[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's fucking cold out edition. Previous Thread: >&g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 47

File: image.jpg (240KB, 1440x1431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 1440x1431px
It's fucking cold out edition.

Previous Thread: >>14133292

>How do I into CDL?
Community college, independent schools. Get a grant or loan before you sign a contract with a company offering to pay for school.

>Good rookie companies?
http://pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH

>Bad rookie companies?
Anything not in the pastebin

Since the old thread is at bump limit and clearly getting bombed by some samefag.
>>
And I'm not even gonna link this in the old thread. Hopefully the thread bomber doesn't come here.
>>
>Forgot to put thread title
I have the dumbs.
>>
>>14170306
Should have went to college ya dumb fuck
>>
>>14170192
I sure hope that's just a show truck because not only is this size of sleeper unbearable, but the fuel tanks are babby sized and the Harley would succumb to various road grime in a matter of a few seasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 1600x1200px
>>14170338
Yeah I thought much the same, but maybe there's a larger tank on the other side.
Have another.
>>
How long does it take to get your cdl? Im looking to get one to help my side business.
>>
>>14170348
My class was 3 weeks, 5 days a week for 11 hours a day (10 + a break)
>>
Taking Mondays off is nice
>>
>>14170632
Ayy Skyline is looking for a new local driver in South Florida, just got a message a minute ago.
>>
Anyone here still do drugs? I have a class a and smoke a shit load of weed and do coke occasionally os it true if the dot pisses me and im dirty they revoke my cdl?
>>
>>14170345
This is as genius as it is frightening.
>>
How come you guys say parking is so bad? In Michigan, 94, 69, 75 have rest stops that always have room for trucks that I've seen, even at night. Do other states not have this?
>>
>>14170671
Damn, really? Hmm...

What all does it entail? I'm mildly interested. Doesn't seem like a horrible company.
>>
>>14170683

>1008AD X2

>Not being an alcohol truck driver
>>
>>14170718
Mostly pulling 53' dry vans and reefers to and from a bunch of warehouse places, and occasionally to a gravel lot in Hialeah. You'll probably be in an '06 Freightliner Columbia double bunk sleeper. I know our local guy actually had to sleep in it one night when he came to swap with me at Ft Pierce.
>>
>>14170683
Don't smoke weed and drive. If you get caught, you're fucked.

They don't revoke it, but they make you go through a bunch of bullshit classes that will take a few months and cost a bunch and you can't start working until you finish them all. And your company will probably fire you and it will be really hard to get a job afterward.

If you do coke like once a month, you might be ok since it passes so fast. I wouldn't risk it tho.
>>
>>14170713
Other states have much smaller rest areas usually, I remember stopping at a rest area in MI that had like 100 spaces for trucks and there was only one other truck there.
Compare to my home state of TN which is usually 20 spaces or less and about 30+ trucks each night.
>>
>>14170737
So they rarely even sleep in the truck? Will the money be worth it?
>>
>>14170748
Don't know about the money. You'd have to talk to Bonnie. Just look up Skyline Transportation on Google and call the office, I won't post the phone number or anything here for obvious reasons.
>>
>>14170781
>Don't worry Bonnie! That guy on 4chan will vouch for me!
>>
>>14170788
Kek, if she asks, just tell her to call Landon.
>>
>>14170803
I gotta sleep on it. I'm miserably content on the Pepsi truck, plus I fear change. At least I know what I'm doing at that shitty job.

I just need to get fired so I am forced to get a better job.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 640x1136px
>>14170192
Also

Fuck this cold weather
>>
>>14170808
It's pretty easy from what I saw on the week I went along with two of our local guys for training. Just bumping docks all day. One guy had a Knoxville - Chattanooga run twice a week that was all he did those days, straight there and straight back home.
>>14170820
>63°
>'cold' weather
Rude.
>>
File: 20160104_111309-1.jpg (3MB, 2828x1768px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_111309-1.jpg
3MB, 2828x1768px
So, northeast fag here from the previous thread. Good God you guys were right about lack of parking! I90 legit East bound had nothing and were filled up by 6pm.

Also, less than 24 hours driving and I already scraped the bumper of these super low volvos
>>pic related

>>14170808
Do it, pepsifag! I made the mistake of staying in my (semi) dead end job for 5 years before Trucking and the only thing I think of now is "I should've joined sooner". Stagnation when we're all in our 20s is retarded.
>>
>>14170743
>2016
>not hot boxing the cab watching cartoons going down 435

Its like you dont like trucking on fun mode
>>
>>14171130
I wish man, I had a bad experience with all of that when I was in CDL school.
>>
>>14171057
Shit driver tbqh
>>
So I'm not a driver (right now) but I have my class a and I was getting off the interstate this morning behind a tractor trailer and this off ramp was slicker than shit. His drive axles lost traction and the tractor started sliding down the ramp sideways with the trailer still going straight. It was cool and terrifying at the same time. He got her stopped though.
>>
>>14171143
How so senpai
>>
>>14171220
Was a pothead, quit smoking and had to do a test before I could get behind the wheel for school. Pissed dirty after not smoking for over a month. Passed a home test the night before.

Had to see a counselor, do a bunch of classes. Took like 2 months and $2500 before I could go back to school. It's the same process if you piss dirty on the job.
>>
>>14171294
I would like to add, the counselor went easy on me with the classes since I was a kid and it was just weed. If you have a history, it will get a lot worse.

Also I started messing with opis afterward because they don't stay in your system as long. I do not reccommend. Stay clean if you drive. I haven't even had a beer in like 3 years.
>>
>>14171294
Do O/O get piss tested after an accident by cops or DOT?
>>
>>14171309
It's possible. I have only been in one accident and it wasn't my fault and they didn't test me.

But if the cops are suspicious at all or having a bad day, they will order O/O's to take a piss test.
>>
>>14171304
Yeah I stay sober just cause I tried some drugs in the past and didn't get the appeal. The occasional whiskey is nice though.
>>14171309
I believe you have to be tested after every accident, regardless of company driver or O/O. That may only be a Tennessee thing though.
>>
>>14171348
>didn't get the appeal
You're lucky. It was fun, wouldn't do it again. Lots of my friends up in Chicago just sit around smoking weed all day and it's boring as hell. That's why I always want to go home after like 3 days of being there.

And from everything I have heard, they can test you every accident, but they normally don't. If it is big or they are suspicious, they probably won't. Like I said, I didn't get tested with mine. But it wasn't my fault and the cops were on their way to court so they didn't have time for that shit.

I haven't had a random from work in awhile. Thank god. The place they send us to is awful. I'll probably end up with one tomorrow.
>work 11hrs
>get call that I need to see the big boss
>here, go to Concentra
>crowded as fuck like always
>sit around for 2hrs and finally get called in for 30sec to piss in a cup

We actually had a dude get fired maybe a year ago for showing up to work drunk. I kinda felt bad because my dad was a shithead alcoholic and people like that need help before you just can them. Assuming it isn't the 10th time it has happened.
>>
>>14171294
Dam that sucks i smoke everyday tryna stop though trucking is so boring without it tho
>>
>>14171491
You will be ok. It's hard at first. I smoked all day, everyday and the first few months sucked. It was like 3-4 months afterward that I woke up one morning, felt great, and weed wasn't the first thing on my mind. It was beautiful.

Even if I could start smoking again, I don't think I would.
>>
>>14171304
Opiates are a whole other level of fucked. Had a good friend get his degree in CivE with a 6-figure job lined up at Halliburton doing completion get dumped before training for pissing hot. Now he's a CivE for some municipality on the east coast. Hearing him bitching about bridges all the time is kinda disheartening knowing he could have been doing something much more interesting.

It isn't like marijuana where you just do it socially and out of boredom. It makes you feel the best, like everything is awesome and nothing could ever get you down. Then when you don't have it everything is the dumps. The only way to feel normal anymore is to stay dosed. Thank god that cold bitch never sank her claws into my back.
>>
>>14171668
Iktfb im a major pothead which sucks because ill piss hot for the next month untill i stop but my roomate is hooked on oxy and is broke right now and looks depressed as fuck
>>
>>14171692
I don't know how close you two are, but you'd be doing him a huge favor if you could help him get off. Opiate addictions aren't something they're going to want to bring up with the senpai, and it is difficult to ask for help. I wish I'd known better when my friend was facing the same addiction. Fortunately for him, he now lives close enough to D.C. to take advantage of their recreational mj.
>>
lol trucking

get a real job, no one respects a truck driver
>>
>>14172155
Thank god I'm not a trucker.
>>
>>14170345
nah needs moar tankz
>>
>>14172164

You are a truck driving, scooter riding, chain smoking degenerate.

