[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many butt mad old fellas on the forums tellings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

File: DSC00283-1.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00283-1.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
Why are there so many butt mad old fellas on the forums tellings kids not to get high performance vehicles?

I am 19 years old and own a 2008 STi which I have been driving for 7 months now and havent came close to crashing. Before the STi ive owned several super sport motorcycles that I have been riding since 16 years old and I am alright. Only reason i dont have one now is because it got stolen.
>>
Because you're too precious to risk. We'll need your contribution to society. Think of how your mother would feel.
>>
>>14508609
Only ragret is insurance is $200 a month for basic coverage. But seriously get off your high horse. If i kid has the money to buy a nice vehicle dont talk shit. Its these years we should enjoy them. Sorry youre old and a cuck in debt so you cant enjoy high performance
>>
>>14508619
But high performance vehicles are much more safe than normal cars. They have better brakes, suspension, tires, and computers helping you to avoid accidents.
>>
>>14508619
Also my STi is the cleanest car I could find for the year. She only has 40k miles, 1 owner and no accidents. I want to keep it that way so when I have driving I go the speed limit and drive defensively. So many idiots here in florida I gotta protect myself from getting rear ended
>>
>>14508609
Good for you, faggot.

Enjoy your price gouged insurance rates.
Oh wait, I bet your on daddy's insurance.
>>
>>14508632
That doesn't help a idiot kid stay alive when they push the car to hard
>>
>>14508644
I sure am :)
>>
>>14508609
Because they know young people will buy them and either mod them or wreck them turning them into pieces of shit that you have to put more money and effort into getting it back to stage 0
>>
>>14508644
>not being on daddy's insurance

Someone didn't earn enough good boy points.
>>
>>14508655
Thats what youre implying. But there are 18 year olds that are much more responsible than some 30 year olds +. Everyone is different
>>
nice job op. you did what i wanted to do for years, but I'm stuck with a shittier subaru for now
>>
>>14508609
So post your actual car when you're trying to brag faggot.
>>
>>14508666
Go away Satan.
>>
>Go camping last weekend.
>one the guys friend show up
>18 with a brand new raptor
>we all leaving driving down back road.
>get a call from the kid
>he rolled the raptor going to fast on the gravel road causing him to get the back loose into the trench on side of road and roll it.
>>
>>14508609
>Subaru
>high performance
Pick one
>>
>>14508609
OH WOW 7 WHILE MONTHS
>>
>>14509361
Are you just being obtuse? An sti is a high performace car.
>>
>>14508728
Fucking classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI
>>
>trust fund babbies
>>
>>14508638
How much you pay for that? I've been looking to trade my wrangler for a hawk eye with that mileage
>>
>>14508609
They're not butthurt, it's just true. You're more likely to crash when you're in your late teens to earlier twenties. It's not cool to be 18 and be paying more than $200 a month in insurance when in a few years you can have cheap insurance and all the cool cars you can handle.
>>
Most "old people" (aka over 25 on /o/) have either given up on life, had an accidental kid, or made some other life mistake causing them to buy some "practical" econo car. They will do anything to justify it, the top being trying to convince other people they need a shitty econobox and that it's impossible to DD anything fast or less than mild mannered.
>>
>>14509818
Ur a ass.

6 billion people on earth are too poor to buy and own a car.

And don't go around thinking most people here can't afford a 20k used sti ok you ass. It's all about priorities. When you're young you have none and if you can pull it off then great.

But op hopefully you're in some kind of post secondary schooling. Most people spend money on school and rent. not a nice car.
>>
Got an sti at
19 myself and havent even gottena a speeding ticket. Just jealous old fucks who wish they had something fun whwn they were young.
>>
ITT: spoiled entitled millennials
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 1924x1324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 1924x1324px
>>14509981
I had a truck.

So when you go do donuts and hang out at McDonald's You think of me when I was your age and was out boating fishing wake boarding at the lake with my truck.

You sti losers have no lives aside from trying to do rally turns on public roads.

Men with trucks have the real fun. Women realize the Japanese tuner crowd is boring because they don't do anything other than sit in parking lots and play video games at home.

