[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people on /o/ complain about Toyota's boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: scion.png (39KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
scion.png
39KB, 273x185px
Why do so many people on /o/ complain about Toyota's boring lineup? You do realize that they created Scion specially to cater to millennials?
>>
The FR-S is their only good car
>>
>>14167484
And millennials don't want to be seen in a fucking scion, so the only people that buy them are old farts trying to be "hip".
>>
>>14167495

So was the Tc.
>>
File: i_tc_rs.png (270KB, 584x294px) Image search: [Google]
i_tc_rs.png
270KB, 584x294px
The tC 9.0 has got to be the most "telling teenagers what they like" car of all time.

http://www.scion.ca/scion/en/vehicles/tc/features-benefits/rs
>>
>>14167497
>And millennials don't want to be seen in a fucking scion

It's still a Toyota.

Lexus is still selling to the luxury demographic successfully.
>>
>>14167511
I'm pretty happy with mine. But I got a good deal when they were trying to clear out the cars so they would stop taking up space
>>
>>14167495
>their

Opinion discarded
>>
>>14167511
>orange you glad
>close window
>>
>>14167511
That version is hideous. Older special editions were much better, especially the RS 8.0. The tC is a good car though, when you consider it's competition is the Corolla and Civic (non-Si) and cars like that.
>>
>>14167484
Because Toyota's lineup IS boring. Even counting their Scion brand the only interesting car is the FR-S. The Tc and whatever other shitboxes they have are just that, shitboxes. The FR-S isn't even all that amazing. It's fun, tune-able, and what-not, but it's anemic. Sure, Lexus has some nice stuff, but only if you're dropping serious dime.

If the FT-1 has at least 6 cylinders and a turbo and the next gen 86 has an I-4T/V6 option then I'll have more respect for modern Toyota.
>>
>>14167484
Because /o/ is retarded. Toyota markets its products towards consumers who want a commuter car. Lexus is geared towards consumers who want a luxury car or a sports luxury car. Scion is geared towards a younger demographic who wants a reliable, but fun and dynamic car*.

*Yes I know they're not actually fun and dynamic, but they market it as that.
>>
>>14167484
So basically, Toyota failed.
>>
>>14167885
There is no Scion in Europe, here you have just Toyota and Lexus.
>>
>>14167484
Let me tell you what they would need to do to make it as an entry level "enthusiasts" maker.
> leave horsepower out of the discussion.
> awd the Tc as an option with a turbo option available at premium
> frs. Stay golden
> juke competitor with fwd and awd variants. Turbo premium poster car. With a fwd turdbox cashcow
> rebadged rav4 econobox with fedora-tipping styling even that guys mom you talk about on xboxlive cant even handle.
> le sedan/wagon

Make it so none of these can cost over around 30k and itll be aight.
>>
>>14167985
Oh and a prius rebadge.
>>
File: tc.jpg (359KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tc.jpg
359KB, 1280x960px
>>14167511
Wait a second, is that built on the Prius platform? Just realized how similar they look.
>>
>>14167763
cept the civic si is better
rumor is the new civic si will have a 2.0l turbo from the civic type r detuned
>>
>>14168009
I think its built off of a euromarket 4 door. I forgot what one....i just dont want my search history to be able to prove o was looking for scions
>>
>>14168009
its built on the corolla platform
>>
>>14168013
>my FWD econobox is faster than your FWD econobox
>>
Scion was doing fairly well in their first gen.

Then they didn't update the xD. And the xB became this huge ineffecient fuckbox. And the TC became slightly bigger for no reason. The FR-S was good, but it's in need of an update.

I mean, it should say something that their best selling car right now is a Mazda 2 sedan. I would kill for them to mod it into a FiST killer.
>>
>>14168029
I still can't look at the "xD" and "xB" without seeing those stupid smiley faces.
>>
>>14168013
Did you fail English? Your reading comprehension is shit. The tC is not meant to compete with the Si. Specifically said the non-Si Civic.
>>
>>14168029
>best selling car right now is a Mazda 2 sedan.
Citation needed. They just launched it, there's no way it's a top seller that fast.
>>
File: 1450677944256.jpg (13KB, 540x296px) Image search: [Google]
1450677944256.jpg
13KB, 540x296px
>>14167511

>This is the future
>>
>>14168074
Then why market it that way

It is a planted fwd coupe with a stick option marketed to youth drivers.
>>
>>14168017
It's built off of the euro market evolution of the celica chassis not the corrola. I believe the euro car is the avensis
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-20-13-31-1.png (179KB, 1080x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-20-13-31-1.png
179KB, 1080x1073px
>>14168095
Pic related is taken from their website.
>>
>>14168117
>celica chassis

no it's not, moron
>>
>>14168146
You're the moron. The tC is the continuation of the Celica.
>>
>>14168125
Each one of those cars has their own "sport" model.