Absolutely haram.
>>
>>14172171
Yeah I would get bigass tanks and a bicycle strapped to the back with a motorized kit.
>>
>>14172317

lol poor fatass if only you weren't so obese you could actually ride a bike
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (386KB, 820x801px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
386KB, 820x801px
>>14172155
nor am I.

Actually no one in these threads is a trucker, we're all just "Professional Drivers", "Big Rig Babysitters", or just full of shit.
>>
>>14172462

You'll all be replaced by dirty POO2LOO indians in a few years anyhow.

Maybe you should have gone to college and developed some actual skills, you're gonna be unemployed and on welfare pretty soon. Curryniggers gonna take your only job.
>>
>>14172478
Stop trying to steal my bait from yesterday fgt it's the ssilly school kids who gonna be out placed by punjabs
>>
>>14172507

Punjabs won't replace people doing actual jobs. They replace people doing mundane, basic stuff like collections, call centers, basic IT stuff, and then all the uneducated jobs. Problem is they're also inherently lazy, so they don't take to jobs in construction very much. Not to mention they shit everywhere.

Anyone with an education doesn't have to worry about POO2LOOs, it's the unskilled plebs like you that ought to be worrying.
>>
>>14172521
Oh but they do lad
The majority of entry positions for it and engineering jobs are filled by visa workers
And the positions that require more experience? Filled by punjabs who have more experience :^)

Enjoy workijg in McDonald's, at least you got that piece of paper to go Home to every night tho yeah roflmao
>>
>>14172537
>this40yo millgrunt is still here
did you molest your daughters today as well? you're going to kill yourself sooner or later, as I said.
>>
>>14172537

Funny because I only ever see the shitskins driving big rigs and rolling them on the highways. That, or they're behind the counter at a gas station.

Basically, the jobs you're qualified for. Kek, enjoy your "CDL" while it lasts, cuck.
>>
>>14172560
dude we established a long time ago that he's just a troll from /pol/, as soon as he started talking about aryan shit i figured he was just b8ing
>>
>>14172560
I'm a different dude dude no way I'm ever gonna work in a factory or be at the submission of union mafioso
>>
File: trollface_irl.jpg (112KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
trollface_irl.jpg
112KB, 540x720px
>>14172567

>I'm a different troll
>please feed me
>I'm starving
>>
>>14172573
You'd be sstarving too if you went into debt and wasted four years of your life for a bit of paper that can't even get you a job because punjabs do it better and for less
>>
File: BUSTED_webm.webm (3MB, 552x360px) Image search: [Google]
BUSTED_webm.webm
3MB, 552x360px
>>14172586

You need to be more creative bruh, the guy last night was varying his stuff. You just keep going with the punjab thing, it's too obvious.

>babby's first troll
>>
>>14172451
I'll bite.
>6'2"
>160lbs
>fat
Sounds about right.
>>
>>14172596
Too early in the am for creativity
>>
>Haven't eaten since yesterday
>Stop at Flying J for some Denny's
>Enjoy the food and company for an hour
>Come back to truck
>Loud, clearly pretty bad air leak can be heard
>Can't find it, somewhere in the passenger side engine bay, not the brake line
>Truck losing several PSI per second when the compressor isn't running (runs nonstop with the engine on now)
Yey
>>
>>14172813

too bad you're a poor idiot who drives a piece of shit

should've gone to trade school, would've learned how to maintain your shit properly you fucking idiot slob

>muh cdl
>>
>>14172813
i bought a burger from a denny's in PA and it was awful. greasy as shit. could only eat half. the cajun fries were good though

wendy's burgers are delicious though
>>
>>14172880
I've learned most truck stop restaurants are only good at their forte. I got a 13oz T-bone steak and eggs. Was breddy gud, but I asked for rare and it came a little more undercooked than just "rare," so I had to ask for them to pass it over the grill one more time.
>>
>>14170192
would this even be feasible to do, would he even have time to use the motorcycle OTR?
>>
They announced layoffs at work today, I'm gonna miss the cut, but they said truck sales are gonna plummet this year

That and supposedly a lot of trucks lost like fucking half of their value over the holidays. Can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>14172907
Assuming he's an Owner/Op (company cucks like myself can't make modifications like this, and that truck is clearly custom as fuck), he probably intentionally takes down time here and there so he can hop on his bike and see the sights. I heard of an old couple that basically live in their truck most of the time and head out for the receiver days in advance so they can stop a lot along the way and go sightseeing.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14172196
This is true.

>select all commercial trucks
>>
Help Im turning into a fat fuck. How do you guys stay /fit/ whilst trucking? Mind you Im a company driver so no bobtailing to gyms and even then where I go theres usually none around.

All I really got is dont eat so much and walk around the parking during my breaks
>>
>>14172896

the big kitchen nigger slapped his dick all over your steak, probably gave you AIDS
>>
>>14172935

Companies finally realized you guys are easily replaceable, and got a couple hundred POO2LOO injuns to do your job.
>>
File: lel44.png (7KB, 215x285px) Image search: [Google]
lel44.png
7KB, 215x285px
>>14173153

>truckers
>fit

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahaahahahhahaahahhahahahaa.

Excuse me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>14173153
>>14173194
>new years resolution is no more fast food
>all truck stops are fast food
>literally just ordered a baconator seconds before posting this

I guess I'll never be thin
>>
>>14173153
If you can afford these or simple dumbbells work too.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ARYU58

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dumbbell+full+body+workouts

On a side note threads this year are starting out wonderfully and chock full of helpful posts
>>
>>14173221

You can bring healthy stuff with you dude, does your truck not have a minifridge? If not, buy a small Koolatron, they are like a portable minifridge that runs off your 12V outlet.

Fast food is just quick and easy, but it will kill you after a while. Don't kill yourself just to save an extra 5-6 minutes preparing a healthier meal.

You can even bring non-refrigerated stuff that's healthy, like canned goods or preserved stuff like pickles. Even if you're going to eat fast food, eat at Subway or something. Don't eat the shittiest of the absolute shit they serve.
>>
File: 1305066012688.jpg (9KB, 234x303px) Image search: [Google]
1305066012688.jpg
9KB, 234x303px
>>14172596
>starts kissing him at the end
>>
File: 140459285108.png (195KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
140459285108.png
195KB, 576x432px
>>14173299

He likes it when they play hard to get, especially across state lines in a stolen vehicle.
>>
>Source of air leak is waste gate actuator
>Leak closes at 80 PSI
So I get to drive to the yard and swap trucks instead of sitting on my ass waiting for repair.
>>
>>14172596
this is horrifying
>>
>>14173250
they put cockroaches in sandwiches at Subway
>>
>>14173615

It's only horrifying if you're a degenerate meth-head who runs from the police.

>>14173627

They piss in the Doritos at Taco Bell, make rats into burgers at McDonalds, and put human fingers in the chili at Wendy's.

Not to mention the copious amount of pubes in any fast food kitchen.

It's the risk you take, man. Roll the dice.
>>
>>14173153
There are plenty of gyms in half abandoned strip malls where you can fit the whole rig, especially after 6pm. As long as you aren't staying overnight nobody will bother you.

>>14172935
Truck market got BTFO in November and hasn't recovered. Some eggheads decided to Jay fick up their inventory in the first three quarters of 2015, and now that the fed is raising interest rates truck demand is softer than its been since 2007.

>>14173595
>wastegate
Lel.
>>
>>14173179
He's not a trucker. He works for Freightliner or Daimler or some shit doing something in the factory.

>>14173153
This is why I'm hesitant to go OTR. With my job now, I can eat all the garbage food I want and won't gain weight.
>>
>>14173788
Hey mane I ain't no mechanizerist, I don't know these words sometimes. I'm just going with what the gray bearded truck repair dude called it.
>>
>>14173788

Thanks for the honest answer

Not a good outlook then because the biggest layoff in our plants history was in '08. So it looks like I'm now staring down the barrel of being laid off after they fucking laid off 936 workers this morning below me.

t-time t-to ch-change c-career paths!
>>
>>14173896
That sucks man. You work on the assembly like for DTNA or something, right? Or is it some other RV's?

