[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new GTR will drive itself around the track >new Z will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

File: nissan-gripz-concept-01-1[1].jpg (116KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
nissan-gripz-concept-01-1[1].jpg
116KB, 750x422px
>new GTR will drive itself around the track
>new Z will be a crossover

is there any brand more cucked than nissan right now?
>>
Is it bad if I hope the new Z is a crossover just so my 370z retains its value?
>>
>>14315143
>retain its value

it will be the z33 all over again
>>
What if the new Z isn't a crossover

what if z is expanded as a sort of performance lineup in Nissan

And what if, just maybe, OP is a dense cockmongling faggot?
>>
>>14315152
The Z34 ended up being an objectively better version of the Z33. You can't say the same about "Gripz" and the Z34
>>
File: CJqqgG1UEAAKFjy[1].png (117KB, 439x287px) Image search: [Google]
CJqqgG1UEAAKFjy[1].png
117KB, 439x287px
>>14315158
>OP is a dense cockmongling faggot?
I dont drive a nissan bud
>>
>>14315143
Yes, yes that's bad and you should feel bad.

Honestly, no car lover should be happy over this. I'm not a fan of mustangs, but if they were to replace mustangs with some crossover bastard I'd still be sad.

It's already a very niche market, downsizing it further will only make it more bland.
>>
>>14315163
the z32 was an updated version of the z31 300zx

it all went to the trash
>>
>>14315158
Nah, Nissan needs to get their head out of their ass. New Z is 98% confirmed as a crossover. Nissan's marketing team is full banana sandwich at this point
>>
>>14315171
And the Z32 became obsolete. What's your point?
>>14315173
Nissan's marketing team is going after idiots who don't know jack shit about cars which happens to be their current primary demographic barring their two performance cars anyway.
>>
>>14315173
Renault's probably putting quite a bit of pressure on nissan not to experiment with the affordable sports car market. Pretty sure people are rolling in their graves.

As much as /o/ likes to think cars are nothing but toys, for the vast majority of the world, cars are tools and sports cars simply don't sell as well as suv crossover death babies.
>>
File: 1445151029483.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445151029483.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>14315180
>who don't know jack shit about cars which happens to be their current primary demographic

m8, that's literally every brand's primary demographic
>>
>>14315201
Relatively speaking
>>
File: 658822e0baef2cf6f8ec7b26531fa9ef.jpg (744KB, 1500x1143px) Image search: [Google]
658822e0baef2cf6f8ec7b26531fa9ef.jpg
744KB, 1500x1143px
>a fucking crossover
>>
What if we wage war on this crossover cancer guys? Vandalize the shit out of them everywhere in every city. Dealers will have a nightmare selling the "marked for death" vehicle and based nissin will return our cries of anguish with a usdm straight six single turbo monster to shit all over the frs corvette etc etc etc
>>
>>14315180
>>14315189
I just have a bit of skepticism, because Nissan is making this big to do about how the new Z needs to be "revolution, not evolution", and this big push to capture the millennial/youth market

I'm nobody important, but I think the decision to turn away from the IDx concept, and walk down this road of "we can only have 2 sporty cars, the GT-R and a riced up Juke!" is going to bite them in the ass
>>
>>14315225
canttelliftrollorretard
>>14315232
It's not too much of a surprise what they're doing; imbecilic millennials (read: normies) don't want sports cars but they want the image of one which is why Nissan is shitting on the Z name for that since for whatever reason crossovers became popular.
>millennials (read: normies) don't want sports cars but they want the image of one
This is also why the newer Celicas/V6 muscle cars/Eclipses/Scion TCs and so on are as popular as they are, by the way.

t. fellow marketingfag (I assume you're in marketing if you're a salesman)
>>
>>14315232
Honestly, I doubt it. Sports cars are such a niche market that Nissan/Renault is banking on the sales from a sporty crossover more than making up for it. Which honestly isnt all that hard to do.

There was an interview with someone from renault a bit back and they basically said this is the era of crossovers and that niche sports cars are a massive financial risk for the company.

