[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are E36 328is any good? I love the styling of them, but the price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bmw-3er-e36-328i-coup-199847[1].jpg (769KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bmw-3er-e36-328i-coup-199847[1].jpg
769KB, 2048x1536px
Are E36 328is any good? I love the styling of them, but the price difference between them and the M3 is pretty big for me. What am I looking at when buying a used BMW like this anyway? Are they all as beat to shit as everyone says, and will it just fall apart on me once I get it if it hasn't already?
>>
Bumping, I'm curious, too.

But I bet the price difference have always been huge, it was the cheaper substitute and we won't find any clean and not pricey one.
>>
/o/ generally likes E36. Definitely look out for rust on skirts, chassis and wheel arches. Make sure the engine is in good condition, they're popular among boyracers with 0 car knowledge, especially in Eastern Europe. There's tons of BMW forums where you'll probably get better answers in terms of maintenance and shit. Keep in mind that where you live affects parts prices, I imagine them being cheap in Germany for example but a lot of people complain about very expensive maintenance.
In terms of driving, I can tell you for sure that even a 316 shitbox is amazingly fun to drive so I can only expect a 328 to be even better.
>>
>>14202550
besides the interior (bad quality) you ll love it.I currently drive a 318i hardtop and i bought a 2.5 engine to swap it in (the 328 has the m52b28 but the m50b25 is better for turbo builds).go ahead,you will love it
>>
>>14202550
I like mine. You can get an m3 bumper and lower it with some rims and make it look good. I'm sure a little supercharger with an intake and exhaust would also get a little more power out of it.
>>
>>14202774
>>14204734
keep these things stock and drive them well and keep ahead of maintenance. These arent "tuner" cars
>>
>>14205059
Nothing wrong with some new brakes, suspension, lightweight wheels, performance exhaust, lightweight battery, and some minor engine enhancements (air filters/cold air intakes/etc), and weight reduction surgery, right?
>>
>>14205124
ruins the resale value and the way the car was meant to look and feel. These were never sports cars anyways. They were compact economy cars to go to meetings and pick your kids up from school ,and maybe overtake on the highway at a spirited pace.
>>
>>14205162
>being this blinkered
>>
>overtake on the highway at a spirited pace

BMW cucks stay pleb
>>
>>14205059
E36 aren't tuner cars? Pretty much every E36 I see is riced out by some Eastern European teen thinking it's hot shit.
>>
Replace VANOS, entire cooling system, rear subframe assembly, and all four door lock cylinders. Then enjoy your ride!
>>
>>14206070
>replace vanos
vanos isn't a wear item. It's literally just a piston and a really high pitch helical gear. it never wears out.

>entire cooling system
you mean the water pump impeller

>rear subframe
that's the early e46, not the e36

>lock cylinders
???
>>
>>14206070
I thought that was the E46. Does that apply to these too?
>>
>>14205162
>e36 were never sports cars
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.