How long have you been there? And what % of the plant's workforce is being let go? Enjoy dat unemployment money if it happens.
>>
>>14173896
>laid off 936 workers this morning
holy shit
>>
File: 1390606895523.jpg (68KB, 539x363px) Image search: [Google]
1390606895523.jpg
68KB, 539x363px
>>14173807

But you're already fat, that's a moot point. And you smoke like a chimney. Basically, you'll be dead within the next decade.

>>14173896

>company disposes of disposable workers on a whim
>company sees it as a major win because they save all that money
>workers are utterly fucked because unskilled and uneducated
>oh no wat do

Should've gone to college, that's what. You can always take a dumb-dumb factory job with a college degree, but you can't work a decent job without one. It doesn't go both ways.
>>
>>14173194
10%bf here bra check yo self before yo shrek yo self
>>
>>14173153
I just eat less and have lost weight.

At first 1-2 meals a day sucked and I was pissy all the time, and now it still sucks but I don't have the energy to be pissy.
>>
So I just started working for a company that works on and installs loading dock equipment at warehouses. Dock levelers, doors, bumpers, shit like that.
You truck folk can really fuck some bumpers up.
>>
>>14174029
>you'll be dead within a decade
You know me so well...

Although the past couple months at my doc appointments, they have been saying my blood pressure has been great. Which considering how much I smoke and all the coffee I drink, that's an accomplishment.
>>
>>14170192
Is werner shit?
>>
>>14174142
I always thought Werner wasn't completely awful. It probably depends on how much your dispatcher likes you and how lucky you get.

Werner is a huge company like Swift, so I'm sure you get a lot of the similar mega-carrier problems.
>>
>>14174129
From what I can tell the bumpers just get fucked with time. I don't see how you can damage them any more or less by adjusting your backing.
>>
>>14174129
You should see our what happens to out trucks from the warehouse workers trying to move them around the yard. We have a few dumbass drivers that fuck up trucks, but every morning there is some different truck with a fucked up bumper or mirrors from the warehouse guys.

A couple months ago, I saw a 53' van (wasn't parked at a dock, just in one of the spots) that had been hit by a truck/ other trailer and was twisted like 25* in the spot, leaning to the side, and had a big dent on the corner.

There are some funny stories from the drivers too. Most of the problems come from a couple Haitian dudes. If you have ever met Haitians, they aren't the smartest people in the world. A while back, one dude missed a turn off some 4 lane road, stopped, and started reversing down a busy street and slammed into a car behind. He coulda just pulled a U-turn.

Like a week or two after that, another Islander hit a parked car with his trailer, spun the whole car around in the spot, and it ended up fucking up 2 other cars parked nearby. Dude didn't even notice and drove away (all these cars were on the driver's side of the truck too, so it is ridiculous how he didn't notice fucking up 3 cars). He got a call a little later from the salesman saying he better come back because the police are trying to charge him with hit and run.

A bunch of stuff you would expect teenage women to do.
>>
>>14174135
you're an unskilled fat sack of shit who can be disposed of at any minute. you have no future lol.
>>
>mfw this thread is full of burnouts like PepsiFag because they were too worthless to go to college
>>
>>14174394
But I did go to college...

>>14174369
Whatever. I figure I will be dead by the time automated trucks take over. Or maybe take some management job where I hate my life and go to bed stressed out every night. Fuck all that.

>Hey guys, I'm more important than you. I'm a pre-med major in my 3rd semester of bullshit classes!
Topkek.
>>
>>14174429

...to deliver some Pepsi products to the cafeteria.
>>
>>14174434
KEK
>>
>>14174434
Actually yes. But I sat in on a few classes as well. Not worth going into massive debt without knowing what you want to do.

If I decide I want to go back and grab a business degree or something, I'm going to make Pepsi pay for it. I like driving the ol' truck for now. I have no desire to be in some high-stress management job where I hate my life everyday just to make an extra $10k a year.

I've been in a management position before. I've helped run a business. I could go back with one text message. I don't want to at this point in my life.
>>
>>14174434
>>14174447
>samefagging this hard
I officially pity you. You clearly must be some low-functioning shut-in autist with no job or social life to resort to "trolling" on a Laotian radio show image board.
>>
>>14174461
sure ya could timmy, sure ya could.
>>
File: 3rt4.png (15KB, 1036x109px) Image search: [Google]
3rt4.png
15KB, 1036x109px
>>14174476
you tried
>>
>>14174482
I guess you don't know me that well.

Running a small business is stressful, especially when you have to deal with other employees. I was 2nd in charge at a restaurant when I lived in Chicago. Managed ~15 people. Whenever the owner wasn't there, I was in charge. When he went out of town, I had to run the place. It's always fun when you work all morning, are trying to leave at 4pm, somebody doesn't show up, so you have to work all night. I would rather drive the truck. At least when I clock out, I don't have to worry about the building burning down. And I could never sit inside an office or cubicle all day. I would want to put a bullet through my head.

I may be a dumbass, but I'm not totally useless. I normally do pretty well when I care about something. Unfortunately, I didn't care about an engineering degree so I have a bunch of useless college credits and a mild understanding of CAD and physics.
>>
File: 434343.png (29KB, 1122x430px) Image search: [Google]
434343.png
29KB, 1122x430px
>>14174476

Sorry faggot, but no.
>>
>>14174540

That's why you don't be a 2nd in command cuck, you OWN the place. If you're a store manager or something, you are basically doing the same level of work as the owner, and getting a tiny portion of the profits.

The store I work at right now...I'm just a part timer paying for college, but the store manager is there all the time. He's constantly doing shit on his lunch, after hours, at home, etc.

Store owners come in 4-5 days a week, for maybe 5-6 hours MAX each day. Take holidays whenever they want, do whatever they want with the business, etc.
They each take home over $100,000, and the store manager makes about half as much.

Don't be a cuck.
>>
>>14174476
Bruh, he is a "Pre-Med" major. He is way more important than us. Imagine the stuff he might do in 15 years! He is going to be the Surgeon General while we are asking lot lizards to marry us.

I wish I was so young and naive to think a "Pre-Med Major" actually meant something.
>>
>>14174576
I don't think I would want to be the owner. I had to run the place by myself when the owner was out of town. He paid me decent and everything, but it was just too much stuff to worry about. At least when I was there, he could go away for a weekend and not have to stress. He could even go out of town for a week or two. Since I left, I don't think he has been able to do that while the restaurant is open. He went to Oregon for a wedding for a week when I worked there, and I think that is the only time he has left for more than a weekend to his lakehouse since he has owned the place. I feel bad for him. He hasn't found anybody who he feels confident enough in.

And even though he may only be there a few hours in the morning, he has to worry about all the other stuff like payroll, taxes, ordering all the supplies, advertising, special events, etc. Plus hiring and firing people, scheduling, and his income is directly dependent on all of this stuff. He has done a good job though, totally turned around the business since he bought it and grows every year.

I told him to open one on the beach down here in FL. He was seriously thinking about it for a while. But the place in Chicago closes down in the winter and he likes that time to relax.
>>
>>14174489
>>14174561
>look guise, when I'm samefagging I post from my phone too so I can claim I'm not samefagging!
You're not very smart.
>>14174577
Huehue. I used to think college meant something. It used to, before my time. It's damn near meaningless these days though, unless you really are smart as fuck, and driven as well. I got the smart part down, mostly, but not the drive. I went to school for Linux Systems Administration and High Performance (read: Cluster) Computing. Dropped out because the classes bored me and I knew there wouldn't be jobs in my home area for that field, except maybe Oak Ridge National Labs, but I sure as hell wasn't getting in there fresh out of school.
>>
>>14174629
Owning a business is not a "five to six hours, 3 days a week" job like the samefag likes to claim. I worked at a gas station that was privately owned and operated when I was young. It's true the owners were only in there that much each week. But they also owned four other businesses in the area, including a golf course. They spent as much time at those places as well. They didn't have a lot of R&R time, they were busting ass trying to keep the businesses running and putting their money towards their retirement so they wouldn't have to worry about that when the time came. Business ownership isn't a free million dollar lottery ticket.
>>
>>14174703

Who the fuck are you even talking to at this point? Do you think there's like 3 people in this entire thread?

