[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best credit union for a new/used car loan o?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3

File: A8Q6c5S.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
A8Q6c5S.gif
2MB, 320x240px
What's the best credit union for a new/used car loan o?

Most of us don't have 5-25 grand on us for the vehicle we want, but in imo I believe a cu loan would really help a lot of us finally own the cars we want (within reason).
>>
dunno senpai, i went to school and don't sound like a retard desu
>>
Mac. They loan to anyone. Female friend in her early 20s with shit employment history got a new ford Mexican party through them
>>
>>14164588
Don't you want people on o to become respectable car enthusiasts?
>>
>>14164592
I have found that the federal/gov/military CU's have the best rates

NFCU, PFCU, etc

How good was the loan she got?
>>
Never get a loan for a car, save up. Pay in cash
>>
>>14164610
You do realize over half of people in the US make less than 35K a year, right?

Personally I don't want to wait till I'm 30-35 to own 10K car when I could take out a small reasonable loan and own it now. Why wait if your credit isn't half bad?
>>
>>14164626
>tfw almost 2/3 of your life is over before you'll get a decent car and have it setup correctly from stock/previous owner
>>
>>14164626
And over half of the US is fucking retarded, I'm sure we can both agree on that. Learn a goddamn trade if you weren't lucky enough to have family/friends make your life easy. Underwater welding requires competency and common sense (and a few certifications that cost relatively little money) and I make more goddamn money than a single male knows what to do with, and I only work half the year. Sure, my life expectancy is 50 and I could DIE if I make the slightest mistake, but it's a living.

It's not hard to make more than 35k a year, it just takes time and/or risk.
>>
>>14164607
Dunno, she got a car though
>>
>>14164626
If you are making <35k a year and buy a 10k car you are way past retarded
>>
>>14164663
>pay cash you and the majority of your country don't have
>make as much money as me and then you can have a slightly better car

>>14164681
How much is too much then anon since you seem to be the financial expert. Please explain.
>>
>>14164694
A car should be <10% of your monthly income

So 35 k/year /12 = 2916.67 * 0.1 = 291.67

291.67*12=3500

So buy a 3500 car
>>
>>14164694
Whatever you have saved up in your car budget.
>>
>>14164715
>Implying 1 year loan
>Implying 0% interest
>>
>>14164694
Several hundred dollars for a small
Put down the booze, stop eating out, and you'll have that money in a couple months even if you work part time minimum. There's such a thing as bare essentials.

>>14164715
>dividing by twelve
>then multiplying by twelve
My point stands.
>>
>>14164715
>10%

You really have no idea how car buying and finances work in this country do you?
>>
/o/

The self proclaimed finance experts of the internet...
>>
>>14164725
I already said not a loan.....and the standard is <10% monthly income. Makes the math simple
>>
>>14164735
>implying I know jack about financing
I don't even know how taxes work, I just spend less money than I make and put a lot in my savings account and hope for the best.
>>
>>14164719

>implying you don't make monthly payments for housing and other expenses
>not doing the same for other things you care about, but don't have the money for upfront
>>
>>14164731
You put a down payment then let the jews make money on interest
>>
>Go ahead and use your cash on a heavily depreciating asset like a car!

/o/ in a nutshell when this types of threads get posted.

Why the fuck would I put 30k cash into a vehicle when I can make more money investing the 30k in safe investments. It is stupid easy right now to qualify for low interest vehicle or property loans.
>>
>>14164735
You want expert financial advice? Buy low and sell high

>Save up a few hundred dollars
>Buy a shitbox you know you can sell for a thousand
>Drive and maintain it while saving up a few hundred more
>Sell for a thousand and add the money you've saved to buy a shitbox you know you can sell for $3000
>???
>PROFIT!
>>
>>14164755
The only things I make monthly payments for are services, energy and taxes, Faggot.
>>
>>14164767
>tfw your craigslist ads has been sitting on craigslist for over 5 years now
>too scared to finance

Please end it
>>
>>14164767
Buy 240sx in 1997 for 600. Sell now for 5000
>>
>>14164779
So why is a car not possible to do the same?

