[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys keep in your car in case you break down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: winter_car_kit.jpg (25KB, 510x341px) Image search: [Google]
winter_car_kit.jpg
25KB, 510x341px
What do you guys keep in your car in case you break down / get stranded ?
>>
i really shitty sleeping baf , like for a child's sleepover or something.. with disney princesses on it..
i live in the city so hopefully that isn't something i'll need to worry about
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14153704
>>
File: Small_Survival_Kit_bh1c-z4.jpg (983KB, 2983x2384px) Image search: [Google]
Small_Survival_Kit_bh1c-z4.jpg
983KB, 2983x2384px
>>14153704
i have something similar to this in my trunk for what ever reason
along with some simple tools for quick fixes
>>
>>14153862
What the hell are you going to do with 4oz of "Drinking Water"?
>>
Jumper cables and some random screw drivers. I can typically rig something well enough with that to get me wherever.
>>
>>14153875
Drink 4oz. of water. Dumby
>>
i keep a decent tool kit with a complete socket set, wrenches, plyers screw drivers and some other bullshit. i have a decent amount of food/water for me and my dog under the seat, plus the bag i carry everywhere that contains a first aid kit, jacket/gloves/hat and a bunch of other odds and ends. and a glock
Might seem a bit much but I work in the middle of fuckin nowhere and my truck is really my only lifeline
>>
>>14153875
no the actual pack i have in my car but idk man maybe i would drink it
>>
>>14153898
also, rain gear!
>>
Nothing Tbh, I'll probably just call someone if I get stranded

In my old civic I had
- jumper cables
- towel
- knife
- jug of water
>>
A cell phone.

To call the Hyundai dealer to come and get my '16.

Shit better not break down....
>>
loaded gun.
>>
>>14153704
Pistol with one bullet desu
>>
Rock jack
Tire iron
wrench for diff
diff fluid
4 quarts of oil
sometimes 15 gallons of gas
tow straps
100+ piece tool kit
winch
full size spare
tire chains
sometimes a co2 tank
two batteries
two fire extinguishers
AAA card
horse dildo and gallon of lube, when it breaks down and I can't fix it, because why not? My ass is already reamed.
>>
>>14153898
>>14153862
>>14154050
>tool kit

Autism
>>
>>14154075
Nah, its actually quite nice when you tow your jetski for an hour to the lake, and need to work on it. Instead of driving home, you just open up your fucking truck and grab the plastic box.
>>
>>14154075
not everyone relies only on triple a to get themselves out of a flat tire or simple problem
>>
File: 1335110095218.jpg (41KB, 350x328px) Image search: [Google]
1335110095218.jpg
41KB, 350x328px
I made a kit for my FB that contains a ratchet with a spark plug socket, some 2 stoke oil, ATF, a funnel, and a screwdriver for the carb.

I outlined everything on some foam and cut then cut it out so everything stays in place. I've also got a really small ratchet set that did absolutely no good when the aft 2/3rds of my exhaust system fell off.

>tfw you pull everything from the cat back out from under your car on the side of the road and people give you funny looks as you stuff it into the hatch
>>
>socket set
>pliers
>screwdriver set
>AAA card
>carb cleaner
>duct tape
>zip ties
BMW also provided me with a first aid kit and a rechargeable flashlight.
>>
>>14154138
>people give you funny looks as you stuff it into the hatch
Nah m8, they were admiring your anime stickers
>>
>>14154138
lmao one time i put a new cat back on my firebird and one of the clamps came lose a week later i was able to pull into a parking lot and tighten it back on. it was raining to. oh the good old days
>>
File: IMG_20151228_142022.jpg (609KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_142022.jpg
609KB, 1200x1600px
Cellphone, knife, cold black coffee, and a liter of water
Fixes any problem

Should get a dedicated car gun
>>
I carry alot of stuff since my car is very old.

Tire iron
Jack
Full size spare tire
Socket set with other tools
Quart of oil
Jug of water and coolant
1 gal. Gas can
Jumper cables
Tow straps
Points file
Road flares and reflector triangle
Some small Toyota first aid kit with a bunch of stuff.
Gatorage bottle.
And of course a LED flashlight
>>
>>14154050
CO2 tank bro! I use both small and larger CO2 cylinders with fixed pressure Western Enterprises regulators with brass pneumatic chucks screwed into the (1/4" NPT) outlets.

