[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you mustang fags have been burned by Ford's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: newmustang.jpg (36KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
newmustang.jpg
36KB, 1024x576px
How many of you mustang fags have been burned by Ford's aluminum corrosion?

>Ford
Not even once.
>>
File: mustang.jpg (51KB, 884x238px) Image search: [Google]
mustang.jpg
51KB, 884x238px
Where all the ford shills at?
>>
File: Meanwhile_248f25_5767920.jpg (97KB, 660x489px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile_248f25_5767920.jpg
97KB, 660x489px
>>14151125
What years?
>>
FIX
OT
RGAIN
DONY
>>
>>14151423
2005+
>>
>>14151469

What cars? Where do the cars live that you've seen this?
>>
>>14151481
>What cars?
M U S T A N G. Can you not read negro?
>>
>>14151125
>aluminum
>corrosion
Am I missing something?
>>
>>14151429
fix it again tony
>>
>>14151673

Aluminum corrodes when it isn't coated in some sort of material to prevent it. Ford applies a special corrosion agent under the paint, but it's already been shown that moisture can make it's way in. Just like paint on steel if it gets scratched then the corrosion resistance is gone.

If you scrape the paint off an aluminum soda or beer can it will corrode rather quickly.
>>
>>14151673
Nope. Ford found a way. Iron contamination.

Basically ford is smashing tiny particles of iron into the body panels, trunk and engine lids during pressing. The iron/aluminum react with each other and cause rust under the paint. Best part, Ford is denying all warranty claims to fix peoples cars properly and its been going on since about 2005.
>>
File: stang1.jpg (406KB, 800x600px)
stang1.jpg
406KB, 800x600px
>>14151693
forgot muh pic

where da ford shillz at yo?!
>>
>>14151693
I'm guessing this is the right answer.
>>14151692
You're retarded. Aluminum doesn't need a coating, it forms its own. Flakes of aluminum corrode because they're simply too thin to do so.
>>
>>14151692
I thought aluminum only formed a thin protective layer of alumina on the surface.
>>
>>14151469
2004 master race
>>
>>14151692
this is galvanic corrosion retard
>>
>>14151720
...galvanized aluminum?
>>
>>14151701
>>14151704

Pitting is common in the type and application of aluminum Ford is using. Pitting via moisture salt or other contaminants hampers the ability to create a new protective layer.

Aluminum corrodes. It's not like steel, and certainly not as bad, but aluminium isn't corrosion proof, but merely corrosion resistant. Untreated raw aluminium becomes very nasty looking without a layer of protective coating under paint to keep it uniform.
>>
>>14151704
This is true when the aluminum is exposed to air. If the coating is removed in an environment where there is no air, but a reactive material, it will corrode. This is why if you scratch the inside of a soda can with soda in it, it will corrode through the can.
>>
>>14151125
Not me. I never fell for that forum scare bushtit. /o/ will though. It's in their nature.
>>
>>14151673
There are only two metals which do not ever corrode: Gold and platinum. Also, note that metals often have multiple ways they can corrode under different circumstances.

The typical way aluminum corrodes results in something known as "passivization", in which the corroded outer layer of the piece of aluminum creates a barrier that prevents inner layers from corroding. This is different from, say, the typical way in which iron corrodes, which results in the outer layers expanding and becoming porous, which exposes inner layers of the material to the elements and permits further corrosion.

If you've ever heard of blued steel, or bluing steel, that refers to a different form of iron corrosion than the typical, in which the outside layer seals the inner layers and prevents them from getting corroded. Note that passivization techniques like this are still technically corrosion because the material oxidizes and its chemical formula changes.
>>
>>14151701
>>14151704

That process is actually a form of corrosion.
>>
>>14151701
>Aluminum doesn't need a coating, it forms its own.
Do you know what that "forms it's own" coating is? Oxidation.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.