[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 2016 Nissan Versa S 1.6L base model in manual is only $11k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: nissan_versa.jpg (75KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
nissan_versa.jpg
75KB, 640x361px
The 2016 Nissan Versa S 1.6L base model in manual is only $11k brand new. I'm a poorfag and could still easily afford this.

Is there a catch? How is the build quality on these things?
>>
File: shig.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>buying new solely for the sake of buying new
>not buying something used that is far better in every way
>>
>>14536927
>Is there a catch?

The catch is; It's a boring, slow soccer mom car that will give you no excitement whatsoever.

But if you just want something nice to get you from A to B I guess it's an alright option.

>>14536938 makes a decent point. You could get a higher end sedan with a better engine that's a few years older for around the same price. You have to also understand that, even though 11 thousand for a brand new car seems like a steal, as soon as you drive it off the lot you lose a few thousand in value and you'll never get that back.
>>
>>14536927
The build quality is shit. You get what you pay for. Shitty cvt and plastics. Nissan doesn't deserve your money.

Buy a civic for 3500 and call it a day.
>>
The catch is, they're missing a lot of features. Also, they're fairly hard to find. Seriously, go to your local dealership and ask if they have any base manuals. Chances are they won't. I test drove a higher trim model with a CVT, and I wasn't impressed. It felt underpowered and boring to me. I honestly think an $11k used car would be better, in many regards.
>>
>>14536958
>OP asks about baseline manual model
>mention shitty CVT

agreed tho if he wants something "new" he should get like a 2012-13 for around the same price
>>
>>14536987
OK so even if he got the manual it's not a great manual, but any manual is better than a cvt.
>>
>>14536938
>being a salty poorfag and sperging over people buying new

New and used both have their advantages and disadvantages

if new suits his wants/needs then he should just get it

it's his money
>>
File: 1452143008541.png (855KB, 1156x618px) Image search: [Google]
1452143008541.png
855KB, 1156x618px
>>14537026
You honestly think it's ok to buy a shitty new car over a much better used one?
>>
>>14537038
You honestly think it's ok to live your life based on memes on the dirt bike subreddit of a siberian soap opera shadow puppet theater?

Stop being a fucking nigger and acting all sour-grapes at the fact that some people actually have a disposable income and aren't limited to autismbux or mommy's allowance
>>
>>14537026

Almost every single fucking "advantage" to buying new is just a psychological trick you play on yourself because you want a shiny new toy.

IF you acknowledge that what you really want is a shiny new toy, then fine, at least you're not deluding yourself. For almost all other instances, buying a new car is stupid, unless you have so much money that buying it is a drop in the bucket for you.

I could afford a new Sentra by saving for about four months, but even with that relatively short timespan to pay CASH for a car, I recognize that it's a fucking stupid waste of money when $11,000 could buy me a slightly used Lexus ES, or some other equally superior vehicle that will last forever, have more features, and be a better car to drive.
>>
>>14537055
>disposable income
>versa
Sure buddy
>>
>>14537067
>Almost every single fucking "advantage" to buying new is just a psychological trick you play on yourself because you want a shiny new toy.

And almost every single fucking "advantage" to buying used is just a psychological trick you play on yourself because you're too poor to afford something new.

Stop sperging out, you're just embarrassing yourself and you seem more insecure with every post you make. Some people just want and can afford a new car.

I'd personally never buy new but I'm not going to bitch online about people who do because I personally don't give a fuck about what some fat autist does with his money.
>>
But why? You can get a older Toyota/Honda that is just as reliable for way less. If you buy new buy nice
>>
>>14537095
Man stfu all you're saying is shit.
Used > New, just deal with it.
>>
>>14537055

You're a fucking retard. It's not like he can either spend 30K on a new car or 3K on a used car. Literally who wants to buy a fucking bare bones Versa for daily commuting over a fully optioned slightly used Civic or Corrola from a few years back for the exact same price
>>
File: pants_on_head_retarded.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
pants_on_head_retarded.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
>>14537055
For 11 fucking grand you could buy a much better used car. That's the point. Buying one of the cheapest shitboxes out there new just because it's new is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>14537280
>being an angry autist because people have different tastes than you

Didn't have enough good boy points for an extra plate of tendies? : ^ )

Honestly if you don't know of a single advantage of buying new over used there is literally no saving you at this point. You are doomed to a life of being a completely autistic moron and probably take the bus.
>>
>>14537305

>inb4 I was only pretending to be retarded

What fucking advantages? Muh warranty? lmao
>>
OP here, made this thread and stepped out and forgot about it.

Holy shit, what have I done?

& yes I am aware that new cars depreciate in value and you can an older car with more miles on it for the same price

I was just wondering why the new Versas were going for so cheap. I always figured Nissan, being a big name Japanese car company, would be producing higher quality stuff in a stiffer price range. I wasn't expecting some $11k shitbox from them.
>>
>>14537339
Protip: Nissan is the Fca of the Japanese manufacturers. They only make shitty cars now.
>>
>>14537339
They've been shit for the past 15 years, ever since Renault acquired Nissan. The company produces such mediocre cars, man. And this is coming from a former Nissan fan.

As for why the Versa is so cheap, it's made in Mexico, and a lot of corners were cut. Just sit in one. You'll immediately notice how cheap a base model feels.
>>
>>14537356
>>14537377
Ok, thanks. I have always followed weeaboo logic that Jap logos automatically mean something is good.
>>
>>14536927

I'd rather buy 20 Holden Novas instead of paying APR out of the ass for this thing because poorfag. I nova will last longer than that new heap.
>>
File: 1443900172744.gif (1MB, 400x218px) Image search: [Google]
1443900172744.gif
1MB, 400x218px
>>14537038

Holy shit! I seriously thought this was a Versa until third glance! This decade of cars is truly the new 80s.

