[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

What do you think of the mazda 3? Better than the civic/corolla/elantra?
>>
yes it is better than those
>>
>>14490279
>jew nose - the car
>>
>>14490279
yes
i want one
>>
the current mazda lineup is really nice
too bad their engines are so goddamn powerless
>>
>>14490348
Apparently OVTuning is pulling like 30lbft and 30hp out of the skyactive 2.0L engine with just a header and a tune. From what i can tell they engines are held back pretty hard.
>>
>>14490532
the*
>>
>>14490348
I think the front end works so much better on the 6 than the 3.
>>
I prefer the styling of the mazda to its competitors, although I'm not thrilled it's being produced in Mexico.
>>
>>14490348
at least americans and australians get 2.5 litre 3s :/
>>
>>14490783
be glad mazda is keeping immigration into the usa down
>>
>>14490783
Are the 2.5L still made in Japan? Last I heard only the 2.0L is made in Mexico.
>>
>>14490795
>be glad mazda is keeping immigration into the usa down

what
>>
>>14490801
by giving jobs to the mexies i assume
>>
>>14490279
It's a shitty modern car. Stupid sloping beltline, bad visibility, and a high hood for
>muh pedestrian safety
>>
>>14490797
This is accurate.

OP, why buy a new econobox? One from several years ago is just as good. Mpg difference is negligible, cheaper, mostly the same features
>>
>>14490532
I was considering that the tune may be an option but on the Mazda3 forums, the guy in charge of OVT was banned. Sketchy af.
>>
>>14490895
Addendum: A guy tuned his car with OVT using 91 octane and some parts E85. Allegedly, the 2.5 can do 220+hp but I fucking doubt it.
>>
>>14490797
>>14490789
Speaking of, how cuckworthy is it that the 2.0L Miata and the 2.5L 3 is made in Hiroshima but not sold in JDM form?
>>
>>14490945
How is the JDM equivalent different from USDM? The only thing I can recall is that they offer a turbo diesel?
>>
>>14490279
Are there any compact sedans nowadays that have RWD, manual transmissions, and a starting price of less than $25k?
>>
>>14490999
Probably some kind of used bmw
>>
How does the 3 compare in reliability? I know Honda and Toyota have a solid reputation.
>>
>>14491158
probably there or thereabouts
>>
File: consumer repors 2015.jpg (223KB, 750x856px) Image search: [Google]
consumer repors 2015.jpg
223KB, 750x856px
>>14491158
breddy gud
There was a thread a while back with Consumer Reports links to reliability. Don't have the imgur link anymore.
>>
>>14491158
If you're referring to the latest 3, here's what I've noticed the most about it based on other user experiences. I've been following this car since released because I'm curious as to what will happen this summer when the supposed 2017 may come. I've been waiting off on buying one.

-There have been no major issues other than the Takata airbag recall. The latest TSB/recall is due to a fuel line leak that could cause fire but I think only a few have been affected.

-Most people complain about tire noise/wind noise but that can be helped by getting non-shit tires. Wind noise, well what do you expect from a sub 30k hatchback that weighs less than 3000lbs?

-SOME people said that they have surface rusting issues in various areas of the car.

-SOME people say the paint is very thin and chips extremely easily. Due to the angle of the windshield, some have reported cases of theirs cracking and needed to get them replaced.

-Manual users complained of a twitchy clutch and notchy gearbox. Auto trannies, some have reported rough shifts occasionally.

-A lot have complained that many plastic pieces in the interior are cheap as fuck and scratch easily. But again, what do you expect from a budget car.

-Majority of the problems with the car has been the MZD connect infotainment system not working and the Mazda Remote Start app with the phone.
>>
will age badly
>>
>>14491208
Good info, thanks
>>
i have a 2010 gt, its legit, everyone recognizes me too for some reason
>>
>>14491230
Why is that?
>>
>>14491511
lines are all over the place
>>
>>14490279

The Forte beat it in a motortrend test.
>>
>>14490532

The engine has very little room for growth, the compression rate it just way to high.
>>
>>14490901
Yeah, OVT or not, i feel like there is a lot of potential in the new skyactive engines. Previous gen was the same deal. I have the 2nd gen mazda 6 2.5L and people on the 6 forums were talking about easily 200 at the crank with tune and bolt ons. I still want to see boost on them with how beefy the engines are.