They take much more engineering and have been giving less returns for the company recently. Although with the drop in oil prices and economic recovery maybe that'll change. I hope...otherwise it's just sad.
>>
>>14315260
Haha used car sales, so marketing in a way. And get what you are saying. the Juke was far more successful than I thought it would be, but I don't understand why you wouldn't just keep the Juke, and push the Rogue to be a more stiff competitor against the CR-V/Rav/Escape? You don't need to kill your affordable sports car to recreate a vehicle you already have in your current lineup

>>14315294
But again, who's gambled on a niche sports car and lost in the last ten years? The GT86 was a success. The Miata is/was a success. the WRX is successful (even though Subaru gets that paper from the SUV's).
>>
File: 14412441.jpg (26KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
14412441.jpg
26KB, 600x800px
>>14315332
>The GT86 was a success.

The GT86 has limited success I think. In terms of performance it definitely was a success. In terms of sales.....eh.... I know people don't like autoblog but

>Okay, folks – it appears we've got a problem. The Toyota GT86, Europe's counterpart to our own beloved Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S coupes, is apparently not selling too well. This, according to Toyota's European Vice President of Research and Development, Gerald Killman, is what's limiting plans for additional variants of the rear-drive coupe.

"A faster version of that car would be at the top of most people's wish lists, but like the cabriolet, it is hard to justify a business case to push either model into production based on the current sales," Killman told AutoExpress. "Personally, I think that engine could use a little bit more," he added.

>http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/21/toyota-gt86-scion-fr-s-sales-disappointing-worldwide/

This is what scares automakers. They have to fight established brands like the miata and mustang in the US. FRS/BRZ did pretty well in the US, but without worldwide success, some companies will be hesitant to invest heavily. I think in Nissan's case, they just simply dont' have the cash to blow, especially not with Renault staring down their line up. Just my two cents.
>>
It's been stated that it's NOT going to be a crossover, you ignorant bastards.
>drop ride height, plastic cladding on bottom, add reasonably sized wheels
>there's your new Z
>>
File: 1443792679963.jpg (347KB, 1408x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1443792679963.jpg
347KB, 1408x1184px
>a
>fucking
>crossover

nissan fags on suicide watch
>>
File: image.jpg (363KB, 799x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363KB, 799x479px
>>14315137
Am I right in saying jap sports cars are pretty much the "progressive" liberals of the car industry and American muscle is the "traditionalist" conservatives
Am I right?
>>
File: ZNight_001_3600.jpg (686KB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
ZNight_001_3600.jpg
686KB, 3600x2400px
>>14315368
Just an addition, I'm not saying it's impossible to create a sports car success, but for a company in Nissan's position, who was just bailed out by Renault, I can see why they decided to try and ride the hype train.

Honestly, all this depends on how the consumer market will react. If we continue to embrace crossovers and SUVs, then nissan's gamble will pay off. Personally, I'm hoping it's a success because that will potentially give nissan the flexibility to start experimenting again.
>>
File: nissan.jpg (709KB, 4080x2720px) Image search: [Google]
nissan.jpg
709KB, 4080x2720px
Well if the new """""skyline"""" is anything to go by...
>>
>>14315387
no

now go back to /pol/ with your buzzwords
>>
>>14315401
Buzwords?
Maybe if I said "degenerate"
Whatever man I don't want to get banned again for posting non /o/ shit I just saw a connection and was wondering if anyone else saw it
No need to soil yourself
>>
File: s16.jpg (44KB, 658x439px) Image search: [Google]
s16.jpg
44KB, 658x439px
If they made the Z a crossover, and replaced it with an S16 (pic related design, RWD, lightweight - basically a perfect GT86 competitor) I would be totally fine with that.

Has anyone here really given a fuck about the Z car since the 350z onward?
>>
>>14315368
>>14315392
I guess it's the /o/ in me that thinks/assumes the IDx would have met with great global sales numbers. And from a marketing perspective, I can see why they are resurrecting the Juke under the Z name to build hype...but I still don't like it lol

In my dream world running Nissan:

-Offer the Juke with a 6MT & AWD, which is the drivetrain combo we all want but that they don't make, and push the Nismo Juke as the sporty millennial crossover chariot

-Revamp the Rogue to compete better against the Escape and CR-V, push value for dollar as the selling point