Men with trucks have real lifestyles. From dirt biking to wake boarding to snowboarding to camping to anything.

Be jealous of me. You are I know it. Thanks. Oh and my friends old suburban hauled 10 of us to ski hills.
>>
>>14510023
Lol how can you project this hard and not be embarassed.
>>
>>14509369
you're so acute
>>
>>14510046
I'm not projecting or embarrassed because I'm still the same person. Just with a different truck. And to be honest I'm quite an awesome person. Even though you're young you'd think I was cool.
>>
>>14510023
As much as I love Nippon steel. You got a point, my friend
>>
>>14509981
most wrx sti owners are in their high 20s-low 30s

lol
>>
>>14510064
If you were a happy well adjusted person you wouldnt be compelled to create some stupid fantasy about a person you dont know being a loser while trying to brag and compliment yourself. Youre projecting and its really cringey.
>>
File: NgABbTn.jpg (318KB, 1440x961px) Image search: [Google]
NgABbTn.jpg
318KB, 1440x961px
>>14510023
>implying subaru owners don't do outdoorsy stuff
It's literally one of the main things they advertise about
>>
>>14510083
That is what sti owners are and do though. Especially young teenagers. They go to McDonald's and eat burgers and smoke marijuana.

Not me. No no I kept myself busy building skills in sports and enjoying the beauty of the world. All in my truck.

I even went ice fishing with my truck. You really need a truck to get onto snow covered ice. An sti would get stuck. But a sti owner wouldn't be there to ice fish, they'd be there to hoon and try to ruin everyone's day before falling through the ice because they drive so fast.
>>
>>14510094
That subaru owner could've probably got by with a Prius. Too bad he doesn't have a boat or anything fun to do lmao. He's probably in his tent playing xbox that he brought along.
>>
>>14510105
He could have, but then he wouldn't have a fun car to drive when he's not camping. Your argument works the other way too, you don't need a fuckhueg suburban when you could get by with a prius.
>>
>>14510064
>I am pretty awesome if I do say so myself
Maximum overcringe
>>
>>14510094
Ok? Beer advertises you hang out with hot chicks 24/7, doesn't make it true. 99% of subaru owners are boyracers who never see any kind of dirt (unless its on the side of the road stuck to a tree). At least truckfags have a social life going for them.
>>
Holy fuck this entire thread I can't tell who's trolling and who's serious 10/10
>>
>>14510124
You have lost the debate. Your last sentence lost it for you.
>>
>>14510101
>being this autistic
>>
>>14508609
>sti
>high performance vehicle
>>
>>14508609
Guessing a ditch stole it?
>>
>>14508609
>having less power than a v6 mustang

I'm sorry OP I thought we were talking about performance vehivles.
>>
File: 1443482593612.jpg (8KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
1443482593612.jpg
8KB, 194x260px
>>14510023
>>14510159
>>14510064
all this projecting, lmao

>>14510080
samefagging too, you can't make this shit up
>>
File: laughatyou.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
laughatyou.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>14510023
>>14510064

>I had a truck
>but I wasn't like the typical truck owner

kill yourself
>>
>>14508609
We're telling people not to WASTE MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE ON SHIT THEY DON'T NEED. We already went through the same shit. I wish I had never wasted money on sports cars. I could have invested that money instead and waited until I was older and bought WHATEVER the fuck I wanted. Too much
>I need it now!
when saving will get you something better with cash to spare. I'm not saying don't buy a fun car, but not all high performance cars are fun and not all cheaper cars are boring.

EXAMPLE
>be 20
>saved up cash from whatever jobs
>invest $30k into a fund and NEVER touch it
>average return would mean by the time you were 40 you would have $171k saved
>invest that useless car payment over the same time (say $400/month)
>that would be $420,000 AFTER TAXES
Those are conservative average numbers. Or you can buy a couple of shitty STI's over the years that you can sell for $15k each after dropping $30-$40k in buying it and mods.
>>
>>14508609
That's not a high performance vehicle. That is an AVERAGE sports car.