Much cheaper than commercial power tank kits, you can get the regs from any welding supply or online:

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Enterprises-RP320150-Regulators-086428/dp/B004QXMO8S
>>
>>14154138
More than one of us have done this...
>>
Back when I had a Datsun, I'd keep a dedicated tool kit in there, A couple of sockets (I think 8, 10, 12, 14), wrenches, screwdrivers, zip ties.

I always have a torch, no matter the car. And a jumper. Usually a bottle of water.
>>
>>14153704
related question, but im going on my first real road trip in a few months.
would it be advisable to have a spare car battery just in case? it seems like a good idea but any comments on this?
>>
>>14154342
I would just keep jumper cables or a jumper pack. If your battery starts to shit out, it isn't going to strand you in the middle of the road. It will be in a parking lot around other people and cars.

If you think your battery is getting old and weak, replace it before the trip. If your battery is constantly dying, check the alternator too.
>>
nothing because weight reduction bro
>>
>>14154355
the only real reason im asking is mostly bc i wont be out around a bunch of people. ill be out in the desert. thats the my concern. but thanks for the feedback senpai.
>>
I keep several bags in the back at almost all times. Even more things are carried in the event of recoveries or off road adventures.
Recovery bag:
>5 20k snatch blocks
>12 3/4' D-rings
>4 30' 30,000lb recovery straps
>2 20' 30,000lb recovery straps
>6 6' 12,000lb tree straps
>Hatchet
>12" bow saw
48" hilift jack
Portable air pump with a tire repair kit in the bag as well.
First aid kit/road side emergency kit
Jumper cables
Collapsible shovel
Candles
Blanket
Strike anywhere matches
Basic tool set geared to my vehicle
On winter recoveries I generally carry three days worth of food and water.
>>
File: 1394927703915.jpg (85KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1394927703915.jpg
85KB, 640x1136px
>>14153704
>>14153717
>>14153719
>>14153862
>>14153890
>>14153898
>>14153948
>>14153963
>>14154050
>>14154150
>>14154138
>>14154178
>>14154237
>>14154265
>>14154355
>>14154342
>>14154397

All these replies and not a single one of you idiots has a spare change of clothes.
>>
>>14154365
Jumper pack for sure then.

The ones they make now have USB outlets so you can charge your phone and everything if needed. And I think some of them can actually be recharged by the 12V outlet in your car and a simple USB adapter.

Plus if you buy a spare battery and have it sit in your trunk for a couple months, there is a chance it won't even start the car the first time you hook it up. Sometimes new batteries have a low charge and you need to run the car for a bit to let them charge up.

Spend that $125 on a good battery booster thing instead of a second battery.
>>
>>14154004
this
>>
>>14154406
qt

Do you constanty shit or piss yourself?
Why would I need clothes?
>>
>>14154520

In case your clothes get wet and it's the middle of winter.

Bad combination if you're stranded.
>>
>>14154533
my olds high school teacher told me if it's ever freezing cold and you got wet to strip naked and post pictures on the internet
>>
A ratchet set
screw drivers
knife
gloves
jumper cables
four way lug wrench
jack
mag light
work light
>>
leatherman
ducktape
fold up shovel
hatchet
tarp
1 gal water
blanket
recovery strap
m&p .40
>>
in my trucks toolbox-
Huge socket set, wrench set, jump cables, plug in air compressor, 50 feet of rope, tow hooks, 100 zip ties, oil, antifreeze, rags, a bunch of water bottles.
>>
This is what's in my 92 F150 that I 4 wheel on a regular basis in the summer (it's a dedicated trail rig, not a daily).

Spare Tire
Hi-Lift Jack
Breaker Bar
250 Piece Craftsman Mechanics Tool Set
Pickle Forks
Hammer
Spare Thermostat
Spare U-Joints
Spare Ball Joints
Extra Hoses of Random Sizes + Hose Clamps
Extra Electrical Wiring
Zip-Ties
Jump Pack
Jumper Cables
Air Compressor
6 Ton Come-Along
12,000 Lb Winch
Multiple tow straps of various sizes and lengths
Voodoo Rope
Different sized D-Shackles
Weighted Winch Blankets
Ratchet Straps
First Aid Kit
Axe
Shovel
Emergency use only Water + Food (MRE's)

