regurgitates info he got from the internet with a smug sense of satisfaction
>gets told he is wrong
>oh no, there has to be some way I can make it look like I wasn't wrong by being pedantic, better try to save face for an hour
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.