>>14174727

You're a trucker, you don't know shit about anything. You worked at a gas station when you were young, whoopy doo you faggot loser. Some people own several businesses, others only own one. If it's successful enough, they don't need to own a few. Most gas stations and convenience stores are one of several owned by a family. Larger businesses, like insurance agencies or lawyer's offices, are not.

Not that you'd have any experience working in anything more than a fucking gas station, you degenerate loser.
>>
>>14174629

>this fucking delusional burnout
you will never amount to anything in your life.

"b-b-but i could do it if i tried" is something literal teenagers say. fuck up faggot.
>>
>>14174727
Being a business owner is still better than being some cucked store manager who gives his left nut for the business but doesn't get any of the perks of ownership.
>>
>>14174727
>>14174703
Why are you so damn reasonable?

I forget sometimes that there are so many naive kids on this website like the samefag who always pops in here.

And I'm not going all out and saying degrees are useless, but they are much less valuable than they used to be. You really do have to pick the right degree. And it will either be a boring ass job crunching numbers for $70k a year, or something decent but you have to work for $40k a year for 20 years before you have enough experience for people to take you seriously.

If the latter is the case with the degree, you might as well just learn a trade. If you aren't totally retarded, you should be in the top of whatever field you are in and will always be in-demand and be able to ask for a lot of money. That's kinda what happened with my dad.

He did HVAC for years and years. And he took the initiative to learn everything he could, became pretty well-known among the people in the area, and he never had to do any of the bust-ass jobs later in his life. He would sell new accounts, design fancy computerized systems for high rises, and tell other people how to do the hard work. He made well over $100k/yr. His one company got bought out, and he went to another company and was immediately able to demand a lot of money. Too bad his alcoholism became bad in the end and he fucked everything up before it killed him.
>>
>>14174761
>>14174746
Goddamn these kids really are smart these days. I wish I were that smart. 19 and they have the whole world figured out.

>tfw I thought I knew everything back then too

I gotta work tomorrow and should probably get some sleep. Have fun shitposting kid. If I were you, I would get outside instead of sitting at your computer. Talk to some people. Better yet, listen to some people. You obviously have quite a bit to learn.

Good luck with that attitude tho. I hope your trust fund is real fat. That's the only way people with that attitude are able to survive.
>>
>>14174784
Because I have been humbled by being the middle child in a damn-near poverty stricken household all my life. Life is a fucking struggle, but you've got to figure out how to make it work, and how to chill sometimes and just never let shit get to you.
>>
Well it looks like trucking is a no go for me I have tinnitus and the inside of a cab is way too loud. I don't want my tinnitus to get any worse.
>>
>>14176127
Good. Go to college. Get some certifications. Waking up at 4am for work kinda sucks.

I have so many people talk to me about wanting to get their CDL when I am delivering to food and retail places. It's not a bad way to make some money within a year, but it isn't the easy way out.

90% of the reason I got mine is because delivering pizzas was the one job I didn't mind doing and I like driving. When I was like 16, we took the SAT's and alongside we took some career placement test. Along with an 800 in math, the test told me I should be a truck/bus driver, ship captain, or pilot.
>>
>>14176206
go to bed u fgt and stop feeding the trolls, you crazy math wizard.
>>
>>14176224
Man, I'm up now. About to hop in the shower and head to work.

And I think I got lucky on the SAT, I ony did a 33 on the ACT.
>>
>>14176234
I got a 35 my second time. Anything over a 30 is enough to get you in anywhere for free in the US that's worth going
>>
File: 1451710793072.png (7KB, 273x275px) Image search: [Google]
1451710793072.png
7KB, 273x275px
i think it's ogre for me
>>
>>14174029

I have a college degree, I'd call my labor semi-skilled because I have no certifications yet. I'll be fine, I just gotta find a new job. I was actually working my way towards a welding cert and getting into the welding department at work.

>>14173948

DTNA, we build class 8 Freightliners/Western Stars. Been here two years, so not very long, and it looks like they're gonna end up dumping half the work workforce before it's over with barring a miracle. We just went from 2,800 employees to just over 1,800 employees, and with the info TF gave me it's likely that the other 300-400 or so will be let go not too far from now. desu if I go to school to get some certifications I can ride unemployment and the company pays for related manufacturing certs iirc
>>
>>14176380
That would be straight if you could get the welding certs done while getting unemployment. Especially if you can somehow get Daimler to pay for it. Pepsi has a program like that. They will pay $5000/semester if you go to school and work towards any degree that could be used within the company.

I knew you worked for Daimler in dome aspect, but I thought for some reason you might be building RV's. Maybe that is another anon who is always posting pics of custom RV's.
>>
File: muhwork.jpg (98KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
muhwork.jpg
98KB, 720x960px
>>14176399

Our custom RV chassis plant is in SC
>>
>>14176408
Ok. So you work with the RV's mostly but your plant also does Freightliners and Western Stars, right?
>>
California fag who hardly ever sees sub 40 degree temps here, how the fug do I stay warm when the engine won't run hot enough for the heater to work at idle?
>>
>at a receiver last night
>really tight dock doors
>very little play room in front
>manage to get the trailer straight towards the hold the first time
>guy in a local truck is in front of my as I'm trying to straighten the tractor out
>very, very little room to pull up around him
>ask him to get out and watch my bumper
>after three pull ups, I finally cleared it
>walking around truck looking at shit to pass time shortly after
>notice a fine scratch on the top of my hood
>loom at his mirror
>the bottom of it ran just barely along the top of my hood
>no damage to his truck at all
>now have an ugly scratch about four inches long on my hood

How do I fix this? I told my company about it and they were cool with it, bit fixing it would be out of my pocket. Tried toothpaste and it kind of fixed it. It only seems to be the clear coat, so what will work really well the make it seamless?
>>
So there were two air leaks. One at the Back Pressure Valve, the other at that actuator next to the turbo. Gonna be sitting for a few hours while the shop fixes it. Least they'll fix the inverter while I'm here too.
>>
>tfw didnt even know how to drive stick shift 3 months ago now im driving a huge crane truck for 21/hr at 21

Being a driver is the shit currently just chilling at a gas station my next job isnt until 1 but im not showing up there yet because they always ask for help
>>
>>14177069
>3 pullups
>hitting stuff

Women comfirmed
>>
>>14177180
I dont even know what any of that stuff is just realized i needed to add coolant the other day after 3 months of it beeing low
>>
>>14177377
Yeah. My truck had a bad coolant sensor when I got it. Wonder if it's because the previous driver literally never checked it and it had leaked nearly completely dry.
>>
>>14177428
Probably mechanics are shit and expect me do everything short of replacing a transmission fucking grease monkey faggots
>>
>>14177444
I'm only required to keep up with fluids, at least those that can be bought at a truck stop. Had a serviceable wheel hub get low and they topped it off since you can't buy that shit at a Pilot.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 576x1024px
Muh fur children. I wish I could bring either one on the truck with me but the cat would run off at the first stop, and the dog would need to go to the bathroom every other hour. I need to take her to a vet.
>>
>>14173153
According to T-fag himself, flatbedding.

Otherwise, you have a goddamn truck. Buy some basic weights, or ghetto-rig up water bottles for lifting. Do sit-ups, crunches, whatever in the sleeper. Pull-ups on the trailer, maybe jog or run around the truck stop when you pull in.
Don't overeat. Maybe make your own healthier sandwiches; bread and preserved meats don't need refrigerating.
>>
>>14177358

I'm sorry =(
>>
File: 20160105_144938.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160105_144938.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>14177609
Road dog master race
>>
File: 1428799718340.jpg (57KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1428799718340.jpg
57KB, 245x200px
>>14173688
thanks , going to make oatz now.
nice dubs
>>
File: 20150716_123221.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150716_123221.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>14176206
>waking up at 4am for work
You're doing this whole CDL thing wrong. I haven't been out of bed before noon in a month.

>>14176425
Bruh. U wot?

>>14177043
Check your coolant level, and heater core shut off valves. Idle should be hot enough to get air up around 100F until it's under 0F outside as long as your aren't parked nose to the wind like some kind of moron.

>>14177180
>actuator next to the turbo
You're going to be there more than a few hours for a new V-pod unless they're going pants on head retarded and not calibrating it after install.

>>14177778
He really needs to be standing any time he isn't driving, as well.