I am sure I am missing something but that's my basic setup. Surprisingly I fit 90% of that stuff in the truckbed toolbox, you would not know I am carrying that much stuff unless I opened it.
>>
I'd recommend every getting a portable battery jump starter. 10/10

random blanket
gallon of water
rope
hatchet
spare shirt
flashlight
gloves
deodorant
GPS
Advil
paper towels
>>
In my car at all times I've already got an extra fan belt, 2 gallons of water, a quart of oil, an air filter, duct tape, some fuel and vacuum hose (about 4 feet of each), a few hose clamps, 50 zip ties in various sizes, a small 12V air compressor, an S&W 5906 with 5 mags and 3 boxes of ammunition, a Hayes manual, jumper cables, 4 road flares, and some bailing wire.

That does not count my backpack that has 3 MRE's, iodine tablets, an M15 gas mask with two filters, a Glock 22 with 4 mags and 4 boxes of ammunition, a bic lighter, a canteen cup w/ titanium spork, a Mora Clipper, a small first aid kit, change of semi-nice clothes (khakis and a light yellow polo) with two pairs of underwear, two pairs of socks, a pair of gloves, a Flecktarn parka, and some small silver coins.

That bag moves to whatever car I use that day.
>>
>>14154702
Damn, I'm about to smash a window and grab that backpack.
>>
>>14154726
Good luck seeing it behind the bench.
>>
>>14154702
you preppers are amusing

pics or gtfo
>>
blanket
jumper cables
air/tire compressor
medical kit
bungee cord
box cutter knife
duct tape
zip ties
poncho
roadside reflectors
flashlight
lighter
spare tire
car jack

and plenty of other weird shit that I probably don't remember.
>>
Jumper cables and that's it.
>>
A cell phone to call a tow truck..
>>
Small set of tools, jumper cables, emergency blanket, flares, firemaking and first aid stuff, spare clothes and dry food.

We get some good winters up here, it's a relatively rural area and it's also my hunting rig, so no cell reception at times.
>>
I don't offroad alone.
And if I did it wouldn't be more than 10-15 miles away from a major road or cell area.
If you got a map and water you're good to go.
>>
>>14154729
>prepper
it ain't prepping, it's simply having some tools at my disposal. Tons of smoke or a chemical spill/burn close to where I have to drive in an emergency? I have the gas mask. Get jacked? Gun. Get dirty working on car/helping someone? Extra clothes. Break down? Tools are right there.

It just gives me peace of mind, and has greatly helped in the past (the guns not so much, and I'm hoping they don't have to)

>pics or gtfo

this isn't /b/, also pics of containers which contain guns getting posted to an online forum isn't a bright idea.
>>
1-800-PORSCHE
>>
>>14154876
fair enough, a preliminary reading of your item list suggested you were preparing for doomsday. I could help but think of those that stereotypical prepper

>this isn't /b/
You're right. However it's still the internet and extensive claims, in this case "what i carry with me every day in my car," generally would be more believable with proof
>>
i removed a bunch of shit for weight im not going to replace it with a bunch of shit i dont need when i can just get a free tow from AAA
>>
>>14154896
That is why you'll be stuck on the side of the road for hours waiting for a tow, while the rest of us are able to fix the problem and be back on our way in minutes.
>>
my cell phone so i can call AAA and have them tow me
>>
>>14154931
oh and rags and polish
>>
>>14153704

Apologies for the /r/, but it seams appropriate for the thread. Does anyone know of a GOOD portable vacuum/air compressor combo? I have been able to find a few, but they all seem very cheap.
>>
metric wrenches.
Screw driver set
leather man tool
spare ignition cassette
spark plugs
gloves
tire inflator
1 gallon of distilled water
1 mag light
>>
All I keep on it are some cable ties, jumper leads, a spanner set and a little socket set. If it's anything that I can't fix I'll just ring my mate and get him to come pick me up in his car trailer but I've never had to use any of that shit anyway. Only thing I used was cable ties when one of my cooler piping clamps gave in and got it home fine.
>>
File: 567.jpg (145KB, 855x751px) Image search: [Google]
567.jpg
145KB, 855x751px
>always have a 4L bottle of distilled water in my truck, as well as other emergency stuff
>friend breaks down I just happen to be nearby
>needs coolant
>rush to my trunk glad I can help
>water jug had been punctured
>apparently a while ago because it is bone dry in the jug and my car

man I felt like an idiot.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.