Fucking based mazda
>>
File: Mazda3 029.jpg (102KB, 569x427px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda3 029.jpg
102KB, 569x427px
I bought a Mazda3 recently. Love it. But it does have a smaller interior and let in more noise. I didn’t mind because it was more engaging to drive than the others.

The 2016 Civic might be a better car for a lot of people. It has a much larger back seat, is quieter, and just a bit nicer than the Mazda3. But it’s less sporty in terms of feel and feedback through the controls. I don’t fully trust its CVT to be reliable, though. The Corolla is even quieter, also has a huge back seat, but is dreadful in many ways. The Elantra’s fine but not great at anything.
>>
>>14491605
The 2.5 is the same as the Duratec 25 in the base model Fusions
>>
>>14491961
Yeah the L5-VE or whatever. Great engines
>>
>>14491947
I compared some of the interior dimensions with the new GTI and they are basically identical. I fit just fine and didn't feel claustrophobic sitting in the rear seats even though I'm 6'2". Not sure why people are saying it feels small but I haven't had the chance to drive one yet.
>>
>>14491947
What do you think of the appearance package lel
>>
Depends how much you're willing to spend. I recently test drove the mazda 3, elantra, civic, and impreza for a new small car. The mazda was the best handling and had the "sportiest" feeling engine out of them, but it had a higher price in terms of what you get. I liked it, but ultimately ended up buying a Civic that had a lot more standard equipment and much higher end feeling interior for less money. If you're talking about the highest trim levels, the 3 is very nice, but the base models felt quite cheap to me
>>
>>14492330
I forgot to mention that the 3's interior felt significantly more cramped than the others as well. And the back seat was basically non-existent
>>
>>14491174
>FCA
some things never change.
>>
>>14492350
The front seats were probably all the way back
>>
>>14492461
I'm only 5'10 and adjusted the front seat to my normal driving position, then got in the back and had almost no leg room
>>
>>14491605

That is the max room the engine has to grow.

You haven't seen the engine modded because the compression rate is too high.

At 14:1 Noone dare to turbo them because you would have chunks of engine block all over the road.

The skyactive engines are good for being stock. They have no performance capacity
>>
Mazda 3 kills every other car in the segment and many others in higher segments in every way you should care about.

Mainly: handling, transmission, power delivery

Secondly: reliability, looks, interior

IF you care about the 0.5-2 mgp gain that other models have, or the $100-$500 cheaper sticker price, or you dislike the interior...IF you think these tiny reasons are enough to outweigh the pros of having something more fun to drive...then get out of /o/. It's not for you.

And that's fine, because you know what? You wouldn't be alone. MOST people in the world would prefer their daily commuter to have a softer ride, to be the cheapest thing they can get (so they can feel good and brag about the deal the get)

GET THE MAZDA
>>
Better? Yes.

Better for you? Maybe. Probably.

Better for 90% of CSI watching, whitebread, mainstream americans? No.
>>
>>14494143

RIDE & HANDLING
In claiming its previous victory, the Mazda3 dazzled the judges with its crisp, natural steering feel; responsive, unshakable chassis; and sport sedan handling. It led this competition with the same trump card, at least in the dry. As it happened, rain struck during our evaluation loops, and opinions of the Mazda changed quickly. Those who drove it in the dry were again smitten with its excellent handling on the winding road portion. Those who drove it in the wet, however, told a different tale. Editors found it breaking loose at both ends on wet roads when pushed hard, eroding confidence. One point we all agreed on was the ride quality, which was among the best in the group.

Dodge Dart. Opinions were mixed on the thick, meaty steering wheel — while it felt direct, the steering was surprisingly heavy. Also heavy was the car itself, outweighing the nearest competitor by more than 300 pounds, and it felt heavy from behind the wheel. The Dart threw its heft into a corner, but once the weight transferred, it was a smooth and stable handler. The weight made the car feel planted on the road, but it also hurt the ride quality, though it wasn’t the worst in the group.