>>14177609
>>14178341
Road cat mustard space.
>>
>>14178502
Yeah it ended up being like 5 hours. Got an easy haul to Memphis though so at least it's not a totally wasted day, might even get breakdown pay since they didn't have any spare trucks for me to keep driving in.
>>
File: IMAG0060.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0060.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
Bruh this shit aint supposed to be like this in California
>>
>>14177377

>Adding coolant

My reservoir has been leaking a couple drops a day for that last 4 months. Its finally starting to creep on the low line, but its so damn cold and the therostat is stuck open, so I don't really care right now. It can run dry at this point, maybe I'll have some damn heat.
>>
Greetings truckers, long time cdl holder here. I just finally upgraded my license to have doubles and triples was for my new job. I've never driven doubles or triples before what do I need to be aware of? Is it really as dangerous as it's made out to be?
>>
>>14178838
>taking pics
>while driving
>in torrential rain
>in a populated area

goddammit whiney-kun .
>>
>>14179373
Kek, haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a hot minute. Reckon he must've actually told swift to fuck off for a week for making him miss the holidays.
>>
File: 1452036340986.jpg (880KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1452036340986.jpg
880KB, 2048x1152px
>>14179390
Wasn't he taking a week off? He's probably getting pulled over for hooning again.

>no shower in 3 days. Really need to shit
>see this.
Looks like no shower in 4 days...
My beard is at the "mildly irritating" height now too..
>>
Do you think trucks will become completely autonomous in my lifetime? (I'm 23)

only reason I don't get my CDL is because I don't want to be 45 and get replaced by a computer, I'm not talking adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, ect ... I'm talking becoming totally driverless.

Do you think one day trucks will be driven remotely, like drones?
>>
>>14179595
Yeah I stopped for a shower earlier today. Needed it pretty badly.
>>14179611
>le totally driverless truck meme again
Bitter college graduate alias shitposting get old?
>>
File: IMG_20150904_230411.jpg (391KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150904_230411.jpg
391KB, 1600x1200px
>>14179373
Tpppphhhh are you 16?
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 640x1136px
>>14179665
Noice...

I just ordered pic related. Seems really cheap so we'll see what happens. I wanted a decent knife for fishin, but wasn't trying to spend a ton because I am actually going to use it. I'm hoping it is enough to kill some snakeheads.
>>
>>14179644
I didn't go to college I do IT i have some certs not making as much money as I thought I would be ...

But I was being serious

Wouldn't autonomous trucks driving dedicated routes be a good idea? Would put people out of work
>>
>>14179706
Won't happen in our lifetime, not until we have near-sentient robots that can tend to the trucks as needed when on the road, like coupling, chaining, paperwork, etc.
>>
>>14179706
>>14179611
I'll say it again, trains aren't even allowed to run without a conductor. No way autonomous trucks will be on the road with regular cars any time in the near future. The stakes are too high.

If it happens, I imagine it will be a whole new transpotation system where all vehicles are automated. Unless every single lawyer on the planet dies, there's no way that dumbasses in cars could share the same road as 40ton trucks driven by a computer.
>>
>>14179728
these can all be done at the warehouses, the truck can be checked ready to go, and be set on it's way. It can stop at predesignated charging stops, or its solar topped dry/reefer trailer can charge it as it drives ... because the first autonomous trucks will be electric I can guarantee that. With alot less necessary components to break with it's electric setup, why not?
>>
>>14179769
>i have no idea how logistics works
>>
>>14179665
Nah, but I'll take any excuse to piss on whiney
>>
>>14179798
you're right I don't, but I do know how technology works
>>
>>14179769
>first autonomous trucks will be electric
>I guarantee
And you think even electric trucks will happen in our lifetime? There's one electric truck in Europe, it has like a 30 mile range.
>>
>>14179836
a lifetime could be a while, at the rate tech is growing, it will be quite possible, maybe 40, 50 years from now, an electric truck, maybe not autonomous fully, capable of pulling adequate weight, also with a decent range, trailer charging capabilities, it's already being researched and tested
>>
>>14179878
An electric truck I could see.

Most of a tesla's weight is in batteries, and if they could make a heavy mover as efficient as a model s, pound for pound you would have a range of ~1200 miles.

The bugger is in the middle bit, and right now nobody seems very interested in making those electric motors efficient for big trucks.
>>
>>14178502
It was the coolant level, fuckin Niggernational HoeStar chugs it like my ex gf chugs nigger cum. For a 3 year old, 300k mile truck it sure is a piece of shit.
>>
>>14179900
need a megacorp like walmart or something to invest in it, if someone pays enough someone will pick it up

the reliability of an electric truck would be a game changer alone
>>
>>14177043
Like Tfag says, if idling isn't keeping your coolant warm, something is wrong. Low coolant, bad thermostat, bad heater blend valve, kinked heater core hose, something.
>>
>>14179931
And yet just yesterday I was talking to a guy who swears by International. He's bought 4 and has guys running them. The absolute madman.
>>
>>14180081
He's only Absolute Madman tier if they all have Maxxforces in them. I'd hate my Prostar a lot less if it had an ISX.
>>
>>14179390
He probably just can't find the damn thread because somebody forgot to name it.

>>14179611
>Do you think trucks will become completely autonomous in my lifetime?
Standard answer: No, just mostly autonomous, they'll still need a driver in the cab to monitor shit, get out to do chain-ups, do on-road repairs, etc, same as planes still need pilots sitting in the chairs even though autopilot can do pretty much everything now.
>Do you think one day trucks will be driven remotely, like drones?
No, same standard answer, someone has to be there to put hands on shit and make sure the truck stays rolling. Actual driving/lane-keeping is not the hard part to automate.
>>
>>14180142
I can't remember what they've got because he used some redneck nickname I had never heard, something about 15 liters I think.
>>14180148
Kek yeah, my bad.
>>
>>14176425

No, we build Cascadias, RHD columbias, argosy's, and other shit for RHD markets.

Along with Western Star. We have nothing to do with RV custom chassis
>>
>>14180422
>Argosy
I saw a new one of those in Colorado not that long ago. Thought I was hallucinating. Guess they're still available in the US as gliders.
>>
>>14180500

We ran a fleet of LHD ones about two summers ago for a dakkar team or something I think

If you flash around enough money at a Freightliner dealer I'm sure they'll get one ordered for you. idk how the new emission standards would work with that, but you don't know till you try
>>
>>14180523
They're interesting but I don't want one, especially with the goofy new Tonka truck grill. All I really want is a T660 with a decent ISX and a 13 speed.
>>
>>14180684

desu cabovers are dildos, I don't know why truckers like them

The cabin is cramped feeling as fuck compared to a standard long nose tractor
>>
>>14179358
They don't call them wiggle wagons for nothing.
>>
>>14181774
don't they?
>>
>some Arab fucker makes fun of me for not being able to back in a space with a daycab
>it's pouring rain, dark as fuck and can't see shit
>ends up helping me out by staying in the rain and helping me dock

I don't know if I like him out not
>>
>>14181774
Ay TF, I remembered seeing a utility truck a few weeks ago with fucking balloon tires on it, they were damn near spherical. Any idea why the hell a utility truck would be outfitted like that?
>>14181875
>Arab
>being a dick, given the situation you were maneuvering in
>helping you
+1
>helping you while standing in the fucking rain
+1
Net 0. Hmm, maybe make that -2 for
>Arab
…your call.
>>
File: 1452086969137.jpg (473KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1452086969137.jpg
473KB, 2048x1152px
>get to cons
>foggy as fuck can't see shit
>local driver who was having brekkie says he thinks this is the place before taking off.
>dispatch hasn't spoken to me in two days.
Great. Time for my reflective jacket and high powered flashlight walk.
>long high pitched wail of the train passing by
Perfect. I'm going to be shot.
>>
>got job as groundman with duke energy
>just got cdl
>everything is in automatic
Y-you too..
>>
>>14174129
It's all about timing when you hit the brakes backing so you don't slam into the dock or ya don't ride them and sound like a walrus' mating call. MAAAROO-OOH-A-OOHWA

WANTED: Steering wheel holders, common sense and backing skills not necessary.

>>14174727
>Business ownership isn't a free million dollar lottery ticket.
Truth right here.

>>14176206
I wake up at 2 most mornings, in any case keep on keepin' on.