>>muhfeelwhen.jpg
>>
>>14537055

It's not like he's buying an instantly depreciating piece of plastic that loses 50% of his resale as soon as he hands over the signed paperwork, sure.
>>
>>14537095

Stop baiting him. We know 9 out of 10 new car buyers are vane women.

OP will sure be styling in his barebones 2016 model with crank windows and no power locks, but that receptionist Stacey from 12a won't be able to take his attention anymore, because his car is 1 midel year newer.
>>
>>14537535
>vane women
>vane
Back 2 school
>>
I'll ask this question here because no need for my own thread.

I was in a modern manual today and the shift knob had reverse all the way to the top left. Whenever I put it into reverse the car was just in 1st gear. However when I had it in "reverse" and held the clutch down the car would very slowly reverse. Is this how the car is meant to function? I just don't get modern shit.
>>
>>14537584
No. You weren't in reverse. You have to push down or further over.
>>
>>14537584
Like the other guy said, sounds like you were in first. To get it far info to put it in reverse when it's in the top left, sometimes you need to push the shift knob down (like a button) or pull it up, in order to get it all the way over and up. Otherwise, it will only go far enough to the left to get into first.
>>
>>14537750
>>14537637
Why was the car reversing when I held the clutch in? I was on flat ground the car wasn't rolling.
>>
ls400's are $4000
>>
>>14537095
>NUUUH UUUUH YOU'RE JUST POOR!!

Enjoy wasting your money, kid.
>>
File: Interior.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Interior.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>14536927
God OP, if you're into shitboxes so much get a car like the one I drive, it's worth like 7K and it's got a big ass engine, with decent interior quality, much better than a new versa.
>>
>>14537339
>I always figured Nissan, being a big name Japanese car company, would be producing higher quality stuff in a stiffer price range. I wasn't expecting some $11k shitbox from them

What the fuck you on about, Nissan always offered cheap shitboxes.
Plus, modern Nissan is shitty in general.
>>
In 4 years it will be worth 6 tops. It's an old turd with a bloated body that is trying to be relevant
>>
>>14536927
It's cheap because it's a cheap commuter car for people with no interest in cars. Also the build quality sucks. Had one as a rental and it was creaky hard plastics everywhere and it struggled to merge on the highway.

Take my advice, if you're gonna spend that much on a car, get a used TL, IS350, or G37.
>>
>>14537169
>buy used
>car craps out
>costs $2000 to fix

>buy new
>car doesn't crap out
Or
>buy new
>car somehow craps out
>dealer fixes for free
>>
>>14540203
>buy used
>but not be an idiot who would even consider a Nissan Versa
>buy a solid car for 4000
>get at least 50k miles out of it
>put in 1500 to renovate/repair
>sell for 4000

>mfw I did a complete timing belt change for the 20 dollar cost of the timing belt plus like 80 bucks for an impact wrench I'll have forever
>>
I own a 09 versa cvt, the thing is super boring but it runs great. I've had no issues with it yet and I got 300k km on it
>>
Go find a used manual Toyota Corolla with less then 60k miles. Will be much cheaper and hold it's value better.
>>
>>14537026
There are some cases where I'd buy new, but not if I was looking for the cheapest car like OP. Versas are awful cars and you are much better off with a 3-5 year old Focus or something.
>>
I am not a professional and I drive a rusty damaged old car. I do not know much about "corporate culture", "office politics" or how a person could take "social advantages" by having a fresh car. Someone who does know about "corporate culture" "office politics" "social advantages" please fill us weirdos in. We did not get the memo.
>>
>>14536927

>buying new

fucking idiot
>>
I have a 2012 with the 5 speed. Had to give em 500 bucks deposit and wait a month.
had 50k miles on it now. not a speck of trouble.
yes it is boring to drive, but it can reach 70 by the end of an entrance ramp.
I didnt have to take out a loan for it.
Delivers solid 35mpg plus even though I thrash it
tl:dr Cost to sucks ratio is acceptable to me
>>
>>14543505
good post
>>
>>14536927

The adage "You get what you pay for" generally holds true for new cars.

Good luck if you get hit by a soccer man piloting a Suburban
>>
>>14544151
Well it actually is top safety rated in most categories. Used to be a top safety pick a couple years ago and the only reason it isn't now is because of newer requirements that a lot of cars don't meet.

If I remember correctly, that is.
>>
>>14537356
Nigga what mabey your base model budget truck from the early 90s blew up but that dosent say anything about there line up

Yes the 2005-2010 xterras frontiers and path finders were shit
Yes the 2004-2006 maximas were shit

But litterly everything else is better or as good as it's competition

Maxima>Avalon / Mazda 6 /fusion/dodge equivalent
sentra > civic
Altima >corolla
370z > mustang (handling wise not power)
Pathfinder = exploder
Titan<any truck with a desent size bed
>>
File: luna02.jpg (13KB, 281x223px) Image search: [Google]
luna02.jpg
13KB, 281x223px
11k down will get you pretty much any car you want under 30k,

don't get a base model sedan versa

if you must get new at least get a fiesta 5 speed or chevy sonic

better yet buy a 1-3 year old car under 30k miles and you will have a way better car than a versa that is still under warranty
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.