-Keep the Z as a 2 seat sports car/roadster, but go the ND Miata route and get back to basics/roots of what the car was when it was born
>>
>>14315332
>Haha used car sales, so marketing in a way. And get what you are saying. the Juke was far more successful than I thought it would be, but I don't understand why you wouldn't just keep the Juke, and push the Rogue to be a more stiff competitor against the CR-V/Rav/Escape? You don't need to kill your affordable sports car to recreate a vehicle you already have in your current lineup
They want to use the Z name and presumably they didn't find the 370z profitable enough to warrant keeping it. It's a great jack-of-all-trades sports car but most people who want performance in the first place go for either blistering straight line speed or ridiculously tight handling, not a compromise between the two.
>>14315387
If you're a /pol/tard who doesn't understand how actual politics work then sure. American muscle is "Fuck you I do what I want" whereas traditional conservatism is "I WANT TO SEGREGATE MINORITIES AND MANDATE RELIGION BE TAUGHT OVER SCIENCE ALSO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOOT PEOPLE FOR LOOKING AT ME THE WRONG WAY." Conservatives and liberals are two sides of the same shit coin who both harbor a "us or them" mentality.
>>
>>14315387
>the guy riding bitch in the riceburner is flipping him off

Lol.
>>
File: 360z.jpg (103KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
360z.jpg
103KB, 1280x782px
>>14315458
I'll drink to that m8, maybe in a few years.
>>
File: 4Bi2Tau.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
4Bi2Tau.png
211KB, 327x316px
>a fucking cuckover
>>
>>14315464
>If you're a /pol/tard who doesn't understand how actual politics work then sure. American muscle is "Fuck you I do what I want" whereas traditional conservatism is "I WANT TO SEGREGATE MINORITIES AND MANDATE RELIGION BE TAUGHT OVER SCIENCE ALSO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOOT PEOPLE FOR LOOKING AT ME THE WRONG WAY." Conservatives and liberals are two sides of the same shit coin who both harbor a "us or them" mentality.
I can go on further about this but I'd rather keep politics out of here. I would still say >>14315387 has it backwards if anything because Japanese sports cars haven't changed their formula much whereas muscle has become a lot more refined
>>
ITT: pure ideology
>>
>>14315393

Is the juke discontinued? If so whats the point
>>
>>14315137
that thing really reminds me of the halo warthog for some reason
>>
>>14315464
I'm conservative and Latino
Pls tell me more about how I want to segregate myself
Retard
You know nothing about what we belive so shut up
>>
File: puma.png (4MB, 3072x2002px) Image search: [Google]
puma.png
4MB, 3072x2002px
>>14315546
That looks nothing like a Warthog
>>
>>14315450
>Has anyone ever really given a fuck about the Z cars?
Fixed that for you mate
>>
>>14315393
>yfw this vehicle actually perfectly fits the original market segment for the skyline since the 1950s
>>
>>14315798
>>14315546
must be the blunt snout and angular wheel arches
>>
>>14315393
Crossover? It's literally just a station wagon
>>
>>14315450
>hey nissan look what toyota made, a cheap rwd sports car
Nissan: Oh cool, so they're selling lots of them?"
>...well not really
Nissan: "Alrightly then, let's dump lots of R&D money into building a car that competes with a car that isn't selling"
>Cool! I'll go tell my friends at 4chan and Jalopnik!
>>
>>14315744
You don't know what conservatism is; don't cry to me that you're labeling yourself incorrectly because you're politically retarded.
>>
>>14315844
The problem is that everyone who's in the market for such a car just goes out and buys a Miata
>>
File: Renault_Megane_R26R.jpg (65KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Renault_Megane_R26R.jpg
65KB, 1024x683px
>>14315189
Yeah, because Renault hates fun, and totally weren't making the very best hot hatches on the market until they went completely insane recently and decided Renaultsport should be made more "accessible".
>>
>>14318648
Don't forget the new Alpines that are coming. It certainly is Renault and not Nissan themselves that haven't put anything interesting out (western market) in the last 20 years besides the gtr
>>
Why is Nissan so shit?
>>
>>14315878
Still lacking in power and doesn't come with a coupe or fastback option. That's enough to turn lots of people off.
>>
>>14315189
That would make sense for the European market, but for the NA market (where sports cars sell better because there are no stupid taxes in NA)...
>>
>>14318805
Down on 100hp and it's faster than an S2000 on a track
>>
>>14315467
It's obviously a JDM car.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.