>>14179358
>>14181774
That shit's sketchy as fuck to pass in any weather condition.
>>
>finish about 1am
>homeless guy going through dumpsters like always
>come back to work 9am
>batteries stolen

welp
>>
>>14185024
Hah, damn that sucks mang.

>Arrive at shipper
>Back truck in, get everything perfect, zero pull ups
>Feelin' gud
>Remind myself that this place has a fucking square mile of concrete to maneuver on so any dipshit could back a trailer here
Dommot cynicism.
>>
File: IMAG0063.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0063.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
>>14185076
Today's off to a great start

>get batteries
>about 40 minutes driving
>get a stop engine alarm
>stop
>belts ripped
>coolant hose ripped
>coolant fucking everywhere
>leaking a shitton of coolant
>smoking engine

Guess I'm not working today
>>
>>14185299
You almost have worse luck than I've had with this Peterbilt.
>>
>>14185429

No one gives a flying fuck you faggot, why do you treat this board like your personal blog?
>>
File: ismellafaggot.gif (1MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
ismellafaggot.gif
1MB, 267x199px
>>14185299
you spillin' kool-aid? OH NOOO!!!

Whenever someone mentions coolant I chuckle and wanna say kool-aid. Damn you Amiri King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcQ9qoxZPQ4

>>14185432
Someone pissed in 'is Cornflakes and shit in 'is Cheerios.
>>
>>14185076
Wide open docks are the hardest to get into.

All that negative space, no visual cues
>>
>>14185963
'Peterbilts always break down, especially in Gatlinburg.'
Wonder where he's from. He hates Gatlinburg an awful lot.
>>14185978
Nah this one had a yellow line to put your left wheels on and line up with. This dock was world 1-1 easy.
>>
>>14186013
This is about as hard as it gets in the flatbed world.

I had to set up three times. I was so embarassed.
>>
should i get my CDL or take a loan and go to college for something

i have 15k in savings and no debt im 24
>>
>>14186909
Go to college

Literally everyone here will tell you to go to college, only go into trucking if you literally cannot get a job anywhere else useful
>>
>>14186972
is trucking really that bad, it doesn't seem that bad
>>
>>14187001
It's not that bad but you can get into it any time you want. College, not so much. Go to college first, you can go truckin with us later, if other plans don't work out for you.
>>
File: Jan_6_2016_466.jpg (141KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_6_2016_466.jpg
141KB, 540x960px
>>14186085
This was my worst. They couldn't find the keys for the gate I was supposed to go into, so I had to back into the other one. Anywhere in this picture that looks like an obvious "why the fuck didn't you drive in and turn around there" was completely filled with staged material for a Detroit lighting project. Took about half an hour to back in and 4 hours to unload.

>>14187001
Not if you're smart enough to run a business correctly and are willing to invest 5 years in starting one.
>>
>>14187065
>>14186972
Yup

>>14187001
I think it's safe to say that most of us here had the opportunity to get an education, but either wasted it and/or our situations changed where we needed a real income immediately.

If you still have the change to mooch off your parents for a couple years and get a worthwhile degree, go do that. Even if you can't do that, I would look into some certifications in a good field where you can make money.

Idk how many other drivers feel like this, but being a truck driver, I don't really feel like I'm guaranteed to get steady raises and move up the ladder with my career as I get older. I mean I can switch to an easier job than Pepsi, but as long as I'm just a local driver, I don't forsee myself making bank by the time I'm 40. Other careers have more promise for the future it seems. I know Tfag doesn't quite agree with this, but he dreams of owning a fleet one day. Hopefully it works out. I could go into sales or management eventually, but I'm not sure if I want to.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 640x1136px
>>14187068
That's ridiculous

I did pic related today. Impresive, right?!

It's actually kinda tight because there's a bunch of dumpsters around and there are bushes and a fence along the back, so there isn't much room to turn the cab when you want to straighten out. At least there isn't much traffic. I constantly blindside back off of busy streets into small gas stations, and people are dumb as fuck when they pull up right behind the side of my trailer. I love just sitting there and watching them get pissed off because they didn't leave me room to complete the turn.
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 750x1334px
>>14187148
I did this in New Jersey. Red is the initial approach, Purple is me the next morning (grocery store let me sleep next to their building in the basement parking exit ramp after it closed) heading up the street to turn around in a dirt lot, green is the final approach after learning where the actual dock was. That wide left turn at the lower right of the green path involved pushing the tandems all the way up and going off road onto the railroad's gravel embankment to avoid a tree in the sidewalk (it's a sharp left corner obv.) then backing down the street into the dock after another truck pulled out. It was nuts. Also look up Piedmont, WV on Google Maps sometime and turn on satellite view. Accidentally turned into there from that little bridge over the river at the north of that little town there. That fat street west of Ashfield St, Lyons, is actually split-level, the lower level being like 6 feet lower. It was fun weaseling out of that town.
>>
>>14185963
>Not only does it have a metal thing, it also has two gallons of fruit punch!

lost my shit
>>
>>14187497
Look up his Chevy Silver-ayy-do video.
>Made with real tornadoes.
>>
>>14179706
>You again.

No.
>>
>>14187444
Ugh I know what you mean about those right turns when the streets are at angles <90*. You have to swing it so wide and still hop the curb.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-W96lVRhzI
>>
>>14188116
That one was a left turn and it still hopped the curb, while I had all six wheels of the truck off-road on the opposite side of the street. Fucking jersey, man. With the tandems still full forward for maximum maneuverability, my trailer nearly clipped a garbage truck's mirror on a fucking interstate ramp, one of the sharp curve "cup handle" types with traffic going both ways around it. Jersey should just outlaw trucks with few exceptions and require deliveries by straight truck in the outlaw areas, it's too damned small for semis.
>>
>>14188138
How the fuck did that guy even pass the tests to get a CDL? Goddamn.
>>
Anybody truckers here haul sugar beets?
>>
>>14177778
What about unloading my own truck like how family dollar does it would that work?
>>
> be me, looking at OTR companies to apply with
> automatically disqualify any company that only runs with Intertrashional Prostars or has a lot of them (Poly, Swift, Hirschbach, etc)

Am I being retarded? All I ever hear about Prostars is how shitty they are. It would suck balls getting stuck OTR with a truck that's uncomfortable, poorly made and constantly breaks down.
>>
>>14188804

Not sure if this would work but you could unload the truck yourself at shippers/recievers that use lumpers.

Although I imagine most large trucking companies don't allow this because of liability.
>>
Whats a good school that isn't a accelerated course? I have my permit. Was doing swift for a bit. They expect you to know how to do everything by your second day. I'm a slow as fuck learner. So any advice would be great.
>>
File: cdl2016.png (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
cdl2016.png
1MB, 1080x608px
We're all gonna make it bros
>>
>>14189696
>5'9"
>230
>gayward
>getting your license at legal drinking age
have you considered killing yourself?
>>
File: 1357482299090.jpg (672KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1357482299090.jpg
672KB, 500x500px
>>14189735
>have you considered killing yourself?
Yeah, but I turned to truck driving instead
>>
>>14189744
I live in the south bay with all of the azns. How do you like living in the east bay with the nigs?
>>
File: 1423639386701.jpg (107KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1423639386701.jpg
107KB, 500x637px
>>14189775
S'alright. Not many of them here in Hayward.
As long as you don't live in the cities near Oakland (San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Berkeley) you won't seem a lot of them.
>>
>>14188341
Don't have to park anywhere near another truck to get a CDL.

>>14188469
Closest I've done is onions. Can they load augar beets in 50lb sacks?

>>14188804
I've done it. It's not worth dealing with the high school drop out managers on power trips.

>>14188813
All modern fleet trucks are garbage. Haven't given the latest paccar models a shot yet, but they look like they could go either way. There are companies that Falcon and Gully that still run 9200's and FLDs, but they seem scummy as fuck.

>>14189139
>unloading 800 cases of refried beans by hand
>get paid $30 for two hours of work
Fucking why? Just let the company pay the lumper $250 to take 6 hours to get it off.

>>14189463
Anything at a CC. They give you two weeks before you're a certified moron, but you can take the course as many times as you need to figure out where 3rd gear is.