A cobra mustang with 700whp is high performance and most kids would wreck them. A 600whp supra is high performance. Motorcycles are high performance and kids wreck those probably 10 to 1.
>>
>>14510299
700whp is about as much horsepower as you would ever want in a 3,000 pound car to have fun. I've driven some big block small cars that were around 800 to the crank and maybe 2700 pounds and they just have to be driven too delicately to have fun in
>>
>>14510286
This. When you realize how much work your money can do all by itself, the whole consumer mindset becomes horrifying, like the whole world is out to get you and keep you from getting rich.

Cars are depreciating assets. The more you spend on one, the more you lose every week in depreciation. Insurance payments are losses. Nice tires are losses. Maintenance costs are losses.

Are you, at 19, so well-off as to be insensitive to that? Money is freedom. Cars are chains.
>>
>>14510320
I mean, it's still a high-performance car. Sports cars don't normally have that kind of power because, like you said, it's not actually fun for most people. However, the 800hp 'stang with a high performance driver (crucial ingredient) will spank a stock Mustang all day on a track.
>>
>>14510105
That's a lot of projection, m8
>>
>>14510159
Are you retarded? He can do all the shit you do, but has a better car. IF he ever needs a truck he can go buy one for fuck all and use that as well.
>>
File: 1455718257128.png (40KB, 640x374px) Image search: [Google]
1455718257128.png
40KB, 640x374px
I bought a 10 second sportscar a few months after I turned 18, around the end of my senior year in high school. My insurance is 1300 a year, as I am on my mom's plan. I'm glad that I have her support and that I'm in a healthy place financially to be able to live a lifestyle that makes me happy. I've received many similar comments about not deserving my vehicle. The point is that any one at any age can learn responsible driving skills to manage a high horsepower vehicle. I'm happy with the car I chose to spend my money on, and in no way does it reflect my responsibility as a young adult.
>>
File: wew lad.png (56KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
56KB, 223x226px
>>14510597
>Paying $1300 a month in insurance
What a nightmare to be honest.

>It makes no sense that someone would charge higher interest rates on a loan with no collateral than on a loan with a house or car as collateral
Bernie pls
>>
>>14510634
Whoops, meant to say "per year." That's not peanuts. As a 23-year old in an expensive city, I can insure a 911 for less than that.
>>
>>14510634
Yeah I'm also voting for trump. 1300 a year isn't a significant burden on me either, while it is a fairly high figure for insurance.
>>
>>14510634
In Ontario, for a 18 year old, the insurance cost to be primary driver on your car is around 350$ so that's 4200$ a year. Imagine a Student with student loans paying that much.
>>
>>14510597
>10 second car at 18
Pics or it didn't happen. No one believes you.
>>
>>14510780
Pics of what? Time slip? Drivers license? Bread on hood?
>>
>>14510843
all the above you lying faggot.
>>
because you've probably only had your license for 7 months and not a good driver.
aswell your insurance rates will be stupid expensive

a lot of younger drivers think they're better drivers than they really are. plus they do more stupid stuff as well.

there's no reason you need a high performance car for the road, young or old. but people buy them so they can thrash them instead of having to pay stupid amounts to do the same at a track

if you have a track near you then buy a cheap civic or something and drive at track for a while. it'll be cheaper since you don't have to pay stupid insurance, and you don't have to worry about crashing (as much) and you can drive faster without worrying about cops or other people. and you'll be much better at learning to drive on a track

high performance brakes, suspension, tires etc. don't matter when you go around a corner understeering at 120km/h because you couldn't judge it right...
and they don't save you from going around a corner and mowing down someone who was riding a bike because you were thrashing car around blind corners
that's the type of stuff that young people will do and is more important to 'learn' then actual driving skills.
getting car up on an open road where you can see around corners or whats on side of road etc. is fine..
but it's not the same around the mountian roads which have blind corners, other cars, walkers/cyclists/bike riders, and debris/stuff on the road that makes traction difficult. like say theres leaves covering road, or gravel, or someone dropped something out of car, or an oil spill. if you go around a corner fast and theres an oil spill or gravel/leaves etc. then you won't be able to stop or gain traction if it's bad.
>>
>>14510533
Hey buddy you can enjoy your gay kayak while I'm enjoying me fishing boat with a 200hp even rude on it. So suck it.
>>
>>14510844
I'd rather not - it would compromise my identity on /o/ with people who recognize my car. Isn't the whole purpose to remain anonymous?
>>
>>14510901
What 10 second car even exists stock.