Anything you pay monthly for is the same concept except certain things you eventually own.
>>
>>14164781
Sounds like you miscalculated somewhere along the line
>>
>>14164796
>priced below market, excellent condition
>all super lowball offers, never any serious buyers

Have you ever sold a car on craigslist?
>>
>>14164790
It is possible to do it with a car. It's called saving and investing wisely.The other option, financing aka "I want what I want and I want it nowwwwww" is volunteering to be taken advantage of by others who saved and invested wisely.
>>
>>14164812
100 robot msg/ emails "did you sell YOUR ITEM"
>>
>>14164812
Many, many times. Sounds to me like you're trying to sell them back into the same market you purchased them out of. Try listing it in the nearest major metro and see how you do. There may also be something wrong with your ad and/or your photos. Possibly you're just a shady seeming person.
>>
>>14164816
>It's called saving and investing wisely.

Why can't I do that while also paying a small monthly amount for the car I want?
>>
>>14164812
Nah, I only ever give out super lowball offers and occasionally get them.
>>
>>14164838
Because there's two options, set aside money to get it later, or set aside much more money that you can't get back to have it now.
If you want immediate satisfaction then you better be prepared to pay the price.
>>
File: 20151228_165950.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151228_165950.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>14164835
Werd, just bought a frontier 4x4 nismo off craigslist thx to vinbro. Sweet deal 8.3k. Paid cash ofc
>>
>>14164838
You can do whatever you want. The economy needs people wasting their money to function. At least you're not wanting to finance a NEW car that depreciates 30% instantly.
>>
>>14164853
>then you better be prepared to pay the price.

I'll sacrifice a few dollars to enjoy a fun car that will last through my youth, instead of enjoying a nicer car when I'm a no fun crusty old cunt with no friends or gf because I invested all my money.
>>
>>14164759
>Why would I want to put 30k cash into something when I can put 30k credit at 6% into it?
Guess how fucking stupid you are
>>
>>14164887
Maybe he had an investment with retunr more then 6% :^)
>>
>>14164870
>wasting their money

I paid for experience of a lifetime that I got to enjoy in my 20s instead of waiting till I'm an oldfuck or dead.

Well worth it
>>
>>14164882
>I can only have fun with something I can't afford
And this is how lives get ruined
>>
>>14164899
I bet you think 25 is old and crusty
>>
>>14164902
financing =/= not being able to afford a product

10K is not not unaffordable to the average full time worker.

Be honest, have you ever talked shit about someone elses car on o while also holding this hypocritical rhetoric?
>>
>>14164896
He'd still be making 6% more if he'd put the cash into it.
>>
>>14164916
I said more then 6%
>>
>>14164882
The problem here is that it's not 'a few dollars' and it doesn't take a lifetime to buy a nice car, and what does investing/saving money have to do with your social or sexual life? There are these little things called moderation and self control.
>>
>>14164912
>implying you didn't become a creepier jaded fuck over time
>average American making 30K back on investments over 5 years

Not everyone is a special snowflake, sorry. Some of us have to live in the real world where not everyone is YOU
>>
>>14164913
I always support people who love their $3000 shitboxes. It's the "Bought a 2016 v6 Mustang" people I tear apart. No hypocrisy here I've never financed a car and never will.
>>
>>14164887

6%, what bank are you financing through?

Most banks are in the 3 to 4% range currently, as long as you have good credit. The factory financing is even lower.
>>
>>14164922
Yeah let's s
ay his investment returns 18%. If he financed it at 6% he's only making 12% while some banker is leeching his returns from doing nothing but piling stacks.
>>
>>14164916

>He'd still be making 6% more if he'd put the cash into it.

How the hell does that even work? The car still depreciates overtime, and usually at a rate well over 6%.
>>
Paying for a car in cash is idiotic if you can get a low interest rate on a loan.
>>
>>14164937
Okay well if you don't mind paying $900-$1200 a year for nothing go ahead and mail me a check while you're at it.
>>
>>14164948
this

I wonder how o would feel if the car they owned now they didn't have it anymore because no one bought it NEW when it came out
>>
>>14164959
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>14164931

So he is paying 250 dollars a month, have a brand new car he doesn't have to worry about, is going to be fast as shit compared to your 3000 dollar car, and have all modern luxuries.

Not everyone wants a 20 year old piece of shit that been through 6 owners.
>>
>>14164944
That's absolutely true in the case of nearly every car these fools want so it's a terrible investment but Anon was being a smartass and hypothesizing about a theoretical good investment.
>>
>>14164931
Why is someone who has never financed a car giving advice about financing a car??

Why do people do this
>>
>>14164962

He is saying, someone has to buy the car for you to get it used.

If noone is buying new sports cars ect there is no reason for the car companies to produce them.
>>
>>14164978
But that's not even what we are talking about, we are talking about if you should buy a new car later or get a loan to buy a new car now, either option you would still theoretically buy a new car.