>>14189744
Iktf. It's almost as good as being dead.
>>
Rain day boys its going to be a nice weekend
>>
If I'm rejected during orientation/training do I actually have to tell that to other companies I apply to? Or won't they ever find out?
>>
>>14190840
No, you don't have to tell them, but if you list that company as a previous employer, a potential employer may call them and ask why you were let go. They can't say much, by law, of course. I wouldn't worry about it really.
>>
>>14190915
Ok. I can't help but worry about it being on my DAC. I'll have to wait until I get sent a copy so I know how to proceed.
>>
>>14191071
Did you hit something?
>>
>>14190840
What were you rejected for?
>>
No. I was supposedly driving too fast in light rain at one point and I spooked my trainer going around a slight bend in the road. I was about 5 below the speed limit and there were no signs marking the bend. No sensors went off or anything but I guess he casually mentioned it to the training dept. and they freaked out.
I think that being terminated for any reason can show up in there and if it's detailled enough that I can't bullshit around it then I'll have a hard fucking time finding a decent job as a new driver.
>>
>>14191239
Ah hell that doesn't sound bad at all. Just explain it like that in the off chance someone wants to know.
>>
>>14189744
>Yeah, but I turned to truck driving instead
Literally me.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Kek, some idiot tried to turn around in the cop spot in the interstate median and got pulled over.

Also snapped some pics of a mangled Swift truck the other day.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>14192290
2/3
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>14192298
3/3
>>
>>14192302
Toasty!
>>
How did yall start with trucking? Did you just jump right into it? Did you drive a dump truck or school bus first? Did you always like driving?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14192559
I delivered pizzas in my Cavalier first.
>>
>>14192559
I've always enjoyed driving anything anywhere for no reason. Went to a 3 week class and made it my job.
>>
>>14189139
Easy way to destroy your back for no money.

Let other people do it.
>>
Does the ass pain go away eventually, or should I invest in a seat cushion?
>>
>>14193350
invest in a better seat
>>
>>14170712
How is it frightening? Seems like a great idea to me.
>>
>>14189463
Try a private trucking school. I just spent a month at a local one + extra practice time.

pros
>6-8 hour days. They are flexible.
>the course you practice on every day is the same place the examination is
>After the course ended I was provided unlimited wheel time to practice for the tests.

cons
>standing around in a parking lot waiting for Javier and Ivan to line up a trailer on painted lines
>4 students to a truck
>>
>>14193350
It goes away pretty quickly then it starts to feel good ;-)
>>
>>14190131
No, beets aren't bagged like onions. They are hauled on a flatbed from a giant pile to the suger refiner. I was just wondering how it was. Because the local refiner is always looking for cdl drivers to haul beets in the winter.
>>
>>14192302
Your pictures are too large and my data plan is too pleb. I imagine this might be a picture of a burned truck.
>>
>>14196732
Yeah sorry about that. iPhone cannot into compression apparently. I'll have to start fixing them.
>>
Looks like I'm hauling nothing but steel this week.
>we steel hauler now

>>14195424
>have a flatbed
>into doing stupid shit with it like that
Got them digits?

I've hauled railroad spikes like that. Loaded with a knuckle boom, unloaded with a magnet boom. It's pretty cash.

>>14196833
>>14196732
What did you expect from a child's phone?
>>
>>14197159
Well I would be using an android device, but one buggy phone too many has left me irate with Android so I jumped ship.
>>
>>14197167
I hate them for other reasons, but samsung android stuff is pretty well polished. Naturally, so are all the Nexus devices.
>>
>>14196732
Burned to the fucking ground is more like it.
>>
>>14197255
I had a Nexus 6, Google's very own flagship, running bone stock unmodified Android with the latest updates. It had a six month old bug where it would lose mobile data capability entirely, and Google wouldn't fix it or talk about it because it only affected Sprint and T-Mobile.
>>
>>14197280

>not using a Samsung Galaxy

It's like you wanted to be a disappointed pleb.
>>
>>14197280
that would make it a carrier issue then. I can't knock my Xperia just because Verizon decided to not allow data & voice at the same time.
>>
>>14197306
>Samshit
Oneplus is where it's at nigguh.
>>
>>14173221
How is veggie an fruit form, how is veggie and fruit formed? How girl get pregnat? They need to do way instain burger
who kill thier burgers. becuse these burgers cant frigth back? it was on the news this mroing a driver in trak who had kill his three burgers. they are taking the three burgers back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the resturant who lost his sandwhich ; i am truley sorry for your lots
>>
>>14197318
Except it's not related to carrier restrictions and it wasn't happening before the last update, and a Google employee acknowledged it is in fact a bug in the latest update, but now there's total radio silence on the issue since AT&T and Verizon N6's aren't affected.
>>
File: IMG_20160108_123659.jpg (3MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160108_123659.jpg
3MB, 3088x4160px
did I just fuck my shit up?
>>
>>14187444
>Be fleet controller.
>Automotive logistics.
>A bunch of dealerships in one area outsource predelivery to a single recieval yard.
>Go out and check out site before they open, inspect yard.
>Bretty good.
>Lots of space, good approach, bit of a steep incline on right hand side, but it should be no issue if driver obeys traffic management plan.
>Distribute site information to drivers.
>All hunky dory with my three packs.
Flash forward two days.
>First twin deck goes in (initial orders were slow as dealerships swapped over slowly).
>Calls me at 2200.
>Ask driver what's the issue, expecting him to tell me his hydraulics were fucked or his truck ate a bucket head.
"I'm stuck."
>What do you mean you're stuck?
"The trailer has bottomed out and I can't move."
>All our trailers are at the bare minimum legal height, so we can get extra height on the twin deck.
>The DC had started parking along the left hand side at the truck entrance, as it's not an issue during the day when they're all parked up.
>Driver thought he didn't have to abide by the TMP because it was a dead delivery and he wouldn't have to worry about hitting anyone.
>Get out of bed, drive for a half hour to get there.
>Yep, he's stuck.
>Can't just drag it out because pneumatic lines are vulnerable on the bottom of the trailers.
>Get him to unload onto the street and drop the trailer.
>Call in a favor and get a heavy lift out there.
>He has to push his bags to the limit to get the trailer clear.
>Tips of ramps start dragging.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE.webm
>>
>>14197547
As someone who drives trucks half the size of yours, oh boy. Have fun with that.
>>
>Put truck in shop
>Have them replace drive tires
>Get truck back
>Mix n match drives and two are not replaced
>New tire blows out on freeway
>Limp to a Love's

Only me.
>>
>>14197547
Fuggin dock pads are really meant to work with roll up doors, so yes.

>>14197792
Its as if you like sitting on your hands. I can't say ass cuz well you're always doing that.
>>
>>14197792
You need to make a YouTube channel with daily vlogs, some of the shit that happens to you is hilarious
>>
>get tandems fixed
>broken next day

I didn't pay for this
>>
>>14197547
Maybe not. They can flex a little.
>>
>>14197159
Here's the number to see if they need beet haulers. Btw its in SE North Dakota.

(701) 671-1338
>>
>>14179665
How do you watch TV and drive a fucking truck.. are you some type of idiot ?
>>
>>14199177
>RPM x 1000

Are you?
>>
>>14198463
>>14197792

There needs to be some sort of angieslist/yelp/whatever rating site so truckers know which shops actually will fix their shit, and which shops will leave you with a problem that shows up a couple hours down the road.
>>
File: 1452302692623.jpg (563KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1452302692623.jpg
563KB, 2048x1152px
>>14197792
You get what you pay for. And you didn't pay for shit. So you got jack. I think I've mentioned this before but at Werner at HQ. I had to get brake pads replaced due to them being like an inch too small. I was literally stopping with nothing but front brakes for like two days. So it takes them all day. And they swap them out with the exact same sized brake pads. They then fought with me about it for another 2 hours till I dragged a mechanic out there and made him look.