It must be a Veyron because almost nothing is 10 seconds stock. 11 maybe if you're lucky.

Your car must be on performance rubber. Put a time stamp next to the brand logo and that should be good enough. Or the key. Key and tire logo.
>>
>>14510917
It's not stock, it's significantly modified, and the time was done on drag radials.
>>
>>14510901
>people will recognize my car and realize I post on /o/
....oh no......
>>
File: 1448862953339.jpg (130KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
1448862953339.jpg
130KB, 980x735px
>>14508609
>Why are there so many butt mad old fellas on the forums tellings kids not to get high performance vehicles?

Their wives won't let them have one.

If you can afford it, go for it. If you put it through a tree it's your funeral.
>>
>>14510926
It's more so that I've posted my car on /o/ before and I don't want to associate it with my age and my information.
>>
>>14510925
Then show us the blower on it. Or a wheel. Or anything small but proof.
>>
No proof. Must be riding the bus
>>
>>14510940
LOL I remember you from other threads bitching out on posting your car with the same shit excuse. You are full of shit. What a sad faggot. LOL.

>my car is so original that people can prove it's me....on a forum......as if that means anything in the world.

I live in Houston, I'm on 249 and Louetta. Come find me shopping at HEB every saturday. I have a big red beard. So scary.
>>
>>14510979
Ah you might have me mistaken - I don't live in texas.
>>14510942
I'd post the time slip or dyno sheet but an image search would reveal who I am. I'm comfortable with the disbelief, take my information with a grain of salt if you desire. I just figured I'd share.
>>
>>14511009
You probably own a 10 second civic. Which isn't very good
>>
>>14511009
I don't care where you live. I was making a point. No one gives a fuck. You are full of shit.
>>
File: 1454711423664.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1454711423664.gif
871KB, 245x230px
>>14511009
fake and gay
>>
>>14509928
Fuck off commie
>>
>>14510597
>>14508609
Well this is the thing. Nobody wants to look over and see a kid who just got his license driving a hotter car than them, it's irritating. Same thing when parents see that other parents got their kids a fast car, "ohh he'll just wreck it" "Ohh it's daddies money" this only happens when kids get nice cars. If someone's dad got them a 300$ civic nobody would call daddies money becuase they're not jealous. They don't care if the kid earned it or not becuase they don't want it. But if someone gets a wrx they cry becuase they didn't get one, so their only way to cope is to say that they'll crash it or that it's daddies money...when in the end who cares becuase they have it and you dont.
I went through the same thing with my first car. It was a 12k wrx. I love that car more than anything. I know how it works in and out and I learned alot working on it. But dealing with butthurt people saying daddies money got annoying, especially when people had nicer more expensive cars at school like brand new accords or expensive trucks. I was singled out for becuase I had a scoop and people were mad my parents trusted me with that car. I had no tickets in highschool and didn't crash it. I could be trusted with the car becuase I respected its power and that I was lucky to have such a car for my first. I couldn't say every 17 year old could be trusted like that so it makes sense not everyone gets something like that. But i get where people come from with being annoyed. I was pissed when I heard some kid talking about how he was going to buy an sti, twin of my car just sti. But he was an idiot and greatly underestimated the price of it, ended up with an auto jetta
>>
>>14511152
Way to ruin the thread with a 40 page essay.
>>
>>14508638
True that. Fuck Florida and the horrible drivers here. Roads here are fucking boring too. Straight lines for days in my Miata.
>>
>>14511152
agreed
>>
>>14508609
You made your first mistake by buying a Subaru.
Your second mistake is making this thread.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.