[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about these cars that look so cheap? They are underwhelming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: slide_1.jpg (89KB, 1000x422px) Image search: [Google]
slide_1.jpg
89KB, 1000x422px
What is it about these cars that look so cheap? They are underwhelming and bland, but they technically shouldn't be? Something is just off, they remind of chinese type cars.
>>
plastic and contemporary styling. also jews
>>
File: 28zkz6.gif (3MB, 422x269px) Image search: [Google]
28zkz6.gif
3MB, 422x269px
yeh nah
They're more expensive looking than Aston Martins.
>>
>>14159544
I mean the front end looks like a late 90s early 2000s front of a car if you block the rest of the car with your hand. Then everything has nothing particular about it. It looks so bland in every way.
>>
Because in order to make a niche product appeal to the mainstream it needs a conformist appearance instead of being an edginess symbol. I recall reading somewhere that the upcoming Model 3 will have a somewhat bolder design now that they've made a name for themselves.
>>
I like the design because it has windows and no angry face. the problem is that it doesn't look like a $100+ car. I'd say $40 grand car.
>>
File: 20151226_124226.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151226_124226.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>mfw there is finally a tesla bread
>mfw I can post my wife's crap car

how did she convince me to buy this hunk of garb
>>
>>14159618
It looks like a used Mazda 6. Not even a 2015.
>>
>>14159655
What makes you think so badly of it?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>14159565
It looks like an Opel
>>
>>14159561
>dat hand
>dem fingers
>>
>>14159673
I am having buyers remorse. sure we save money on gas but I feel the thing is going to depreciate so fast and have so many issues that cost a fortune to fix. I've owned cars that behave that way before, but I drove them all. now my wife is driving it idk wtf is going to happen t b h.
>>
>>14159737
>and have so many issues that cost a fortune to fix
What dumpster did you pull a Tesla out of that it isn't on warranty?
>>
>>14159747
it's on warranty, just trying to think for the future
>>
File: 000kxczr.jpg (94KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
000kxczr.jpg
94KB, 500x314px
>>14159566

This man knows what's up.

I'm glad there's still some common sense on /o/ here and there.
>>
>>14159530
Havent seen one on the road yet, but I say it looks really nice. Comparing it to a Chinese car, really OP?!
>>
>>14159753
I haven't heard any problems with Teslas nowadays, or since they came out for that matter.
it will depreciate that's for sure, but hey, what new car wouldn't?
>>
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm starting to see a pattern. All the most innovative cars in history have had a reputation for bad reliability during their production run.

>Cord 810
>HURR DURR SHIT TRANSMISSION BREAKS ALL THE TIME
>Citroen DS
>HURR DURR SHIT SUSPENSION BREAKS ALL THE TIME
>Tesla Model S
>HURR DURR SHIT ELECTRONICS BREAK ALL THE TIME
>>
>>14159530
I disagree 100%. Have you ever seen one IRL? they look great. They look like a nice, aerodynamic, sedan. Does everything have to look like a miata or lamborghini?
>>
>>14159789
They definitely have problems, but at the same time I have seen plenty of praise for the service. Plus, depreciation rates aren't that severe. I think anon is just antsy because it's something new.

Still, I wouldn't be planning to own it like 10 years down the road, by then the equivalent coming out will have completely obsoleted it.
>>
>>14159737
>calculating electricity cost, you are probably saving a couple hundred $ a year
Gas is so cheap right now and electricity is getting more expensive. Considering the cost of that fucking car you are losing money every day. nice decision moron.
>>
They absolutely look like shit. They look like a more rounded version of every mid-size sedan ever. I have no idea why they couldn't design anything better, but it's probably because they don't have to to sell it. People who like cars don't buy Teslas, obnoxious redditors and Asians do.
>>
They look pretty damn sexy in Black and I can't stand 4 door sedans. 8/10 would drive.
>>
>>14159832
If you wanna save money, ride a scooter, you burger flipping faggot.
>>
>>14159753
Isn't the Telsa warranty long as fuck and good as fuck?
>>
>>14159833
>they don't have to to sell it
I think it's the top seller in its class. If it isn't, it's up there. So I guess that's just a nice bonus. And it's kind of a given that a luxury sedan is not a mainstay among enthusiasts.

I do wish they were aggressively pursuing a new roadster instead of giving it 5+ years, though.
>>
>>14159832
not him, but one of the selling points of the Tesla's is that you don't pay to charge it most of the time.
Instead of charging it overnight at home, going out in the day, and returning home to charge it, you charge at work/school/wherever then drive around
>>
>>14159885
Yeah, I'm sure the Tesla sells fine regardless of how shitty it looks. And I realize that it's a luxury sedan, but how hard is it to at least make it look like one (especially for how much they charge) instead of making meme doorhandles?
>>
>>14159934
Nigga why are you posting that here?
>>
File: s-class.jpg (305KB, 1440x600px) Image search: [Google]
s-class.jpg
305KB, 1440x600px
>>14159930
Like this looks fine for a luxury car, and it looks like a luxury car.
>>
>>14159891
.......I live in Houston and I've seen ONE charging port here. there may be more but don't be retarded. It will be almost impossible to charge them during the day. Also a more people get electric they are going to start to charge them at those places. That shit aint free.
>>
>>14159789
Has your head been in the sand? Consumer Reports says you're lucky if a Tesla lasts 60k miles. And electric cars are the fastest depreciating things on the market.
>>
>>14159930
Everyone has different tastes I guess. I think the Model S looks pretty damn sleek. The X is pigfat but that is all crossovers.
>>
>>14159956
[citation needed]
>>
>>14159999
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/12/12/tesla-report-two-thirds-tesla-model-s-drivetrains-replaced-60k-miles/
>>
>>14160005
you should actually read the report, there's a lot more detail than just the clickbait headline.
>>
>>14160022
I read it and there's nothing that would be acceptable in any other car.
>>
>>14159956
That's the drive unit (early drive units according to Tesla), which is under warranty like everything else.
That's still bad but you phrase it like the car is going to explode or something, which isn't the case. In all likelihood, you drive it home (because there are two drive units), they tow it to their facilities and replace the drive unit.
>>
>>14160005
>Breitbart
>>
>>14160005
>breitbart.com
>>
File: 1451533920273.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1451533920273.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>14160022
Don't you want the age of manually operated automobiles to end?
>>
>>14160039
Did you read this?
>Elon Musk extended the warranty in 2014 to 8 years and unlimited mileage. But with the cost of drivetrain replacement running at about $20,000, when the Model S warranties start expiring, the resale value may plummet.

