[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an automatic 2001 honda civic lx. My radiator burst and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1449043408853.jpg (76KB, 448x412px) Image search: [Google]
1449043408853.jpg
76KB, 448x412px
I have an automatic 2001 honda civic lx. My radiator burst and spilled all the coolant, so i replaced it and filled it back up with coolant. The car still overheats. Radiator fan works. the car can only run a short distance before heating up. and i noticed my heater stopped working. Any solutions?
>>
Le head gasket perhaps
>>
>>14159652
Sounds like you've got a clog.
>>
Did you bleed it?
>>
>>14159710
Oh yea, how did I forget there are people who don't know to do this. This is almost definitely your issue if you did not bleed the system.
>>
>>14159710
>>14159717
What do you mean?
>>
>>14161209
Getting rid of air in the system.
>>
>>14161216
By doing what?
Sorry, been lurking for 5 months and haven't heard of this.
>>
>>14161209
I guess that answers the question lol
>>
Take it to a shop and get it fix before you hurt yourself.
>>
OP, I do not know a lot about honda's, mostly mazda's.

I will tell you this:

You spilled coolant, and replaced it back. I am assuming your coolant is 50:50 now.

You need to burp the system.

First, remove the radiator fill cap and start the car. Let it idle up to temp, but keep the cap off. When the engine BEGINS to make temp, the thermostat will open, letting the coolant from the radiator flow into the engine.

Now remember, I said burp the system. There will be bubbles coming out of the radiator fill, where the cap (that is now off) was. Keep it off, but keep an eye on the temp gauge.

When temp gauge reaches the regular reading (ie, halfway, or at the temp the gauge reads when at normal level), turn off the engine.

Now, fill the overflow with 50:50 coolant. Replace radiator cap. Start car, and drive around close to your residence.

This should alleviate the pockets of air that will give you overheating.

If this goes perfectly, congrats. If car still overheats, it may be headgasket. Did you drive the car while overheated?
>>
>>14161259
There may also be a bleed bolt
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.