Rs, koupe, si, speed (at one point), and i forgot Hyundais nomenclature

So ill say again.

its an si competitor
>>
>>14168168

Not even close.
>>
File: 1451522862906.jpg (17KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1451522862906.jpg
17KB, 413x395px
>>14168170
>Koupe
>Sport
>>
>>14168189
He is one of those illuminutti wackjobs that think Tc stands for toyota celica becauese tc.

Just because both are coupes dont mean shit.

If anything they should of called the frs the celica
>>
>>14168194
Sport in the sense of: "throw a badge on it for those weaboo spergs in america"
-korea
>>
>>14168170
The Hyundai just uses Turbo for the Veloster but that's not what they're comparing it to.
>>
>>14168170
Scion offers no "sport" version of the tC. Any sport version of those cars is at least a couple grand more.
>>
>>14168196
You are actually the product of inbreeding holy shit.

Now try to use what little brain matter you have left to follow this. Toyota has these things called model codes. Up till the 4th gen celica the body code was in the "a" series. After swapping to either a fwd or 4wd layout the new body code was the "t" series of bodies. The Toyota avensis uses a T series body. You know what else uses the t body? You guess it, the scion TC.

Now here is the fun part. Can you guess which car has never used either an A or a T body? If you've been following along and using that shread of brain matter you'd probably guess the Toyota Corolla. Ever since the first gen the Corrola has used the E body.

Now that we've gone through this can you please explain to me how the tc uses a Corrola body?

Also check this shit out if you don't believe me. I'm on mobile I hope these links work
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_T2xx
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scion_tC
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla
>>
>>14168029
>>14168086
I sell toyotas, and we've sold like two IAs since they've dropped. Absolutely no way they are a top seller
>>
>>14168369
Id lime to point out your source material is wikipedia.

Id also like to point out of it is a toyota celica then why is it caled a scion Tc?

Keep in mind i believe the celica died in childbirth of the supra
>>
>>14168444
They had the xA, and xB. Next up would have been the xC, but Volvo already uses that.
>>
I've noticed that I only seen women in tC's. No joke, I never see any men, is it a woman's car?
>>
>>14168444
Source I wiki cause it easy to navigate. Nobody but retards think tc means Toyota celica. I'm saying it shares a chassis with the celica not the corrola which is what people believe. It has never been a celica, Toyota will never make a celica again. The tc shares a closer resemblance to the avensis which also shares a common liniage with the celica
>>
>>14168492
the mercury cougar used to be based off the mustang.

It became a name. Nothing more. So much less.
>>
>>14168475
I've seen literally every kind of person in them, sans the wealthy. They're cheap as fuck new, and used ones are incredibly inexpensive. They're a Toyota product for they have a reputation for reliability and the newer ones use a 180hp/173 ft lbs torque engine from the new camry, more than peppy enough for normal driving. Stock suspension is McPherson struts in the front and double wishbone in the back. It's gas mileage is also pretty great. If you were looking for a car to take you where you needed to go and not break the bank its a viable option that's sportier than a Corolla or a base Civic. If you were just using your car for that and not trying to get a car for muh track day brah or muh togues its a perfectly fitting option
>>
>>14168527
Yeah it shared the musang body in the first 2 gens but did not share the body after that, switching to whatever ford counterpart it had. That bears very slim if any resemblance to how the toyota T series bodies work
>>
>>14168548
God i hate nameplate whoring
>>
>>14168555
That all you've got left?
>>
>>14168584
pffft.....gimme a sec lemme think
>>
>>14168588
>>14168584
Think of it this way.

Would either of us go out of our way to buy a brand new scion Tc?
>>
>>14168595
Considering i own one yes? i got a great deal on it since my mom bought her prius from the same guy, the payments are affordable for me while im in school, i need something reliable for the next 2 years because of my school schedule, any maintenance is under complete warranty, that includes any fluids and whatever else. Seems like a decent deal for a first car under my name when i have no credit to speak of.
>>
>>14168619
K
>>
i don't even care how boring toyota's lineup or cars are, they're the only cars worth owning. everything else belongs in the garbage
>>
>>14168023
You're really special we get it
>>
>>14168684
>car enthusiast board
>only likes one company
>said company has no enthusiast cars
>thinks literally every other one is shit

How miserable. Why the fuck are you even here?
>>
>>14167985
>awd
No thanks
>>
>>14167511
>that 2 tone paint

gee i bet that will stay trendy
>>
>>14168701
hey until more car manufacturers can make vehicles that are as well built, reliable and durable as toyotas they can fuck off. a toyota is the most red pilled car you can get
>>
>>14167731
He used the correct form...
>>
>>14168086
I meant since it's release, not for the entire year. It's sold around 5.5k copies in 2 months according to Good Car Bad Car vs 15k for the tC and xB each.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.