[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes and ford shills aside, what is your honest opinion of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

Memes and ford shills aside,
what is your honest opinion of this car?

Do you automatically hate it because it is FWD or because how it looks?
>>
Good fun car to drive, pretty practical, good mpgs, and can't really beat its specs for the price.
>>
The world needs more hot hatches. The FiST and FoST gave us two. They seem like solid cars apart from chewing through brakes.
>>
I-i want one
>>
I hate its looks and fwd.
Still, guess its a good new car for the price
>>
they're holding their value pretty damn well, which should tell you something.
that said, first year models have all kinds of problems i think
really good car regardless
>>
I own one and im sick as shit of all the threads about it.
>>
>>14532066
yeah

its looks is why I hate it
>>
the fiesta supposed to be one of the most unreliable cars in terms of problems reported. Probably a bunch of dumb little shit from the interior coming apart. Still, the st looks like a blast, and it is cheap.
>>
Great for what it is, the only thing that put me off buying one was the driving position. Even with the nice Recaros, it was too 'sit up and beg' for my liking. And Recaros aside, I wasn't blown away by the interior (though it's far from bad).

What I do really like is the ease of tuning these, especially with things like Mountune offering factory warranted remaps.

In the UK, we have a version coming out by rally car builder M-Sport, have a search for it!
>>
>>14532087
Hot hatches are car for cucks
>>
>>14533453
They're really not. Cucked hate hot hatches.

I've dozens only friends with what would be considered hot hatches, old and new, Ford, Renault, Honda etc.

They're all young, single and have disposable income.

It's cucks in diesel rep mobiles, modified SUVs and MPVs with 'Superdad' stickers in the rear window that try to race them away from traffic lights with their miserable cunt of a wife sat in the passenger seat.

Hot hatches are the cars people drive before they get a cunt wife, a pack of ugly kids and a miserably stressful career.
>>
>>14532066
I've had a few goes in a friend's one, and I rather like it

I'm a french hot hatch fanboy, but if I were in the market for a new car, I'd possibly consider one of these ahead of what the french have on offer currently
>>
File: GTI.png (1MB, 1120x672px) Image search: [Google]
GTI.png
1MB, 1120x672px
>>14533478
I've been married for 15 years and have two kids. This is my daily driver as well as being the best all around family car I've ever driven.
>>
>>14533523
Good on you, I wouldn't call that cuck at all to be honest.
>>
It's the least FWD out of all the FWD cars, if that makes any sense

By which I mean, it oversteer and rotates really easily due to the brake vectoring system. You only really feel like it's FWD when gassing it out of a corner.
>>
>>14532066

Good car.
Good price.
Good performance.

Not the fastest hot hatch atm but I feel they aren't like Golfs in that Volkswagen already pushed the engine to it's logical maximum with the parts they used, while Ford left plenty of headroom so that the enthusiasts can remap them and upgrade them to make them faster, which is a common thing with Fords for some reason.

The only issue is that every modern Ford has electric power steering. It isn't a problem in and of itself but anyone who has driven an older Ford complains about electric steering because you get no tactile feedback while on the road and you can't really get a feel of grip using modern cars.

That's just being pedantic and the car itself is fine.

Only issue atm is that the Ecoboost engines are still new and there's no technical background to follow at this moment so it's unknown how the engines will hold up under daily use after the 3 year warranty runs dry.
>>
>>14533551
Of all current FWDs, I'd say.
The previous generation of Clio RS (with the normally aspirated) engines were brilliant at what you describe, so easy to get the back out and arguably less torque steery due to the smoother power compared to turbocharged FWDs.

The Peugeot is a good little handler too though, as is the Mini - despite the bigger turbo engine, it's a great little package.
>>
>>14532066
5 door a shit
>>
>>14532087
You mean the USA needs more, we have plenty in the UK
>>
>>14533587
Agreed.

Wish to god USA had got the 3 door version, proportions just look wrong with the 2 needless doors.
>>
Great car, just needs more advertising OUTSIDE OF /o/ to sell in the numbers it should be selling.

All of its competitors (Civic Si, WRX, Mini Cooper S) have had the last 15+ years to establish their marque while Ford's prior car (SVT Focus) was a comparative flop.

A optional LSD would be awesome too, but it'd likely raise pricing by at least a good $1000
>>
>>14533569
As a Clio RS, I can confirm this.
>>
>>14534093
I've wanted an Alien Green RS 200 for ages, but the CO2 limit is over what my employer will pay for
>>
Focus ST is more practical, more reliable, and more car for your money.
>>
>>14534119
>co2 limit
>employer paying for cars
what shit country do you live in
>>
>>14535229
>employer gives me money to buy a car
>shit
What are you on? It's a cash alternative to a company car, an example of a benefit one might receive when working somewhere other than McDonalds.
>>
I don't like FWD

Focus RS looks neat though
>>
>>14532066
I was thinking of getting one, but it turns out the used Fiesta ST's are more expensive than used Focus ST's.
>>
>>14532087
Well we have the Golf GTi and R, and I suspect Mazda and Chevy will be building their own very soon.
>>
>>14532066
I like mine, it does get posted a ton on /o/ though.

Also, it's really well thought out as far as taking apart and putting back together components. I hadn't wrenched beyond your average oil change, but I've been able to install my own sikk modz (lol) with little to no difficulty.

It's depreciation is brutal, but optioned ones seem to be holding up a bit better than I expected.

Basic mods to be considering after purchase: Wheels, tires, exhaust, intercooler, protune, and your preferred bracing/sway bars.
>>
What's the consensus on the Recaros? Are they holding up after a few years of ownership?
>>
>>14535572
yeah no shit. but why spring for a focus st over base model if you're looking to save money on a car?
>>
>>14535678
>its depreciation is brutal

It's actually holding it's value pretty well, cheapest used one I've seen was going for $16k and that had 40k miles and no recaros.

The fiat 500 abarth is about the same price new and you can easily find them for $12-15k with low miles
>>
>>14532087
I wish we got renaults in the US. I would love to drive a megane
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 1013x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 1013x675px
>>14536220
It's the one brand you guys have really missed out on IMO, the RenaultSport stuff over the years have been tremendous.
>>
>>14536147
I love mine and would not have bought the car without them, after a little over a year and 16,000 miles they are more comfortable but look new still. Wouldn't of bought the car without them.

>>14536211
Yeah, I guess not a lot were sold in the first place, so finding a used one is somewhat rare in the first place. Mine was fully loaded and I think it's valued around $18k, luckily I got a sweet deal and it doesn't hurt quite as bad.
>>
I'm sorry
I can't
I hate everything about it
>>
File: Untitled.png (727KB, 930x534px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
727KB, 930x534px
>>14532066
>fwd
>>
>>14538791
What's happening in this photo?
>>
>>14538809
a possible mentally challenged human male is shoving a used fleshlight made to replicate the genitalia of a female horse in his siblings face
>>
>>14533523
>married for 15 years
>not a cuck

not seeing your point here
>>
>>14532066
That pic doesn't do the car justice.
>>
File: 1453484861252.jpg (962KB, 1280x841px) Image search: [Google]
1453484861252.jpg
962KB, 1280x841px
>he's fiestaposting again
>>
>>14539143
I'm not surprised...
>>
>>14539793
>implying
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.