[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1996 F-150 220k miles > 5.0L > Automatic I had a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: TooManyFilters.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
TooManyFilters.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>1996 F-150 220k miles
> 5.0L
> Automatic

I had a friend help me change the spark plug wires while I was changing the spark plugs. He's never done anything like this besides change the oil without my help. He asked me if the wires mattered since they were all different lengths and I told him as long as the wires went in the right place then everything was fine.

I guess he crossed a wire and now it doesn't turn on, it only cranks and that is it. It will randomly attempt to turn on, but that is it.

A mechanic said something about the timing being off, which is why the truck will not turn on; which I highly doubt. I'm thinking it has something to do with the distributor or the ignition.
>>
>>14160138
Okay? If all he did was change the plugs and wires (and if he helped why weren't you watching asshole) then just get the firing order from online and make sure they are correct. That's it. problem solved faggot.
>>
>>14160167
I changed the spark plugs under the truck while he was on the top changing the wires. I wouldn't trust him to do the job on his own.

> just get the firing order from online

That's what I did and it still doesn't turn on, it just cranks but that's it.
>>
Why is your image of a mazda?

I think you got the wrong image, it's black and white firing order my friend.
>>
File: 8c95667[1].jpg (17KB, 250x214px) Image search: [Google]
8c95667[1].jpg
17KB, 250x214px
>>14160333
The mazda is unrelated.
This is the firing order I found. The truck itself has the diagram as well and I follow that one.
>>
>>14160369
This is what mine looks like.
>>
File: um-what-the-fuck.jpg (32KB, 550x609px) Image search: [Google]
um-what-the-fuck.jpg
32KB, 550x609px
>>14160200
>changed the spark plugs under the truck
>>
>>14160442
I can't reach on top of the truck, so I have to go under the truck to change out the spark plugs.
>>
>>14160200
...from under the truck.......
double check the order. And maybe your distributor is off now if he dicked with that. So the order is correct but the alignment is off. Ocams razor, whatever you guys dicked with is likely the problem.
>>
>>14160442
To be fair thats kinda correct.
On my old 94 Bronco i had to climb under it to get to 2 of the plugs because Ford hates everyone. Even then that was with a socket extension and lots of yelling
>>
>>14160138
i gota f260 pooper doop and the damn headlights wont turn off i gotta pull the fuse or else the battery dies what happened to it
>>
>>14160138
If it's a 5.0 it should be 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. Are you sure you're not using the 5.8 firing order?
>>
>>14160138
Alright, so last night after further research, I found another diagram, but this one included the clips that hold the distributor down. I noticed all my wires were off by one ie.

Instead of
>1-2-3-4-5

It was
>8-1-2-3-4
I switched all the wires to the correct place and it turned on kek
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.