There wasn’t a large difference in ride quality among the group, but the Sentra was at the bottom of the spectrum. Where it really disappointed was in handling. The Sentra received constant complaints of terminal understeer, egregious body roll, and lifeless steering, and it lacked grip. Said associate online editor Karla Sanchez: “This car handled so terribly, I couldn’t wait until the loop was over.”

the Kia Forte surprised everyone. In general, we’ve known Kias to have rough rides and elastic-feeling steering, but not this car. The ride was pleasantly firm, almost sporty, and the steering felt naturally weighted and responsive, though it still provided no feedback. Many editors found it the second-most fun car to drive behind the Mazda
>>
>>14494285

Somewhere in the middle was the Civic. The lightest of the group, it felt that way on the road. Ride quality and handling both fell in the middle of the pack, though the steering took some hits. Editor-in-chief Edward Loh found that the “light steering feels artificial and requires jerky inputs. Initial input doesn’t seem to do much, so I kept dialing in more and more steering. Hard to be smooth.”

PERFORMANCE

The Kia surprised us at the track. It was the quickest to 60 mph by half a second and stopped the shortest from the same speed by 2 feet. On our skidpad, it put up respectable grip numbers and was the quickest around our figure-eight course. Out in the real world, we found the power strong compared with the rest of the group, and the transmission shifted quickly and smoothly and seemed to never select the wrong gear.

Less surprising was the poor showing from the Sentra. It was the slowest to reach 60 mph and needed the longest distance to stop. The car also was slow to accelerate and lacked brake bite. The primary culprit in drivetrain complaints was the continuously variable transmission, which all agreed was slow to respond and then provided insufficient additional leverage when it did. Despite its poor handling on the road and lowest average g on the figure-eight test, the Sentra did manage to tie the Dart for the highest average g on the skidpad.
>>
>>14494291
The Dart was a disappointment. Its raspy exhaust and turbocharged engine seemed to promise performance, but its jog to 60 mph fell right in the middle of the pack, as did its stopping distance. As noted above, it posted the highest average g on the skidpad and the figure eight, but tied the Mazda for second in figure-eight lap time. Where the Dart really fell down was in everyday driving. The dual-clutch transmission was jerky and often seemed confused in automatic mode, whether dicing in the city or carving a canyon. The only remedy was to manually shift using the gear stick, which delivered fairly quick and crisp shifts, though it upshifted automatically at redline.

We were likewise disappointed in the Civic. The engine felt weak at low rpm, but like the Sentra, the fault lies squarely with the transmission. The aging five-speed gearbox was slow to shift and had no manual mode. This carried over to the track, where it was the second slowest to 60 mph and the slowest around the figure eight. Its low curb weight contributed to the second shortest stopping distance, but it posted mid-pack average g numbers.

The Mazda3 was a curiosity rather than a disappointment. Despite its stellar dry performance on the road, it didn’t post the big numbers at the track. It was the second quickest to 60 mph and around the figure eight, but dead last on the skidpad. It also finished third in braking. Somehow, though, it all came together on real-world roads, making the Mazda3 the clear driver’s favorite.
>>
>>14494293

OCKPIT/CABIN

Many people put a lot of stock in how a car looks, but the truth is, you’ll spend far more time looking at the inside of it than the outside, and it greatly shapes your perception of the vehicle. In this category, the Sentra clawed back some favor with the judges. The rear seat and trunk are cavernous for the class, and the navigation and entertainment systems are simple and intuitive to use. Some editors found the design dull, likening it to a doctor’s waiting room, but others pointed out that it barely feels down-market from the larger, more expensive Altima, a nice treat for a value-conscious buyer.

The Forte received similar praise for being second to the Sentra in rear seat space. It was also dinged, albeit less so, for being cold and dark with some odd ridges on the dash. Those gripes were quickly overlooked, however, in light of the segment-busting list of features, such as heated and cooled front seats and power-folding mirrors.

Also feature-rich was the Dart, with its massive touchscreen infotainment system and high-resolution, reconfigurable gauge display. We appreciated the clear, easy-to-use UConnect infotainment system, even if it did seem a bit cluttered compared with Kia’s UVO system. Editors also liked the front-and-back steering wheel controls. Where the Dart struggled was in seating, with hard perches front and rear and compromised rear headroom. The editors complained about the grainy, low-resolution back-up camera.
>>
>>14494299

Riding mid-pack was the Civic, whose bi-level instrument cluster and funky shapes divided editors. It was given high marks for being a strong improvement over the poorly received 2012 model, and we appreciated the better materials and quieter cabin. We took issue, though, with the old, low-resolution navigation system and its tiny buttons, and rear seat space ranked smallest among the competitors.

