[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you're screaming down a straight in 4th, then come to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (439KB, 1452x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
439KB, 1452x968px
Say you're screaming down a straight in 4th, then come to a 2nd gear hairpin.

Do you shift from 4th to 3rd, then 2nd, or straight to 2nd?
>>
4th to 3rd to 2nd because It's fun
>>
>>14554331
I put in the clutch, brake with my right foot down to high 2nd territory, then put it in 2nd and let off the clutch.
>>
>what is an automatic
>>
If you can't heel toe then straight to second after breaking. Slowing with just downshifts puts wear on clutch instead of brake
>>
>>14554335
Have fun scraping your eyeballs off the windscreen and paying out for a new gearbox.
>>
3rd then 2nd
>>
>>14554341
The fuck you talking about mate?
I know what my engine revs at in each gear at different speeds. I'm not going to put it in 2nd at 40 mph or some shit. If you're waiting to brake by the time you're in the corner you're fucked anyway.
If you pay any attention whatsoever you'll easily be able to smoothly brake and put it into gear with minimal stress to gearbox, brakes, or yes, your eyeballs/face.
>get gud
>>
>>14554346
> screaming in fourth

If you downshift without heel toe you just revved to 9500 rpm. Rod breaks, catastrophic engine failure
>>
File: Robert_Kubica_2008_test.jpg (955KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Kubica_2008_test.jpg
955KB, 1600x1200px
They seem to shift 4-3-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duSDK3mSlb0

These peed on old engines were glorious
>>
>>14554376
They have electronic transmissions or they are heel toeing like Senna
>>
>>14554376
>F1 will never sound this good again
>>
>>14554376
how the fuck do I revmatch downshift this fast? holy fucking shit there is no way that is standard clutch and whatnot. I don't believe it.
>>
>>14554398
They're automated manuals. It shifts for you when you press the paddle.
>>
>>14554398
That's a paddle operated box.
>>
>>14554331
4, 3, 2. Long live the sequential manual.

Just remember to revmatch, and make sure your engien speed, gear and wheel speed match. If not, you're looking at a sudden loss of traction. This is the main reason why you shouldn't go from 4th to 2nd directly - matching wheel and engine speed there is pretty hard.

>>14554368
>If you downshift without heel toe you just revved to 9500 rpm.
>what is slipping the clutch
>what is waiting untill your wheelspeed is reduced thanks to braking

Also
>not having a 10K RPM redline

>>14554381
Electrohydraulic instant-shift transmission.

>>14554398
You get a sequential manual racebox, and revmatch software for your ECU. Done.
You'll be a bit slower than an instant-shift F1 unit, but it'll be close enough.
>>
>>14554341
is this faggot serious
>>
>>14554448
Go do exactly what the guy in the post says to do and see what happens.
>>
>>14554476
And you will be fine.
>>
I don't understand talk like this, what do you guys have against using your brakes?
>>
>>14554341
i do this all the time
what do you own, a subaru?
>>
File: 1437248835921_v.jpg (790KB, 1776x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1437248835921_v.jpg
790KB, 1776x2046px
>>14554335
>pushing in clutch before braking
>>
>>14554863
>I put in the clutch
Ok
>brake with my right foot down to high 2nd territory
Ok
>then put it in 2nd and let off the clutch
you've just shocked the transmission and have probably head butted the steering wheel
>>
>>14554911
Ever driven on ice?
>>
>>14554980
The fuck do you drive?
My engine pretty much stops with the clutch in and if I'm slowed down to the speed where I would be in the upper end of 2nd gear, then I'll have no problems.
I literally do this all the time with 0 problems.

>>14554911
I suppose you can do both at the same time. It doesn't really matter either way
>>
I put the clutch in, stomp the throttle, start braking as I shift from 4th to 2nd, drop the clutch and continue braking until I start the hairpin
>>
I get a feeling most people here literally let go of the clutch pedal like it's on fucking fire.

Of course the car is going to buck if you treat your clutch pedal like an on/off switch.
>>
>slow down with brake
>when the turn comes either
>if in 2nd gear rpm range for your speed, shift to 2nd
>if too fast too high rpm/too slow too low rpm toss it in neutral and adjust rpm then shift
>>
ITT: automatic gearboxed drivers trying to understand manual.

LOL
>>
>>14555184
he probably thinks with high 2nd territory you mean redline 2nd rpm speed and dropping the clutch because he can't drive manual for shit.
>>
Looking at it objectively, heel-toeing down through the gears takes some stress away from the brakes, the sound of the engine gives you more information as to what's going on and it lets you be ready to accelerate instantly if something unexpected happens. The only real advantage of holding the clutch and skipping to your mid-corner gear is that it's easier
>>
>>14555184
>My engine pretty much stops with the clutch in

What
>>
>hit the break until you're going slow enough to take the turn safe
>push the gas until you're back up to the speed limit
>take a bite of your hamburger at the same time

Sure feels good to drive the master race automatic transmission.
>>
brake a little bit then heel toe through all of them m8.
>>
>>14554331
4 > 3 > 2 because sequential manual gearbox master-race.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 290x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 290x219px
>>14554331
Brake into entry, heel-toe into second, clip the apex and punch it
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.