Cus that's the whole story right there and it's not that epic.
>>
>>14160062
no
i want the age of automobiles manually operated by
>drunk fucks
>texting teens
>dumb teens
>soccer moms on the phone
>old people
to come to an end so i dont have to worry about a camry rear ending my car
>>
>>14160065
The story is that they couldn't engineer a car whose drivetrain doesn't fail by 60k miles 2/3 of the time.
>>
>>14160107
The story is that they're at the forefront of development and working hard to iron out all the initial bugs and kind enough to offer some of the best warranty coverage you can find so that their ongoing troubleshooting won't cause you any headaches.

Or would you have expected the first gasoline cars to instantly be flawless, too? Hell, it took them three decades of production cars to even come up with electric starters.
>>
>>14160107
Well it doesn't total the car and its covered by a very generous warranty so it's really a non-issue.
The real story is how it will effect their stock price.
>>
>>14160126
I understand that of course. But it's not as if Tesla came up with the electric car. You're trying to make it sound as if they started from scratch.
>>
>>14160139
Warranty should not be a bragging point. It's also important to note that 1,400 Tesla owners got mad at consumer reports declaring it's the best car ever.
>>
>>14159672
Nailed
>>
>>14160160
They've come up with the only even potentially mainstream desirable electric car though. All the others are unluxurious econoboxes confined to single cities because of their horrid range.
>>
>>14160218
Only needed a government bailout, tax incentives, and celebrity dick sucking to survive. Wow.
>>
>>14160218
They did do a good job improving the technology, and making it driveable. I still don't think that whatever improvements they made between the EV1 and similar stuff justify having such an extraordinary failure rate. If GM made an electric car whose drivetrain failed 2/3 of the time, they would be crucified.
>>
>>14160245
So, just like all other American car companies, except that they're all established?
>>
>>14160160
>>14160160
Different anon but I think it's more a combination of a pretty new game (electric cars weren't new but they weren't going over 250 miles on a charge and trying to do everything a conventional car can do, and still aren't yet) and being the company's first full production car (since the roadster was still built on an elise glider).

The model 3 will be their first truly mainstream release. That will be the make or break.
>>
Elon Musk is a retard.
He makes rockets that explode and cars that burn.
His shit wouldn't be afloat if it wasn't propped up by a bunch of taxpayer money.
OY VEY.
>>
>>14160271
I get that Tesla did a lot of stuff that was new. But do you hear about the Leaf having catastrophic drivetrain issues? No. The only thing I could find about those was this thing claiming a better drivetrain reliability than conventional:

http://www.energytrendsinsider.com/2015/04/13/nissan-leaf-drive-train-is-25-times-more-reliable-than-conventional-cars/
>>
>>14160273
On a scale of one icyhot application to absolutely euroblasted, how much did your butt hurt when the falcon 9 landed and was recovered completely undamaged?
>>
>>14160297
No doubt the leaf is more reliable, but it's also got about a fourth as powerful with less than half the range. Plus, Tesla did claim to have identified the issue and changed their process, I'm waiting to see whether the numbers from before and after end up baring that out.
>>
>>14160297
no shit its reliable. Its got one moving part.
Its also a giant pile of shit and I rather have 10,000 parts running on exploding dinosaurs. Fuck your couch.
>>
>>14160326
reddit pls go
>>
>>14160298
>addressing one of the three points because its the only one you got an argument for.
So it landed. Once. Show me some Soyuz reliability.
>>
>>14160338
>obsolete expendable shit
We're in a new era, gramps.
>>
>>14160325
Tesla's more powerful and has twice the range, yeah. But their failure rates are exponentially higher. If it's really just a single issue that they've managed to fix, that's great. That sort of thing doesn't exactly inspire confidence though.
>>
>>14159566
Oh god, another GURR ANGRY FACE car. Perfect.
>>
>>14160463
Tesla has two cars and no GRR faces so far. I'm more worried it will end up looking like an overturned boat (EV1, XL1) with the supposed goal of under .20 drag coefficient. .23 looks pretty good on the S, though.
>>
>>14160273
If you'd compared Tesla or SpaceX to it's competitors instead of just looking at the total number of exploded cars/rockets, then you'd realize that they actually got an impressive track record when it comes to engineering and building working products in a *very* short amount of time. And calling Musk a retard is on the same level as calling Steve Jobs a retard - you might not like his products or demeanour but calling him stupid is beyond ridiculous.
>>
>>14160603
>be Steve Jobs
>steal everything and die because you don't believe in medicine
Musk is an innovator, but Jobs actually was a retard.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.