Receiving some of the harshest criticism was the Mazda3. While we liked its sporty, supportive seats overall, many were disappointed with its small, cramped rear seat. The dashboard also drew fire for looking the oldest and appearing to be made of the cheapest materials. “The split screens are at least well-organized/executed,” wrote Loh. However, “none of the screens matches in background colors, fonts, or font colors, not in the instrument panel, infotainment screen, or the two tiny screens above.” We were disappointed with the lack of a back-up camera, but equally delighted by the preferred manual shifting orientation of forward for downshifts and backward for upshifts, which the Dart shared.
>>
>>14494299

RANKING

5th Place: Nissan Sentra

Poor handling, poor fuel economy, and a shorter feature list outweigh a low price and big back seat.

4th Place: Honda Civic

A weak drivetrain, poor fuel economy, and frustrating nav system sank a solid entry.

3rd Place: Dodge Dart

Sport handling and a long list of features weren’t enough to overcome a high price and terrible gas mileage.

2nd Place: Mazda3

An enthusiast’s special and fuel-sipper to boot, weighed down by a heavy price tag and missing features.

1st Place: Kia Forte

Handles well, sips fuel, loaded with exclusive features, and priced just right. What’s not to like?
>>
>>14494285
>>14494291
>>14494293

Actual, relevant, balanced information on my /o/? Thanks breddy much

Also:

>Mazda3 the clear driver’s favorite
>clear driver's favorite
>driver's favorite
>driver's
>driver
>drive

90% of Yoo Ess Americans do not "drive." They "commute." They "get from point A to point B." 90% of people would rather have the computer operate the car for them, and can't fucking wait until google controls their civic so they can check their facebook feed every second.

GET THE MAZDA
>>
>>14494305

1st place Kia: rising company with huge incentives and legit stepping up their game
2nd place Mazda: based mazda being mazda

I'm okay with this.
>>
My friend has a new one. Drives very nicely, attractive interior. On the minus side, seems to have pretty poor interior space. Sitting in the back seats was painful for me, and the front was only acceptable.
>>
I like the Golf more.
>>
I don't like the poor quality of the interior plastic
>>
>>14494312
>relevant, balanced information
>account gives a favorable rating to a car - in comparison with the fucking Ddart

mazdafags need to take off the blinders
>>
File: mazdaquality.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
mazdaquality.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
Mazda needs to do something about the power in their cars. Continually selling cars with the "affordable performance" slogan won't last forever when the only thing somewhat performance oriented is the handling. I expect more power stock.

>zoom zoom
more like "get beat by a smart car but it's ok because handling is better than most."
>>
Trash
>>
>>14496366
u wot?
>>
I've been driving it for a while. I'm tall and I fit much better in my mazda 3 and civic/corolla.
I don't like the rear window, you can barely see anything and the car has large blind spots. I'm not sure if that's the case in those other cars. As for Civic I just absolutely hate being in those cars. Yea they're reliable and all that, but I consider it near a torturous experience being 6'4"
>>
I went to a dealer to buy CX3. But I'm 6.3, and my legs were too long for the car. So I bought mazda 3.

It's really good for price. But one negative is, dealers don't seem to carry very basic model with no additional shits. But it's still good buy I think.
>>
>>14490307

Wut
>>
>>14499954
That being said, the back seat's are very cramped.
>>
>>14494305
Definitely disagree with the Forte being top. Although leaps ahead of the previous Gen.
>>
File: 1967 Mazda Cosmo Sport- Front.jpg (572KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1967 Mazda Cosmo Sport- Front.jpg
572KB, 2272x1704px
>>14490348
>>14497470
2017 CX-9 has a 2.5l turbo. Expect to see it spread to the rest of the lineup in the coming year.
>Mazdaspeed 3 SOON
>>
>>14506873
I still believe, but I'm getting more and more skeptical since it's taking so damn long. I hope they announce it when the MS3 gets its 2017 refresh.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.