>pull into shop for Def cause less than 2 gallons left.
>mention the issue I was having with filling
"Oh yeah,fuel department will only give you a gallon now on the card"
>ask when they planned on telling us
He then looked at me confused and asked for my apu hours
And then an hour later I was asked again because he wrote it wrong.
>>
>>14199447
This was the Swift Terminal shop though.
>>
>>14200741
Instant 1 star
>>
>>14200741
> even the mechanics at Swift are bad at their jobs

like poetry
>>
>>14200849
>>14200859

A big red flag was when I asked one of the mechanics where he got certified and he said he wasn't. 10/10 will go back again.
>>
>>14200906
This is why they tell you to do breakdown calls. They know the company shops are black holes
>>
>>14197792
I start with Schneider Bulk next week. Your luck seems to suck as bad as mine. I will use your posts as inspiration to keep going.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
R8 your interior thread, truckerfag edition?
>>
>>14200906

I can not even begin to imagine how shitty life would be as a mechanic for Swift
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14202151
I saw a cockroach in the truck today
>>
>>14200906
>get assigned random old truck the other day
>try to start pre-trip on the computer
>computer says the truck was downed, has a shattered passenger side mirror
>fleet automatically gets notified whenever a truck is written up by the computer
>Fleet shoulda pulled truck, and warehouse is lazy and retarded for even loading it. Also driver fucked up.
I think the Pepsi mechanics may be worse. They are not only incredibly lazy, but they half-ass everything. They won't even work on lots of the most common stuff. They don't change tires, don't work on pallet jacks, and refuse to touch a truck that is still covered under warranty. They use outside companies for all of these things. And the wiring in any of the older trucks looks like such a clusterfuck, I'm suprised most of them haven't gone up in flames.

They are actually looking for a couple new fleet mechanics
>Must have Class A
>Must pass technical assessment
One of the mechanics told me I should go for it. They want to hire 2 people ASAP
>>
>>14202491
I can see this ending badly.
Now they'll give you the shit routes AND a broken truck
>>
>>14202960
"We trained you to be a mechanic before lunch, so why can't you fix the truck now and finish your route?"

Reminder to gtfo of that place.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>Been sitting on exit ramp for about 5 minutes, no sign of traffic moving
>Sign says utility work
>Check GMaps
>Accidents on the highway that the exits connect to, in both directions
FFFFUUUU
>>
>>14203186
A jeep literally just went mudding up the hill back onto the interstate.
>>
>>14203063
I really do need to get a different job. Pepsi is pretty fucked up, but my immediate boss is cool. I just don't want to end up somewhere more dysfunctional than Pepsi (although it will be hard to top that place).

I also don't want to learn a new job and be the new guy again. I always stay at jobs for a long time, even shitty jobs. I worked at Petsmart from 16-21, then the ice cream and burger joint from like 20-23 (at the same time as Petsnart for some time) and now Pepsi from 24-26.
>>
>>14203186
>>14203221
>Literally haven't moved in 30 minutes
>Call the Love's
>"Yeah there was a fatal accident right here in front of us. It'll probably be a couple of hours before it's cleared up."
>No fucking cops here directing traffic, it's a madhouse and all us trucks are fucked until the road is cleared
Goddammit. Would it be so hard to have one guy direct traffic?
>>
I'm thinking about getting my CDL and becoming an OTR trucker in a few months.
I like driving, I like being alone, I'm goal-oriented, and I can hold my piss for a while. It seems like I'd make a pretty good trucker.

Also, due to social anxiety and awkwardness, it feels like it would be the only job I'd be comfortable in.

pls halp a lost soul truckerfags
>>
File: lolwork.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
lolwork.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
>>14197547

I've seen worse
>>
>>14203590
21 yo cdl a holder here what i did

>apply for city job that says cdl a required
>pretty much paid training
>quit when i got it and now have a kick ass job

That easy would also probably work if you worked for the dot
>>
>>14203262
What prevented you?
>>
>>14203768
Cops decided just to close the road until they were done instead of clearing a lane.
>>
>>14203728
I'm 19, will my age be a factor in a company hiring me?

How anal are they about tickets? I have one from three years ago for not having my license with me while driving and a speeding ticket last year, but now I never speed.

Why does it say to get a grant or loan before signing a contract with a company that pays for classes in the OP?

How big is the sleeping area? I'm 6'3"ish. What else is in the back?

Do you have time to shitpost on 4chan at truck stops?
>>
>>14203796

Fatality = investigation. Can't have retards driving by possibly disrupting the scene or worse. You'll be there for a while, if its really bad they'll be calling in all kinds of people and will do a full scene reconstruction before those vehicles move an inch.
>>
>>14203796
In my state (and probably most others) Fatality = road closed, no exceptions.
>>
File: 1452363131302.jpg (692KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1452363131302.jpg
692KB, 2048x1152px
>>14203819
>19
Unless you're family, you won't get one till 21. It's an insurance thing
>ticket
They stay for 4 to 5 year's if it's minor they usually don't care unless you don't tell them, then they care.
>grant/loan?
Most companies training is the lowest of the low and the contract they make you sign all but makes you an indentured servant for anywhere from 2 to 4 year's with no hope of paying it off on what scraps they give you.
>6'3
I'm 5'11 and have about a foot of space on either end of the bed. Almost all truck beds are supposedly the size of a twin bed long.so..84 inches?not sure.
>funposting?
Depending on the company either a lot. Or very little.
>>
holy shit whiney they found your candy

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-man-arrested-for-stealing-7500-pounds-of-candy/ar-CCjSHB?li=BBnb4R7
>>
>>14204047
I read somewhere that it's 21 for OTR and 18 for state, is that true? I wouldn't mind just driving around the state for a while if I had to.
>>
>>14204603
It is, but good luck finding a job.
>>
Best bet for the kiddies are dump trucks
>>
>>14205358
Well, fuck, what else am I supposed to do then?
>>
>>14204320
You wish senpai, my candy smuggling ring will never be discovered.

Also, the two guys who dispatch have to sort all the damaged boxes and they don't give a fuck. There's piles of it in their offices.
>>
>>14205765
Go to a technical school so you can get a real job.
Trucking is last resort tier
>>
>>14205765
Dump trucks, cement mixers, beverage supply, food distribution, building supply stores- they'll all look at you if you're willing to put in hard work and they're desperate enough
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-09-22-14-44.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-09-22-14-44.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
So.... I'm on Google maps
>>
>>14197757
>>14197921
>>14198541
>>14203643

As it turns out, it wasn't me that fucked up the door. I pulled away from the dock and when it closed, it flexed back like normal. The whole fucking trailer is warped.

Speaking of Steven's equipment:

my truck has no:
>working heat underneath the wheel
>keys that unlock my side compartments
>power inverter of any kind
>cruise control
>cb radio
>privacy curtains

My truck is restricted in such a way that I lose all power at 1600 rpms until I get back down to 1400 rpms. This means I have no power between 50-55 mph when I'm climbing a grade.
>>
>>14207982
That's mega shitty.

>Off-topic
>Booted old Nexus 6
>Updated to 6.0 then 6.0.1
>Still has same mobile data signal loss bug
Well done, Google.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_034357.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_034357.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
Tonight was my first time driving in ice/snow by my lonesome.

This morning in NE:
>wake up because cold af
>5 degrees outside
>44 degrees in truck
>apu roaring at max
>get a phonecall about sleeping in too late from the suits
>total bitchout session
>"yes, won't happen again, gonna leave asap"
>crank her up
>realize I set both brakes last night
>spend the next four hours laying on my back banging on my brakes with a hammer that I just spent my last $20 on to buy
>in 5 degree weather with wind gusting all about

a moment ago:
>cruisin down I-80 east, just west of chicago
>crankin my tunes
>"Belle and Sebastion"
>jk lol
>oncoming headlights catch my attention
>flatbed heading westbound loses his shit and barrels down into the median heading straight for me
>manages to stop it just before the eastbound left lane
>nope.gif
>time to shut it down
>>
>>14209580
>Call about sleeping too late

I would've dropped that company like Cain dropped Abel.
As long as I'm on time my dispatch could give a shit what I'm doing. You better get reimbursed for that hammer too.
>>
>>14211116
This is why I have my ringer on silent, if there was something important they'd leave a message or put it in the qualcomm this way I don't get the bitchfits and if they do. I have it on record.
>whiney leave a company
Kek.
>>
>>14211254
I was going to up until the other guy on my account went regular OTR with Swift. He worked way harder than I did and made the same amount of money.

Now he's going to PAM in an O/O's truck and will make $1150 a week with only 4 days of work and 3 days off.
>>
>>14211254
I turn my ringer off when I sleep. My voicemail is also turned off.
Anything important will come in over qualcomm, email or text.
>>
my company is switching to DOT regulations and we are going to hourly. What should I be concerned about?
>>
>>14213667
Seriously, your company going bankrupt.
>>
>>14213667
Money. heartland has literally thrown our local (hourly paid ) drivers under the bus since they cost so much
>>
Any favorite truckstops out there? Also worst ones.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.