It doesn't have to be new, but I guess extremes are always implied.
>>
Everytime I see these threads I'm jealous of the magical finance wizards that can apparently find 8-20% returns on investment each year. Especially last year.
>>
>>14164930
You're right, everyone I graduated with makes at least 65k now. Ofc non of them where Yolo fags
>>
>>14164967
Don't forget the comprehensive insurance he's going to be forced by his financier to have.

No. New cars are only for people who have something to improve. Buuy last years model off-lease with cash for the same experience at half the cost.

There are obviously butthurt car dealers ITT
>>
>>14164976
Because my advice is don't do it.
>>
>>14165000

Most people don't have that kind of money sitting around to buy offlease.

And you are stupid if you don't have Comprehensive, I own 3 cars and I refuse to run on just liability
>>
>>14164991
>everyone I graduated with makes at least 65k now

Do you believe everyone over 25 in the US can and WILL make this amount?

Why do middle class earners believe everyone can reach their income bracket? Even with education/skills it's still mathematically impossible.

Some of us don't want to hit our mid 30s to wait for our car.
>>
>>14164978
>If noone is buying new sports cars ect there is no reason for the car companies to produce them.
More precisely there would be reason for the manufacturers to offer less expensive models, which I think we'd all appreciate.
>>
>>14165013
>I own 3 cars and I refuse to run on just liability
Well at least you know you can't trust yourself. That's a start.
>>
>>14165024
>More precisely there would be reason for the manufacturers to offer lower quality models or only expensive luxury models for only people who are willing to pay every 3 years for it

ftfy o-pai
>>
>>14165024

No, Less expensive doesn't actually happen.

Car makers usually make around 600-800 dollars on a vehicle, other then trucks. The lower the price the lower usually the profit is.

Things like the corolla ect don't make alot per car, its because the make so many and sell so many is where they make profit.

Making a low cost sports car makes no sense to the companies as such they would just stop producing them if they dont sell.
>>
>>14165024
>what is inflation
>what are increasing profits
>what is increasing quality and innovation
>>
>>14165035

Liablity doesn't cover hit and run.
It doesn't cover weather damage. (my father lost his GMC Syclone to a Ice covered branch that came down.)

Im not a broke motherfucker, I protect my vehicles from everything I can.
>>
>>14165044
Okay, fine. If no one was buying new cars then the government would relax their safety standards to allow for the production of less expensive cars. Also, as you're obviously clearly aware it's the whole fucking topic of this thread, the FINANCING where automakers make their money.

>>14165046
"Things that are controlled by market forces" DING

>>14165051
Your father's home owner's policy should have covered that unless he was parked somewhere he shouldn't have been during an ice storm. You or at least your dash cam should be able to get the license number of a hit and run driver. I actually would be happy to be hit and run from because it would erase any sympathy I might have had for taking them for every cent.
>>
>>14165019
They can if they wanted to, always see truck drivers hiring
>>
>>14164967
Generally you can buy a 1 year old same make model Higher time for less then the same make model new. Higher trim can mean faster
>>
>>14165125
>I'm going to be blind to mathematical impossibilities

Good job mate. Also in case you weren't paying attention the median income in the country is still decreasing.
>>
>>14165100

>Okay, fine. If no one was buying new cars then the government would relax their safety standards to allow for the production of less expensive cars. Also, as you're obviously clearly aware it's the whole fucking topic of this thread, the FINANCING where automakers make their money.

No they really wouldn't. They would just get rid of the models that people don't buy, like the sports cars.

The ecobox cars people will finance because it is easier for someone to pay 200 a month then save up 20k for most people. Which is why there are so many ecobox cars on the road.

The government wont relax the standards, car companies will just stop fucking wasting the money, i.e why RWD cars are becoming extinct, because they cost more to produce.

>Your father's home owner's policy should have covered that unless he was parked somewhere he shouldn't have been during an ice storm. You or at least your dash cam should be able to get the license number of a hit and run driver. I actually would be happy to be hit and run from because it would erase any sympathy I might have had for taking them for every cent.

No, home owners insurance doesn't cover storm damage to your vehicles, even when parked in your driveway.

And with how many illegals drive around with no plates or Tag applied for plates, thats not fucking happening.

Hell my friend and I got spun out by a yukon clipping his supra's rear end on the highway merging in behind him We say nothing but dirt and dust from rolling over after he impacted dirt on side of road.
>>
>>14165164
Not my fault people don't want to pick up the jobs available because they are too "low" for them
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.